No Man's Sky

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I thought there was a thread on this, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

10 Things We Learned About No Man's Sky
Star trek
By Meghan Sullivan

No Man's Sky: E3 2015 Sony Stage Demo - IGN Live: E3 2015
05:45
This week at E3 Hello Games revealed more about their upcoming galactic simulator, No Man's Sky. Here are ten things we learned about the game.

• No Man’s Sky does not have a traditional story with cutscenes and a predefined hero. Like Minecraft and Terraria, the player creates and defines their own experience.
  • Planets are planet sized. You can spend days exploring just one world, experiencing its day and night cycles while walking its surface or flying through the sky in your spaceship (or jet pack)
  • Once you discover a planet, you can change its randomly generated name to whatever you want. The same goes for any creatures you find on its surface.
  • Although you're free to do what you want in No Man's Sky, there are consequences for your actions. If you kill too many creatures or deplete a planet's valuable resources, your “wanted” level will go up, and the planet’s “Sentinels” will come after you. If you pick a fight in space, the space police will come after you. And if you pick a fight with them, prepare to take on the military.
No Man's Sky Sony Conference Reactions - IGN Live: E3 2015
03:22
  • Almost everything in the game can be upgraded: shields, ships, weapons, and even your spacesuit.
  • There are three basic gameplays styles: exploring, trading, and fighting.
  • If you die in the game, you'll lose any information you did not save to "The Atlas", a giant computer that records your progress and can be accessed via a planet's beacons.
  • You can literally craft items on an atomic level by using blueprints you find in the game.
  • Even when the game "ends" (i.e.making it to the center of the galaxy) you can continue to explore worlds for as long as you want.
  • You can share your discoveries online by uploading information to The Atlas, which will allow friends to see everything you've discovered in the game.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/10-things-we-learned-about-no-mans-sky-gameplay

BIV

This will be a Day 1 buy for me. I couldn't be any more excited about a game. My hype level for this is right up there with Fallout 4.

I WILL name a creature a Dindu Nuffin.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
This will be a Day 1 buy for me. I couldn't be any more excited about a game. My hype level for this is right up there with Fallout 4.

I WILL name a creature a Dindu Nuffin.
Hopefully on planet "Hitler did nothing wrong"

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
Been following this one for a while. The ambition is staggering. I hope this isn't a Spore scenario.

BIV

Been following this one for a while. The ambition is staggering. I hope this isn't a Spore scenario.
Or the next Duke Nukem Forever.
Both of you bite your tongues.

I love games that you can just fuck around endlessly, especially when my split shift makes getting blocks of time to play difficult. Minecraft has eaten an insane amount of time for just that reason.

BIV

18 minutes of gameplay

If that doesn't work, remove the space:

http://www.ign.com/
videos/2015/07/06/no-mans-sky-18-minutes-of-uninterrupted-gameplay-ign-first

BIV

No Man's Sky?

Well thats rather sexist.
You really want bitches flying space ships?

Be on their fucking cell phone the whole time....

As a side note, this looks so fucking amazing.

I'm going to populate the universe with subtly racist terms.

I'll name a creature a Dindu Nuffin.
A planet will be called Asterisk....

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Will you make a town called racistville and banish people to it for saying the wrong thing?

BIV

I REALLY want this game

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Gonna be a huge letdown I'm sure.

Bobobie

Instead of trying to make a gigantic sprawling game with more space than substance, I wish they'd simply make a Starflight reboot. I like the planet exploration if there is a real purpose to it. No Mako in Mass Effect 2 was one of the reasons I lost interest in the series.

BIV

Instead of trying to make a gigantic sprawling game with more space than substance, I wish they'd simply make a Starflight reboot. I like the planet exploration if there is a real purpose to it. No Mako in Mass Effect 2 was one of the reasons I lost interest in the series.
That's kind of what I like about this game. There is a purpose, to get to the center of the universe. What makes it great are the many ways to get there. He said in one of the interviews that it's possible to get there without ever setting foot on a planet. Alternatively, if all you want to do is explore and pick up resources without and space combat, that'll work to.

I am also, admittedly enamored by the duel ideas of coming up on a planet and knowing literally no one else on the world has ever seen what I am seeing...and that someone may stumble upon my world later to find it and many of it's creatures already named by me.

I'm also into games were you can play without doing anything of substance. GTA, Minecraft, ....to some extent Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Diablo III...some mindless play to kill time and relax.

BIV

Another great vid:
videos/2015/07/15/no-mans-skys-sci-fi-inspirations

Have I said lately how much I want this game?

BIV

Short vid showing five random planets

videos/2015/07/17/no-mans-sky-a-tour-of-5-new-planets-ign-first

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
When dis bitch available?

DiggerNick

Donator
You really want bitches flying space ships?

Be on their fucking cell phone the whole time....

As a side note, this looks so fucking amazing.

I'm going to populate the universe with subtly racist terms.

I'll buy this game just to wipe out the Dindu Nuffuns.

BIV

Short exploration vid:

videos/2015/07/20/no-mans-sky-6-minutes-of-exploration-gameplay-ign-first

BIV

How No Man's Sky Infinite Universe Actually Works

http://www.ign.com
/videos/2015/07/22/how-no-mans-sky-infinite-universe-actually-works-ign-first?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20%28front%20page%29&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Coverstory