BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Like a body fighting an infection

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
It's burning through neighborhoods. I suppose anyone that lives here is susceptible but normally it doesn't get into areas outside of forest or wild land.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I'm gonna guess that CA wasn't supposed to have that many people living together so closely...

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I'm gonna guess that CA wasn't supposed to have that many people living together so closely...
It's one of the most rural areas of California. There's Redding and not much else around it. The problem isn't exactly the number of people, it's the type of people. They buy houses on the edge of forests, like the way the trees look, so support legislation banning logging and thinning. Then a forest fire rips through their neighborhood, and they look around for someone to blame. They want the area to look like it did 1000 years ago (minus their 3200 square foot home), but 1000 years ago fires regularly decimated these forests, because no one managed them.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
It's one of the most rural areas of California. There's Redding and not much else around it. The problem isn't exactly the number of people, it's the type of people. They buy houses on the edge of forests, like the way the trees look, so support legislation banning logging and thinning. Then a forest fire rips through their neighborhood, and they look around for someone to blame. They want the area to look like it did 1000 years ago (minus their 3200 square foot home), but 1000 years ago fires regularly decimated these forests, because no one managed them.
Aaaahhhh yep, “fighting” those fires is probably the dumbest thing to do. What should happen is the homes should be “fire proofed” or just not built at all, I saw a show one time on how a guy that lived in a fire prone area built his home in such a way that it was fire resistant, the first thing he did was cut the trees back

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
The problem is too much land management. They don't allow small brush fires to burn off old growth and debris, they get put it out immediately. Then it all accumulates until a really dry season and then you have an uncontrolled wildfire that burns three weeks. They actually need to spend more money, if they don't allow natural brush fires. They need to remove all the dead wood and brush and do some thinning and controlled burns when it isn't as dry. The Green assholes don't want any logging, though this would be a healthier solution to thin forest.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
The problem is too much land management. They don't allow small brush fires to burn off old growth and debris, they get put it out immediately. Then it all accumulates until a really dry season and then you have an uncontrolled wildfire that burns three weeks. They actually need to spend more money, if they don't allow natural brush fires. They need to remove all the dead wood and brush and do some thinning and controlled burns when it isn't as dry. The Green assholes don't want any logging, though this would be a healthier solution to thin forest.
Can't remove obscure animal habitat either. A few years ago they quit letting go people burn underbrush, didn't take long before the whole neighborhood burned down. Win!

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Southern California is burning pretty mightily now too. Last few days there's been all kinds of smoke in the air from one fire or another.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Evacuated Fairfield and Vacaville (east of San Fransisco) due to fire last night.

Chip Spackler

Donator
Jan 5, 2016
Hopefully only Trump supporters’ homes are getting torched. We all know they deserve it.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Redding, CA has lost over 1000 homes and you somehow derive pleasure from that fact. You are an idiot, I hope your home is destroyed completely post haste. Then I'll post a laughing emoji. I don't necessarily believe in karma, but if there was ever a situation that I'd like an example you've certainly provided one.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Hopefully only Trump supporters’ homes are getting torched. We all know they deserve it.
A few months back when one of the other fires was raging l was taking to a guy at my office who I'm for the most part politically aligned with. He had a friend in CA who was sending pics of the fires, as he lived in the area where it was happening. He was reporting back that a lot of the liberal leaning towns were getting destroyed while the more conservative towns were escaping the major damage. Of course, it was a simple explanation, the people in the more conservative places were working to protect their land and were fighting whichever fires they could while the libs were sitting on their asses waiting for the fire fighters to save them.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Northern California could just throw water on the ... Oh, right. It's all being piped south so 30 million people can live in a Desert.