Nor Should She Apologize

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
Exclusive: Joan Rivers: I’m Not Apologizing for Heidi Klum Holocaust Joke
By Kathleen Perricone | omg! – 2 hours 27 minutes ago

Joan Rivers thinks everyone needs to lighten up.

When discussing Heidi Klum’s super-sexy Oscar night gown on E!’s “Fashion Police,” the 79-yearold joked, "The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the
ovens." Needless to say, the line was met with lots of jeers.

But Rivers refuses to say she’s sorry. During an interview with “omg! Insider” that airs on Friday
evening, Rivers balked when asked if she planned to apologize.

“Apologizing for what?” she exclaimed. “For what?! … Heidi didn't mind it. That's the joke, Heidi
Klum didn't mind it. We didn't mind it. So somebody else minded, you know, then don't watch
‘Fashion Police.’ Next.”

Rivers also explained that using the Holocaust in a joke, she’s raising awareness … even if that
particular joke wasn’t met with the reception she expected. “I make points with humor and you want
to talk about the Holocaust? That's how I talk about the Holocaust,” the former late-night host
added. “I remind people there was a Holocaust and someone should wake Mel Gibson up to watch
‘Fashion Police.’”

As for an omg! poll, in which 66 percent of readers voted that she had crossed the line this time,
well, the comedian has a message for them, too. “You live in the dark ages,” she continued. “Learn
what comedy's about, tell that Richard Pryor, tell that to Chris Rock, tell it to Louis C.K., go back to
Lenny Bruce. I'm very proud to be a part that group.”

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-ne...-joan-rivers-m-not-apologizing-234911836.html

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
well i used to think that you couldn't make jokes about the holocaust until i saw Kevin Neilon on Conan and he made a good joke about the holocaust, so i stood corrected.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
There are a handful of celebrities with cart blonch in terms of what they can. Joan is one of them.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
Holocaust jokes are not funny, anne frankly I'm tired of hearing them.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Good for her. I hebe she sticks to her guns, oven if there are consequences. Those bitching assholes should go fly a kike.

Sent from my phone, so there may be spelling errors.

Lamps.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
I did nazi this coming, jew guys are pretty funny!

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
If she does apologize, that will be no better than appeasement. We all know what happens when you appease someone with something small like an apology or Austria. Next thing you know, they will want something big, like the world.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
If she does apologize, that will be no better than appeasement. We all know what happens when you appease someone with something small like an apology or Austria. Next thing you know, they will want something big, like the world.
She needs to stand her ground and eventually the fuhrer will subside. Before long, everyone's concentration will shift to something else. Hopefully they don't hitler with a fine or something.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
When you have nothing anyone can take away from you, you don't apologize. Everyone else has to kowtow.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Not like she's wrong. Hugo Boss designed the nazi uniforms which is why they were such snappy dressers

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
it's funny because it's true.

Dec 12, 2007
I was with her till this point.

Rivers also explained that using the Holocaust in a joke, she’s raising awareness
People know what it is yah dumb whore. Only retards don't know what it fucking is and who gives a shit about them.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
I was with her till this point.

People know what it is yah dumb whore. Only retards don't know what it fucking is and who gives a shit about them.
Of course we know that, but it's her way of "justifying" the joke to appease humorless cunts.

Dec 12, 2007
Of course we know that, but it's her way of "justifying" the joke to appease humorless cunts.
I know. I take issue with the fact she tried to justify humor under the guise of educating the public. As a comedian she should know better and have left it off at I'm not apologizing.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I'm guessing the people offended by that joke were the same ones offended by Seth McFarlane's "Jews run Hollywood" bit with Ted at the Oscars. But Joan Rivers is Jewish, so the PC Police have already established that it's ok to tell an "offensive" joke or make an "offensive" comment about a race/religion/ethnicity if you're a member of that group, so they can't complain about this. If the people complaining were Germans, then they need to stop being such sissies. I'm German on my dad's side of the family and I don't get all pissy when people make jokes like that. There has to be a middle ground between slaughtering millions of people and being over-sensitive ninnies. And if the people complaining were neither Jewish nor German, then they need to shut up and mind their own fucking business.