No Man's Sky

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I got about an hour with this today.

Apparently, I have to relearn everything. This is a whole new game.

Bobobie

I've downgraded to a Radeon 4600 HD or I'd be all over this.

BIV

I've downgraded to a Radeon 4600 HD or I'd be all over this.
Still gorgeous on my 1080 tv.

Still trying to wrap my head around all the changes.

BIV

Am I gonna have to worry about some goddamn asshole discovering my base and demolishing it when I'm not around?
Nope. Can't fuck with bases. Plants and resources spawn separately for each player or squad.

What are you playing on. If on a console we can squad up sometime.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Nope. Can't fuck with bases. Plants and resources spawn separately for each player or squad.

What are you playing on. If on a console we can squad up sometime.
PS4. I'll squad up with you once I understand what the blue negro is happening. Does the in-game tutorial shit help or am I going to be playing with a FAQ page on my laptop constantly?

BIV

PS4. I'll squad up with you once I understand what the blue negro is happening. Does the in-game tutorial shit help or am I going to be playing with a FAQ page on my laptop constantly?
I need to start from scratch again, but the tutorial and in-game menus tell you all you need but doesn't spoon feed it. They want a little WTF when you first start.

When you pin a recipe in in your menu, it turns that recipe into a mission and coaches you through it.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I need to start from scratch again, but the tutorial and in-game menus tell you all you need but doesn't spoon feed it. They want a little WTF when you first start.

When you pin a recipe in in your menu, it turns that recipe into a mission and coaches you through it.
Okay, right on. Gonna fire it up when I get home tonight.

Hey, random NMS question: did anyone ever come across that gigantic worm thing that they teased in that fateful launch trailer so many years ago? Was that fucking monster ever added somewhere?

Bobobie

I've also been kind of interested in this game called Astroneer, but it's been in development on steam since 2016. I hate playing unfinished games. It's sort pf like Minecraft in space with crafting and resource management.

BIV

No. They had it in a build at one point, but Sean says it was no fun at all so they scrapped it. Just too OP.

They reused the model for some flying creatures.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
I got nothing that I'm into playing right now until Spider-Man, so I'll give this a try. I wanted to love it and then fell off while watching BIV jizz over every new feature in this thread. There's been enough added and enough change to warrant one last try. When does RDR2 come out?
Well, better than jizzing all over one's self over in the Trump Circle Jerk Thread. :action-sm

BIV

Okay, right on. Gonna fire it up when I get home tonight.

Hey, random NMS question: did anyone ever come across that gigantic worm thing that they teased in that fateful launch trailer so many years ago? Was that fucking monster ever added somewhere?
Did you get a chance to check it out? Any thoughts?

I've also been kind of interested in this game called Astroneer, but it's been in development on steam since 2016. I hate playing unfinished games. It's sort pf like Minecraft in space with crafting and resource management.
I played the early version. It was interesting but really bare bones. I haven't played it since the big update.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Did you get a chance to check it out? Any thoughts?

I played the early version. It was interesting but really bare bones. I haven't played it since the big update.
Yeah, played a couple hours following the tutorial and trying to get my bearings. Now it wants me to find copper using my analyzer and my 'compass', and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find any copper on this stupid planet to save my life. Also, turned the network play off and still had to deal with some fuck named B_Brian4435 or some shit shooting at me while I was trying to find this stupid copper. This game isn't doing itself any favors.

BIV

Yeah, played a couple hours following the tutorial and trying to get my bearings. Now it wants me to find copper using my analyzer and my 'compass', and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find any copper on this stupid planet to save my life. Also, turned the network play off and still had to deal with some fuck named B_Brian4435 or some shit shooting at me while I was trying to find this stupid copper. This game isn't doing itself any favors.
Yeah, I was having issues with copper myself. It's a blue icon when you hold down the left trigger, if that helps. You might want to try another planet.

You are, officially, the first person I've heard of being griefed in NMS, congrats.

Not sure how that is happening with network connections turned off. They are still bug patching.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Yeah, I was having issues with copper myself. It's a blue icon when you hold down the left trigger, if that helps. You might want to try another planet.

You are, officially, the first person I've heard of being griefed in NMS, congrats.

Not sure how that is happening with network connections turned off. They are still bug patching.
It was annoying. He shows up in my system and suddenly I'm hearing all sorts of shit about shit he's discovered. When I finally realized it, I turned the network off, so maybe it didn't bounce him since I turned the network off after the fact. But christ. I'm trying to learn on my little planet, B_Brian_Fucktwat and anyone else who wants to just show up can suck my anus.

BIV

This may help with the copper stuff.

Step 1: Find a Stellar Metal

In order to craft Chromatic Metal, first you need to have another pure metal as a source. Currently, there are four such metals in the game:

CopperCadmiumEmerilIndium

You can find any of these metals as naturally-generated resources on any of the planets you visit. In order to find one of these four metals faster and easier, use the Terrain Manipulator attachment for your Multi-Tool, which increases the scan radius by 10%.

To switch to the Terrain Manipulator from your mining tool, simply press triangle on PS4, X on PC, and Y on Xbox One.

Full Article:

https://www.gameskinny.com/65vkn/no-mans-sky-next-how-to-get-chromatic-metal

BIV

It was annoying. He shows up in my system and suddenly I'm hearing all sorts of shit about shit he's discovered. When I finally realized it, I turned the network off, so maybe it didn't bounce him since I turned the network off after the fact. But christ. I'm trying to learn on my little planet, B_Brian_Fucktwat and anyone else who wants to just show up can suck my anus.
It's a 100% shared universe, so snagging discoveries happens, even before the update.

You may be right that it was too late by the time he arrived. He may not have joined you, just happened to warp to the same system.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
It's a 100% shared universe, so snagging discoveries happens, even before the update.

You may be right that it was too late by the time he arrived. He may not have joined you, just happened to warp to the same system.
At first he showed up on my 'network' screen where I could have muted him or whatever. Then when I turned the network options off, he was off that screen but still on the planet. I bet you're right. He ended up flying off and I went back to finding only Pure Ferite deposits when I needed some damn copper.

BIV

At first he showed up on my 'network' screen where I could have muted him or whatever. Then when I turned the network options off, he was off that screen but still on the planet. I bet you're right. He ended up flying off and I went back to finding only Pure Ferite deposits when I needed some damn copper.
Copper doesn't "stick up" above the ground like crystal elements. It's a wideish...Erm....copper colored mound. Just barely higher than the surrounding ground. It doesn't look like a rock.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
Copper doesn't "stick up" above the ground like crystal elements. It's a wideish...Erm....copper colored mound. Just barely higher than the surrounding ground. It doesn't look like a rock.
Like when you'd get huge underground deposits of gold before?
Reading you guys, I'm remembering more of why I hated this game. Searching a whole fucking planet for something I desperately need, having to scour the galaxy for it, trying to REMEMBER what the fuck I need... You know, I still haven't made fucking glass. Or copper wire, I think. I don't fucking know.
Now they're making it so people can fuck with you like in every Rockstar game? Ugh.

BIV

Like when you'd get huge underground deposits of gold before?
Reading you guys, I'm remembering more of why I hated this game. Searching a whole fucking planet for something I desperately need, having to scour the galaxy for it, trying to REMEMBER what the fuck I need... You know, I still haven't made fucking glass. Or copper wire, I think. I don't fucking know.
Now they're making it so people can fuck with you like in every Rockstar game? Ugh.
Copper wire...man, that's old school. About 3 updates ago.

Remembering what you need is no longer an issue. They clearly track everything for you. Just pin whatever you are building.I

It's a survival game. If you don't like hunting for resources you are going to have a bad time. After the copper blip, finding what I need hasn't been an issue.

still haven't seen another player.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Copper wire...man, that's old school. About 3 updates ago.

Remembering what you need is no longer an issue. They clearly track everything for you. Just pin whatever you are building.I

It's a survival game. If you don't like hunting for resources you are going to have a bad time. After the copper blip, finding what I need hasn't been an issue.

still haven't seen another player.
I'll send old B_Brian over to you then, you can find out what it's like to be 'griefed.'