Nosetradamus Thread: the 2008 Presidential Election

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Write what you think is going to happen. Your post will obviously be time-stamped, so bonus points go to whoever gets closest, earliest, to what actually happens in November. Minus points for waffling/changing your prediction.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
McCain is going to win over Obama, largely due to mobilization of white folks down south and in other areas where the thought of a black president is absolutely unthinkable.

McCain is going to win over Obama, largely due to mobilization of white folks down south and in other areas where the thought of a black president is absolutely unthinkable.
X2

Once again, the Democrats have taken a perceived sure thing victory and expected too much. Look out if this political party ever learns how to define the phrase "Small victory".

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
X2

Once again, the Democrats have taken a perceived sure thing victory and expected too much. Look out if this political party ever learns how to define the phrase "Small victory".
It's funny reading about the '72 election and reading about the Democratic dark horse candidate who came from nowhere, galvanized the Youth Vote and his campaign completely derailed after getting the nomination.

I also think McCain would have a much easier win over Hilary than he would over Obama.

VMS

Write what you think is going to happen. Your post will obviously be time-stamped, so bonus points go to whoever gets closest, earliest, to what actually happens in November. Minus points for waffling/changing your prediction.
I'll go first:

I am NOT going to predict the DNC primary. But I'll give you a few scenarios built off the possible outcomes:

1.) Obama effectively gets the nomination "early" (ie- Hillary drops out after Texas/Ohio). At that point, it becomes a two-man race, but it also means that Obama has to maintain his momentum/cult of personality for eight and a half months to the election. I think he loses steam, enough mud comes out about Obama that he loses some of his fervent base, and McCain pulls it out.

2.) Hillary effectively gets the nomination over the summer. Obama's fervent fanbase gets disillusioned, drops out of the process, and McCain rolls over the cankles.

3.) Hillary/Obama unify over the summer (June/July timeframe) with one or the other as the POTUS candidate and the other as the VP candidate. The most likely configuration is a Hillary/Obama ticket, but the most electable one would be an Obama/Hillary ticket. Hillary might bite the bullet and be the first woman VP, since losing the primary effectively dead-ends her political career where she stands (with all you fucking retarded New Yorkers voting for her...). Too close to call the election, IMO. Hillary's negatives cancel out Obama's charisma, and McCain is the only white man on the scene. Shit, he could have Condi as his running mate and still be the poster boy for the racist/misogynist crowd.

4.) Hillary/Obama gets the nomination at the convention. Dude, the convention is in LATE AUGUST. I'm fairly sure one or the other will drop out by this point, but if the process drags out until last August they're both going to be so bloody and fucked up that McCain will steamroll them.

5.) Obama gets the nomination "late", but not too late. Obama gets the nomination around June or July and manages his support well enough that they hit their stride around October. Obama crushes McCain in the election.

Edit: Ooops. Guess I wasn't first.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
Here is one of Nostradus' actual quatrains:

Au grand de Cheramonagora
Seront croisez par rangs tous attachez
Le Pertinax Oppi et Mandragora
Raugon d'Octobre le tiers seront laschez

Well, if my french is correct, I think "cheramonagara" means "cankles". "Seront" is "cunt", "attachez" is obvious - "attached". Ok, so we know the first two verses refer to Hillary. Now, the next line , "Oppi", is probably something close to "Obama". "Raugon d'Octobre" I think means some kind of forced sexual act at the end of October.

There you have it. Obama raypes Clinton and wins the election.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Here is one of Nostradus' actual quatrains:

Au grand de Cheramonagora
Seront croisez par rangs tous attachez
Le Pertinax Oppi et Mandragora
Raugon d'Octobre le tiers seront laschez

Well, if my french is correct, I think "cheramonagara" means "cankles". "Seront" is "cunt", "attachez" is obvious - "attached". Ok, so we know the first two verses refer to Hillary. Now, the next line , "Oppi", is probably something close to "Obama". "Raugon d'Octobre" I think means some kind of forced sexual act at the end of October.

There you have it. Obama raypes Clinton and wins the election.
:kjk:

:jump

I say Obama will beat McCain.
1. McCain cant debate for shit.
2. McCain will get a lot of support from the pro war guys, but that wont be enough.
3. This Obama enthusiasm will continue, actually gaining momentum towards the end.
4. Both will attract a record number new voters.
5. Mud will be slung by both camps, but both candidates will still not look too bad after.
6. This fight will come down to the younger voters agianst the older ones. The younger vote will be the thing to get him voted in, not the black one.

ps..the Jews will not support Obama, but it wont matter, they are only 4% of the population.

I say Obama will beat McCain.
1. McCain cant debate for shit.
2. McCain will get a lot of support from the pro war guys, but that wont be enough.
3. This Obama enthusiasm will continue, actually gaining momentum towards the end.
4. Both will attract a record number new voters.
5. Mud will be slung by both camps, but both candidates will still not look too bad after.
6. This fight will come down to the younger voters agianst the older ones. The younger vote will be the thing to get him voted in, not the black one.
Dude... My less intelligent racist white brothers will never allow this scenario to happen.

Edit: And Normally I'd think you already knew this, but you seem to get a little irrational when it comes to stuff like this so I'll spell it out for you:

I do not agree with them. I am not a racist. I'm just saying that, realistically, there are still too many unintelligent hood wearing cowards who will vote against Obama jsut because he's a black dude.

See, I vote against him because his policies are fucking naive and I think 90% of everything he says is horse-shit, but the fact that he's a black man honestly doesn't bother me one bit.

I too believe that Mcain will win, but the important factor here is who will he select for a VP? That person will be our next president....allegedly. I still have not seen anything that will convince me that the religious nuts that carry the elections will vote for Cankles or Obammmmer...I just don't see it. I also predict that Mcain will die in office before completion of his 3rd year in office so his VP can serve 10 years (part of a vast right wing conspiracy right?)

Dude... My less intelligent racist white brothers will never allow this scenario to happen.
That is the purpose of this thread I believe. We will have to come back when the time comes and see who is correct.

I have faith in your less intelligent red neck friends dude. :)

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Edit: And Normally I'd think you already knew this, but you seem to get a little irrational when it comes to stuff like this so I'll spell it out for you:

I do not agree with them. I am not a racist. I'm just saying that, realistically, there are still too many unintelligent hood wearing cowards who will vote against Obama jsut because he's a black dude.

See, I vote against him because his policies are fucking naive and I think 90% of everything he says is horse-shit, but the fact that he's a black man honestly doesn't bother me one bit.
The less intelligent racist sisters on Long Island (not redneck) will never allow it to happen either.

And I'm with VT - it's not him, it's his policies that bother me.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I agree. I wouldn't mind a black president. But, Obama terrifies me. And, it won't just be the "less smart' white folk that vote for McCain simply on race alone. Plenty of uppity, educated racists will do it also.

VMS

It's funny reading about the '72 election and reading about the Democratic dark horse candidate who came from nowhere, galvanized the Youth Vote and his campaign completely derailed after getting the nomination.
Obama has "McGovern" written across his forehead in glowing neon letters.

Maintaining momentum on a "movement" like his is incredibly difficult. It's easier that he's "moving" naive political newcomers, but that also makes their support both strong and fragile at the same time. Let a tiniest sliver of doubt crawl into their minds, and it's over Johnny.

I agree. I wouldn't mind a black president. But, Obama terrifies me. And, it won't just be the "less smart' white folk that vote for McCain simply on race alone. Plenty of uppity, educated racists will do it also.
:haha7:

Good point
Good point

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Anthony called it a long time ago... The Democratic party focused on "gimmick" candidates, and that just isn't gonna play out for the long-term...

BTW, I can pull all of the actual "prediction" posts out of this thread and spin them into a new thread to make it easier later on.

VMS

Condi is a black woman that I'd probably vote for. She'd probably need a couple of terms as a governor to season her, though. She was born in Alabama. I don't know where her official state of residency is (I think she was in California before becoming National Security Adviser), but a southern state would be a good strategic starting point, if she could get elected there. Shit, Louisiana elected a Republican Indian as governor. A high profile Republican black woman has a shot, right?

I'd consider Powell: he's actually a lot like McCain, but more to the center even than Johnny Mac. His problem is that he doesn't have all that much POLITICAL executive experience, since Americans like governors as their presidents, but generals are also good. Lower-ranked military men are more of a mixed bag. His wife won't back him, though.

Bobby Jindal (the governor of Louisiana mentioned above) is pretty electable as well. If things don't go the GOP's way this time around, look for him to run in 2012.

If things don't work for the DNC this time around, here's the current short list:
Phil Bredesen, Gov. of Tennessee.
Michael Beebe, Gov. of Arkansas.

That's about it. Because if things don't work for the DNC this time, I have to believe they'll finally figure out that they need to run Southern Governors, and run them HARD.

Then again, I thought they'd have had that figured out after the 2000 election, and they showed no sign of figuring that shit out.

Shit, they're professional politicians who can't figure out something that simple to get elected, and they want us to turn a WAR over to them?????

VMS

BTW, I can pull all of the actual "prediction" posts out of this thread and spin them into a new thread to make it easier later on.
Oooooooooooooo I made a bit that people like.
:icon_mrgr

I think that Obama will win the Democrat Party nomination over Hillary and run against McCain in the general election.

However, I think that McCain will win for a number of reasons. He will win partly because some of the supporters of Hillary will not vote for Barack because he's a black guy. Those democrats not voting for him because he's a black guy (older democrats/in the South).

McCain will also benefit from people switching over from Democrat support to Independent to support Ralph Nader. He will snatch a decent amount of percentage points in the election to aid McCain.

It will be a close race, but I feel that McCain will win for the reasons above.

Obama has "McGovern" written across his forehead in glowing neon letters.

Maintaining momentum on a "movement" like his is incredibly difficult. It's easier that he's "moving" naive political newcomers, but that also makes their support both strong and fragile at the same time. Let a tiniest sliver of doubt crawl into their minds, and it's over Johnny.

Especially with the attention span of todays youth, there is no way his "movement" will keep the momentum for 8 months.

Most will even forget to go out and vote.