No Man's Sky

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Has that huge fucking snake been added from that trailer?
No, and they wont. They got it working and quickly realized it was no fun for the players. They turned the asset into a flying creature.

You're right. I just haven't developed the capacity to zone out this hard. :haha7:
I like that I need to waste days of real world time and go through a 100 loading screens in order to build a small car to ride in. To upgrade the cars takes extra missions, but why make things easy for people? Its not like you need to get around on giant planets and fuel for your starship is a pain in the ass to constantly refarm every 8 minutes from taking off and landing.

BIV

Bunch of whiny babies In here.

Adding animal taming and minecraft style logic. That'll be interesting.

Excuse me, I have to go milk my diplo.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Does anyone know how to turn it to VR mode? I didn’t see an option for it and it certainly didn’t turn on automatically when I had the headset on.

BIV

Does anyone know how to turn it to VR mode? I didn’t see an option for it and it certainly didn’t turn on automatically when I had the headset on.
No idea for PC. I'd ask the discord.

Warning, It's buggy as Hell.

Some people having no issues, some can't play without constant crashing.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator

I’m not on pc.

Figured it out though. Have to have the headset going before you boot up the game. Stupid me, i figure when they advertise ‘seamless transitioning’ between vr and normal mode, that they really meant ‘to switch between modes, exit out of the whole game, quit the application, then restart it. Seamless.

I fucking despise the lying developers on this shit game.

I don't have VR, but I know steam has a simple "install VR" option when you right-click the little steam icon.

BIV

I’m not on pc.

Figured it out though. Have to have the headset going before you boot up the game. Stupid me, i figure when they advertise ‘seamless transitioning’ between vr and normal mode, that they really meant ‘to switch between modes, exit out of the whole game, quit the application, then restart it. Seamless.

I fucking despise the lying developers on this shit game.
I didn't understand what you were asking. That's not a Hello games issue, that's a Sony thing.

DiggerNick

Donator
I'm hearing that the Oculus version of this is janky and poorly optimised. Can anyone confirm before I finally buy the damn thing?

BIV

I'm hearing that the Oculus version of this is janky and poorly optimised. Can anyone confirm before I finally buy the damn thing?
Sorry, can't help. The discord is extremely active right now. I'd wait a couple days if you are unsure. They are rolling out patches at a mad rate.

BIV

They have seriously reduced the grind. Just a few small QOL changes has made a huge difference.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
Just read the patch notes goddamn it am I gonna have to buy this game again?

DiggerNick

Donator
Okay, I got it and have been playing it for a fgew hours One thing right off the bat I like is that the first time I got the game, at launch, it always had those drone cunts come along almost immediately after I started and shoot me. And I could never shoot them back.

I don't know if it is by design or just luck in this case, but I got to actually explore and gather stuff to fix my ship without getting strafed every two fucking minutes. I haven't tried the VR version yet. I might do that later today, but I've got shit to do.

Overall it definitely feels and looks a lot better than it did. The air of utter uselessness still hangs over it, but so it does in ELITE DANGEROUS.

BIV

Okay, I got it and have been playing it for a fgew hours One thing right off the bat I like is that the first time I got the game, at launch, it always had those drone cunts come along almost immediately after I started and shoot me. And I could never shoot them back.

I don't know if it is by design or just luck in this case, but I got to actually explore and gather stuff to fix my ship without getting strafed every two fucking minutes. I haven't tried the VR version yet. I might do that later today, but I've got shit to do.

Overall it definitely feels and looks a lot better than it did. The air of utter uselessness still hangs over it, but so it does in ELITE DANGEROUS.
Yeah, they must have got the sentinels off the launch planets. I started a new file for this and not a robot fuck head to be seen on my first world. And, overall, they have been far more chill.

Love the new tech trees. A far better system.

The nexus is great. I especially like that it has a portal to previous stations or other people's bases.

They really streamlined the beginning. There is always something to do that feels like forward momentum.

Gathering resources is sooo much better now. It takes far less time and is far less tedious. The changes to overheating and the huge resource caps have done wonders.

Lo and behold. Space mining is now profitable. Don't break down your gold nuggets or tritium Crystal's. A stack of five will net you about 16k.

I wasn't sure how I would like the new star charts, but so far they are all good. By looking up ancient sites then asking for historical data (then doing the whole thing with digging up the keys) I got almost 3 million credits after three run throughs.

I like how triggering the little save tower now gets you 10+ nanites. Nice little reward for exploring.

Main complaint right now are the ugly ass wires in my base. They really need to give us the option to hide those wires when not in construction mode.

***NEW SHIP TRICK***
When you run into crashed ships, your first instinct may be to blow them off. I mean, you'll spend the rest of the day repairing them, right?

But check how much it is worth. If you still have a shitty ship and the new one is an A class or higher, that could run as high as 6 million in value. So if you fix it just enough to fly, and get it to the space station, you should be able exchange it for a fully functional ship that is slightly cheaper. Just remember that the damaged slots could lower the ships value by as much as a million credits. I found a shitty looking A class shuttle worth 6.5 mil and with an extra million from my account, I was able to get a pretty sweet as fighter.

***EASY MONEY TRICK***

Once you have upgraded your multitool to something less suck, get S class scanners on there. Just one will get you 50k every time you scan an animal or plant. Three is almost a half million.

DiggerNick

Donator
Not fond of the VR version. I know it must take massive processing power to do a fully realise 3D VR version of this game, but I was disappointed to see that forward and backward movement is the classic VR thing of moving a reticle on the screen and pressing a button to zip to that location. Full movement is only for turning around. The colours still look pretty, but I'll definitely be sticking with the regular third-person mode.

Maybe the flight mode is better. I don't know since I found I needed to make more launcher fuel and the controls were to fucked to do it in VR mode.

I just played a stunning VR tech demo called AIRCAR, which is like zipping around in BLADE RUNNER. I was hoping NMS would be like this.

BIV

Not fond of the VR version. I know it must take massive processing power to do a fully realise 3D VR version of this game, but I was disappointed to see that forward and backward movement is the classic VR thing of moving a reticle on the screen and pressing a button to zip to that location. Full movement is only for turning around. The colours still look pretty, but I'll definitely be sticking with the regular third-person mode.

Maybe the flight mode is better. I don't know since I found I needed to make more launcher fuel and the controls were to fucked to do it in VR mode.

I just played a stunning VR tech demo called AIRCAR, which is like zipping around in BLADE RUNNER. I was hoping NMS would be like this.

You know you can use a normal controller, right?

You can use normal movement.

DiggerNick

Donator
I have to ask myself why a person who historically has a problem with motion sickness in games went and bought hisself a VR system.