No Joke: Sarah Palin Reportedly Quits One Nation Bus Tour Halfway Through

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
No Joke: Sarah Palin Reportedly Quits One Nation Bus Tour Halfway Through

by Colby Hall | 9:00 am, June 22nd, 2011

Real Clear Politics is reporting that Sarah Palin has taken an “extended hiatus” from her much ballyhooed One Nation Bus Tour. While the tour was never clearly defined with specific stops (especially to the media), Palin had made clear her intention to visit the very politically influential states of Iowa and South Carolina, which raised reasonable expectations that she had some sort of political goal in mind. Well it appears that those stops, and all others, have not been shelved and the Palins have retreated to their home of Alaska for the rest of the summer.

Roughly a month ago, the entire media world seemed particularly vexed by Palin’s One Nation bus tour. Several prominent personalities wondered what was the point of Palin taking a tour through numerous swing states if not the most obvious explanation: running for President. For her part, Palin simply described the tour as a trip to get to better know America’s history, and some commentators insisted that her goal was only that of self-promotion and that it was nothing more than a publicity tour.

Palin was steadfast in her defense, however, specifically telling Fox News Greta Van Susteren that the tour was “not about (her)” and that this was not a “publicity-seeking tour,” adding that the tour was about America’s history and reconnecting the nation with its great past.

Well that part appears to be over, Writing for Real Clear Politics, Scott Conroy reports:

Though Palin and her staff never announced a timeline for the remaining legs of her trip, aides had drafted preliminary itineraries that would have taken her through the Midwest and Southeast at some point this month. But those travel blueprints are now in limbo, RCP has learned, as Palin and her family have reverted to the friendly confines of summertime Alaska, where the skies are currently alight for over 19 hours a day and the Bristol Bay salmon fishing season is nearing its peak.

As Palin enjoys her sojourn to the 49th state, she has not reconnected with key early-state figures like Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, and she may have jeopardized whatever political momentum she gained from her recent reemergence in the 2012 discussion. Her political action committee’s website still greets visitors with a stale banner, announcing the nationwide bus tour beginning “[t]his Sunday, May 29th.”

More than a few of Palin’s core supporters have grown impatient and confused about her strategy, venting their frustration on Internet fan sites.

Critics of Palin are certain to compare the appearance of her ending her bus tour before it was complete, to her resignation of the office of Governor before her term was complete. And whether or not that is a fair comparison is almost besides the point; her detractors will always find fault with her decisions. Its not all bad for Palin, however, as that criticism will likely only serve to bolster her supporters. It’s the way American politics works now.

With her bus tour now over (or at least on extended hiatus) the media’s attention will now turn to whether or not the former Governor of Alaska will throw her hat into the presidential ring. And according to Conroy, Palin seems in no hurry to make that very big decision.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/no-j...ly-quits-one-nation-bus-tour-halfway-through/

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Critics of Palin are certain to compare the appearance of her ending her bus tour before it was complete, to her resignation of the office of Governor before her term was complete. And whether or not that is a fair comparison is almost besides the point; her detractors will always find fault with her decisions. Its not all bad for Palin, however, as that criticism will likely only serve to bolster her supporters. It’s the way American politics works now.
This is a very telling and true paragraph. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was planned like this. Although the bus tour hasn't gotten much coverage the last few weeks. Maybe she's just decided to stop teasing a run. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Is it possible to finally be rid of her? I hate JM for bringing her into the spotlight and leaving us to deal with it

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
tl:dr version: She started driving a bus through some hick states for no apparent reason, then decided to go home to Alaska for the summer.

Rest of article: speculate speculate speculate!

Fuck everyone who gives two shits about this woman. Seriously, how the fuck is this news? The left is absolutely responsible for whatever financial and public success she's had over the last three years. If you really hate her, shut the fuck up and she will go away.

"But she, see, the bus, well, she shouldn't have started touring to begin with... and, but, see, she shouldn't have quit half way through! Go back to Alaska you whore... oh wait, look at the whore running home to Alaska!"

Find anything in those emails yet?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Fuck everyone who gives two shits about this woman. Seriously, how the fuck is this news? The left is absolutely responsible for whatever financial and public success she's had over the last three years. If you really hate her, shut the fuck up and she will go away.
In other news FOX is now considered "the left"

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Is it possible to finally be rid of her? I hate JM for bringing her into the spotlight and leaving us to deal with it

If you wanted to get rid of her, you should have voted for McCain, nobody ever hears about Biden anymore.

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
*Sigh* Reports of Tour Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated

Imagine our surprise when reading media reports today that the “One Nation Tour” has been cancelled. Why didn’t anyone tell me? Oh, wait, that’s because it hasn’t been cancelled. (Good ol' media... you never cease to amaze!)

As I said myself at the end of the east coast leg of the tour, the summer is long, and I’m looking forward to hitting the open road again. The coming weeks are tight because civic duty calls (like most everyone else, even former governors get called up for jury duty) and I look forward to doing my part just like every other Alaskan.

I wouldn’t think it to be such a slow news day that, what with numerous wars and serious economic woes concerning Americans, a bus is driving news stories today. The next leg of the tour continues when the time comes. In the meantime, no one should jump to conclusions – certainly not the media with their long track record of getting things wrong or just making things up.

- Sarah Palin

[video=youtube;9wJfsLafye4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wJfsLafye4[/video]

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Hahaha... fucking jury duty. "Yeah, well, she probably won't finish that either!"

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Forced on by who? The establishment GOP has never been a fan of hers.
Yes they were in the beginning. They were worried that the McCain nomination alienated the right wing conservative base.

I love how she's bitching about the media getting it wrong, yet she won't go on any programs explaining her little "tour," she only did one interview even on Fox. Is it a promotional tour for her upcoming movie? Testing the waters for a presidential announcement? Are they filming it for a reality show to sell to the Discovery Channel?

Dumb twat. :icon_cool

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Yes they were in the beginning. They were worried that the McCain nomination alienated the right wing conservative base.
That doesn't mean they were a fan of hers. As you pointed out, they were worried that the McCain nomination alienated the right wing conservative base and they thought adding Palin to the ticket would help in that regard... and it did, just not enough. The GOP supporting her at the time was ALL about winning the election.

whiskeyguy

Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Also, if you're out of state when you get a jury summons, aren't you automatically given a waiver?
I don't know if it's automatic, but it's pretty easy to get one. Hell she could just ignore it and say no one was home to open it... I've been doing that for almost ten years now. She probably knew if she weaseled out of it someone would make a big deal about her not taking her civic duty seriously.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Whatever happened, for whatever reason, it's obvious that she wasn't serious about this or hold and intention of running for the presidency. You don't take any action that can possibly be construed to support an already existing sigma like this.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I don't know if it's automatic, but it's pretty easy to get one. Hell she could just ignore it and say no one was home to open it... I've been doing that for almost ten years now. She probably knew if she weaseled out of it someone would make a big deal about her not taking her civic duty seriously.
Maybe you're right. If a guy can't get out of jury duty because he has to carry his shell of a coworker, nobody can.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Reboot!

Sarah Palin to Re-Launch Bus Tour in Iowa Tomorrow

August 10, 2011 5:33 PM

ABC News’ Sheila Marikar (@sheilaym) and Shushannah Walshe (@shushwalshe) report:

ABC News has confirmed that Sarah Palin will re-launch her “One Nation” bus tour in Iowa tomorrow, the same day that Republican presidential contenders will take the stage for a debate in Ames, Iowa.

A SarahPAC fundraising email obtained by ABC News details the former Alaska governor’s plans to “meet folks at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines this week.”

“The heartland is perfect territory for more of the One Nation Tour as we put forth efforts to revitalize the fundamental restoration of America by highlighting our nation's heart, history, and founding principles,” Palin writes in the email. “State fairs hold a special place in our nation's history and heritage, so my family is honored to highlight one of them on one stop along the One Nation Tour route - America's historic Iowa State Fair! (I'm also excited to try some of that famous fried butter-on-a-stick, fried cheesecake-on-a-stick, fried twinkies, etc. I'll enjoy them in honor of those who'd rather make us just ‘eat our peas!’)”

A source with knowledge of the trip told ABC News that plans for an Iowa visit have been in place since at least Tuesday. As of this morning, only about four people besides Palin knew about the trip. The source also said that a handful of Iowa GOP members and elected officials were notified about the trip minutes before the SarahPAC email went out.

It’s not clear if Palin will hold an organized event or just shake hands and take photos during the SarahPAC trip, but Thursday is the day of the Fox News debate in Ames -- as a paid Fox News contributor, her trip may be attached to that.

Palin’s “One Nation” tour came to a halt in early July after a week-long trip up the northeast coast from Washington, DC to New Hampshire – she rolled into the state the same day former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney announced his presidential bid there. At the end of that trip, she promised to re-launch the tour later this summer.

In a Fox News appearance last month, Palin set September as deadline for her to declare her 2012 intentions. Organize4Palin, an independent group of volunteers with a strong Iowa arm, has said multiple times that they’re ready to campaign for Palin if and when she decides to run for president.

This isn’t Palin’s only planned visit to the crucial election state. Late last month, she announced she’d give a keynote address at an Iowa tea party rally over Labor Day weekend.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/08/sarah-palin-to-re-launch-bus-tour-in-iowa-tomorrow.html
“State fairs hold a special place in our nation's history and heritage, so my family is honored to highlight one of them on one stop along the One Nation Tour route - America's historic Iowa State Fair! (I'm also excited to try some of that famous fried butter-on-a-stick, fried cheesecake-on-a-stick, fried twinkies, etc. I'll enjoy them in honor of those who'd rather make us just ‘eat our peas!’)”
Isn't the whole "fried heart attack" gimmick about over with at these state fairs? And is that a thinly veiled attack on Michelle Obama's healthy choices campaign?