Norton cunty about Bourdain

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
catching up on old shows, figured the interview would have gone better but since nobody watches his show or gives a shit about foreign cultures, then I suppose it should be pretty eh. But I noticed that even before he came in, Jimmy always seemed to have a negative vibe toward him. He never overtly stated it, it's just how I interpereted it. I may be wrong.

Then just now hearing Jimmy talking about how Bourdain didn't say hi to him on the plane.....maybe it's because he knows you don't really know or care about him, and he sees you as the boring radio guy who argued with him for 20 minutes about dumb shit.

Jimmy's attitude about the guy has always been kind of shitty for what seems to be no reason, and I'm not shocked that he's less than friendly toward him. Hopefully when he interviews him at Comic Con they can settle the weirdness and they treat him like an actual wanted guest next time he's in.

Dicktator

Frozen Meatbals 4life
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
Jimmy is as emotionally stable as a girl with daddy issues.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Bourdain tweeted Jim and apologized, JIM NEVER GOT BACK TO HIM, WHAT A BASTARD!

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
ahhh, I didn't know there was twitter correspondence. That's cool.

YourName34

Jul 7, 2005
Polly pissypants

Do you get it?

Do you get it now?

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
I just don't think that Jimmy sees the big hype around Bourdain. If you remember when his manager, Jonathan, was in there a few times ago he mentioned that Bourdain was his idol and Jimmy goes, "he's just a cook." It doesn't help matters that before the first Bourdain interview Opie was making fun of his new show and he did the same thing a few minutes after Bourdain left last time. If they could just learn to not badmouth the guests maybe their reputation amongst PR people would be better and Jonah Hill, Mark Whalberg, etc. wouldn't douche them over. I do hope they get along at Comic Con because it's nice to have Bourdain as a friend of the show.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
I guess that's why Ant likes him so much...
It's why we all do.

I just don't think that Jimmy sees the big hype around Bourdain. If you remember when his manager, Jonathan, was in there a few times ago he mentioned that Bourdain was his idol and Jimmy goes, "he's just a cook." It doesn't help matters that before the first Bourdain interview Opie was making fun of his new show and he did the same thing a few minutes after Bourdain left last time. If they could just learn to not badmouth the guests maybe their reputation amongst PR people would be better and Jonah Hill, Mark Whalberg, etc. wouldn't douche them over. I do hope they get along at Comic Con because it's nice to have Bourdain as a friend of the show.
This is just so done already. They have a bad reputation because they always fuck guests over. Then they try a short rehabilitation period and expect to get stars. Then they rage again.

Of course, if anyone, ever, tries to escape their own bad reputation, O&A are the first ones to call them out on it, but can not conceive of how it reflects on them.

They don't deserve good guests because they shit on people and do shitty interviews to smaller audience.

Balancedchaos

R.I.P. Patrice O'Neal
Mar 5, 2005
Jim has a very "ugly American" tendency to downplay anyone who's doing anything cultured or international. He refuses to leave the U.S. for a vacation because of his presuppositions, he has the musical tastes of a 12 year-old...of course Bourdain is "just a cook" to him. You get out of something what you put in. Jim brings little to the table at times, often out of simple refusal based on prejudices.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Jimmy is as emotionally stable as a girl with daddy issues.
Then why haven't I fucked him yet? I'm calling bullshit.

Jim has a very "ugly American" tendency to downplay anyone who's doing anything cultured or international. He refuses to leave the U.S. for a vacation because of his presuppositions, he has the musical tastes of a 12 year-old...of course Bourdain is "just a cook" to him. You get out of something what you put in. Jim brings little to the table at times, often out of simple refusal based on prejudices.
Jim seems like a child in so many ways it's laughable. He also seems to be extremely myopic in anything too outside of himself e.g. when a Seinfeld reference is brought up or some very well known Pearl Jam song. It's almost like he locked himself in a chamber at 12 with the things he liked and just emerged somewhere in '08 without having matured or changing in taste. How he manages to be funny while blocking out most things is beyond me.

chipper

New Wackbag
May 8, 2012
Also, Norton has a hard time uttering a single sentence without using the word "fuckin" even when it's totally out of place. Makes him sound as if he is unintelligent and posseses a very limited vocabulary. This was brought up on the show a few weeks ago when a friend of the show said it really bugs him when people do this. Can't remember who it was. Sorry Jimmy, saying fuckin in every sentence doesn't make you edgy.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Also, Norton has a hard time uttering a single sentence without using the word "fuckin" even when it's totally out of place. Makes him sound as if he is unintelligent and posseses a very limited vocabulary. This was brought up on the show a few weeks ago when a friend of the show said it really bugs him when people do this. Can't remember who it was. Sorry Jimmy, saying fuckin in every sentence doesn't make you edgy.
So fuckin' dead on.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley

That's why you think he says it, to be edgy?

Sounds like a complaint a cunt would have against a comedian at a comedy club

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
He doesn't say fuck to be edgy. That's what tranny cock's for.

CaffeeDiva

Feb 14, 2012
He's not trying to be edgy by doing that. It's just a (very common) verbal crutch.
How anyone could think it's anything other than this is beyond me. It's 6am, he speaks quickly, he swears a ton and his profession allows him to. There's no filter unless there absolutely needs to be.

Do you guys really think that anyone here is going to explain to Jim Norton that swearing is no longer edgy? The fact is, Jim doesn't notice because it means nothing to him. Do you think sailors had the most foul mouths because they were trying to shock and awe some cunts at a tavern or market?

The more I think of it the more absurd the idea becomes.

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
He definitely doesn't say it to be edgy and the only problem I have with Norton is the tranny bullshit. I don't find it funny and I find it disgusting to think about a GUY with tits. I just think that talk like this is holding him back from getting a mainstream show, even on FX. I remember on one of Bobby's podcasts, he mentioned that he was going to get his own show (Bobby) and had a meeting for it but they mentioned that he only had 40k twitter followers at the time so they decided he wasn't popular enough. If twitter followers can influence these shitheads then talking about blowing a guy can't help even though it's probably all made up.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
He definitely doesn't say it to be edgy and the only problem I have with Norton is the tranny bullshit. I don't find it funny and I find it disgusting to think about a GUY with tits. I just think that talk like this is holding him back from getting a mainstream show, even on FX. I remember on one of Bobby's podcasts, he mentioned that he was going to get his own show (Bobby) and had a meeting for it but they mentioned that he only had 40k twitter followers at the time so they decided he wasn't popular enough. If twitter followers can influence these shitheads then talking about blowing a guy can't help even though it's probably all made up.
Hope you skipped on his EPIX special.

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
Hope you skipped on his EPIX special.
I watched it and enjoyed it and would have liked it just the same if he didn't include the tranny. I don't care if he does that kind of humor, but seeing TOSH with a fucking show is infuriating when he isn't half as funny as Jimmy, in my opinion. I also wish Patrice sucked it up and kissed some ass a little because he deserved a show too, but that's neither here nor there.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
I watched it and enjoyed it and would have liked it just the same if he didn't include the tranny. I don't care if he does that kind of humor, but seeing TOSH with a fucking show is infuriating when he isn't half as funny as Jimmy, in my opinion. I also wish Patrice sucked it up and kissed some ass a little because he deserved a show too, but that's neither here nor there.
I'll be honest I think Tosh is just as funny as Jimmy. Also I enjoy Jimmy's standup but I think he is much funnier when he is just dicking around on the show.