OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

North Korea rocket appears to have broken up

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Apr 12, 2012.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/world/asia/north-korea-launch/index.html

2. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

My jaw dropped because I missed the word 'rocket' in the title.

3. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

'Tarded commie fucks.

4. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

This is the regime that President Obama wanted to open up more talks with.

This is the regime President Obama has given billions in aid to, because they promised that they weren't trying to build a nuke anymore.

Look, I'm not an isolationalist here. Under "normal" circumstances with totalitarian regimes, you don't close the door. You keep talking to them, and you fucking flood them with good old fashioned USA bullshit. You feed them the Kardashians, you feed them Survivor, you feed them Lost, you feed them Star Trek, etc., etc. You corrupt their regime from within with rock 'n roll. That's how I believe we should deal with Cuba.

North Korea ain't like that. That country is on lockdown. The regime has so much control that you can't squeeze American culture to them. This isn't like getting the old Soviet teenagers to start loving blue jeans and Western music. We simply can't get into North Korea, even if we "open" them up, to push our shit to them. The only way we can negotiate with them is when other parties that actually have a little leverage with them (ie- China) are at the table and on our side. Otherwise, isolate them, let the millions of North Koreans starve, and North Korea will eventually either get rid of the Kims or it'll open up on its own.

And slightly OT, but these tunnels are just funny to me for some reason.

5. Taint Stench

Taint Stench #shredding

Mad executions yo

6. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Fucking shitbags pissing away millions of dollars to pop off crappy failboat rockets in a backfired attempt to make their tiny dicks look bigger... all while their people are starving.

I fucking haaaaaate the fucksticks that run that country and I despise the asshole Chinese for creating the entire shit sump that is North Korea.

7. Creasy Bear

Donator

The Third Tunnel of Aggression

Reminds me of a crazy broad I used to bang when I lived in San Diego. Liked it hard in the keister she did.

8. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

What's that smell? Oh. Kirk is on the way.

9. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

is anyone surprised it fell apart? really? ever try to put an aftermarket chink fender on your car?
    fuck em, let them wave there little dicks around all they want

10. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

It'd almost be better off to just say you have the rockets and not show anyone, than to display incompetency at building them to the world.

11. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

I fell apart when I read that the rocket broke up.

12. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Amazing what you can build with slave labor...

13. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

Maybe it broke up because Yoko Ono was... oh fuck it.

14. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

Or Valerie Bertinelli

but that's just me

15. mills

One of these things...

Is that just the standard for how you ingratiate yourself around here these days?

Wait. I'll back up.

One of these things is not like the other.

What the fuck!? is it? Is it not a worthy CE post until you take a shot at Obama??

(thp since I know you're off your meds lately and might not pick it up, you should understand I quoted you to provide an example of the "sane" post)

16. Creasy Bear

Donator

What the fuck are you on about now?

17. mills

You do know what the phrase one of these things is not like the other means.

You're a bright boy. You'll figure it out.

18. Creasy Bear

Donator

I don't even give a shit about "figuring it out". Just post whatever you have to say about the topic in whatever thread you're posting in and stop whatever looney mission you're on to prove whatever looney point you're trying to make. I'm off my meds? Dude... you're like a crazy person with this shit.

It's exhausting. Stop it.

19. VMS

Actually, my comments are completely consistent if you care to actually engage your brain and think about what I said.

I am not an isolationalist. From the US perspective, mind you: I'm not trying to advise North Korea on how to run their country. My personal preference on international affairs is to open up with and trade heavily with countries the US doesn't typically get along with. Using my previous example of Cuba, the best way to get Cuba to install a government we would prefer would be to trade with Cuba, ship in gigatons of American crap and turn them into what they used to be: an American lapdog <100 miles from Miami.

Is also noted that strategy does not, could not, would not work with North Korea. North Korea is on lockdown. There are differing levels of totalitarian regimes, and North Korea is on the far end of crazy on any scale you care to name. It is as rigidly controlled a country as you can possibly imagine, and I'm giving your imagination a lot of credit, here.

With North Korea, we can't sell them blue jeans and rock 'n roll. The only thing the North Korean government will allow the border is food. And even then, if the food is in bags that say "donated by the US government", they'll turn the shit away from their borders.

Look, isolation is a suboptimal strategy. I know that. I'm aware of that. It's also the only strategy available to the US because of North Korea's juche policy. The other guy's strategy matters too, after all. And North Korea has effectively checkmate the most effective US tool in toppling crazy fucktard regimes: US pop culture.

North Korea's strategy has left the US with 3 main options:
    1.) Ignore and isolate North Korea.
    2.) Give North Korea lots of goodies, hoping against hope that North Korea will behave itself while North Korea proceeds to do whatever the fuck it wants.
    3.) Engage North Korea in multi-lateral talks with nations that do have some leverage over North Korea and carrot-and-stick them that way. The problem with this strategy is that there's very little carrot to offer North Korea that they'd be willing to take and the only stick you have to use against North Korea they'd pay any attention to is one that you don't want to use.

I am saying option #3 is the best available option. It's a shitty option, but it's the best available. I am criticizing President Obama for following option #2 for most of his presidency, being willing to engage North Korea in one-on-one talks where the only thing being negotiated is how many goodies the US would hand over to North Korea in return for North Korean lies that they're going to be good little boys and girls from now on.

It's not that complicated, Mills. If you're too stupid to figure that strategy tree out, maybe you shouldn't be playing in this yard.

20. mills

:icon_lol:

Perfect.

Like a cartoon character.

21. mills

Not as much, but also quite hilarious.

Your first paragraph in the post I was quoting was entirely about Obama.

Your second paragraph in the post I was quoting was entirely about Obama.

You're obsessed. But at least you're among friends Ricky. Most people who post in this forum are.

22. VMS

No.

My posts were entirely about Presient Obama's *handling of North Korea*. In a thread about, you know, North Korea and how the world is handling them, I think a discussion of how the President is handling North Korea has a place.

It's not like this is a thread about bubble gum and I went off on how President Obama's lips are the color of grape Bubble Yum. It's not like I tacked on a comment about President Obama's tax policy onto this thread about North Korea.

This is a thread about North Korea. I discusseed how the United States Of America, under President Barrack Obama, has been handling the North Korea question. Sinced that directly relates to North Korea acting like a petulant child, I don't think I was exactly straying into Off Topic territory there, Mills.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

23. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

You forgot option #4: Take off and nuke the entire country from orbit.

24. VMS

Well, I was trying to keep it in the realm of reality.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

25. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

It's only out of the realm of reality until NK decides to get stupid and cross the DMZ.