Not Quite HTN: Third Grader Strip-Searched Over $20

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Mom Angry After 3rd Grader Strip-Searched Over $20

Clarinda Cox and her 10-year-old son Justin (KRAL)

9:12 a.m. PDT, June 20, 2012

CLINTON, NC -- A mother in North Carolina is upset with administrators at her son's school, after she says the 10-year-old was strip-searched.

Clarinda Cox says she came home from work on June 1 to find her son Justin waiting in the driveway, and that he was very upset.

Her third grade son says a girl had dropped money in the cafeteria, and he picked it up and gave it back to her.

But she later said someone had stolen her $20.

A spokesperson for Sampson County Schools says several students accused Justin of taking the money.

Cox says the assistant principal confronted her son about it.

"She told me to take my shoes off step-by-step," Justin explained to local station WRAL.

"She didn't ask me if she could. She told me, she says now I have to strip search you."

Justin had to take off everything but his undershirt and boxer shorts.

"And then she came up behind him and rubbed her fingers around inside of his underwear," his mother said.

"Now if that isn't excessively intrusive, I don't know what is."

A school spokeswoman said that a male janitor was brought in as a witness.

The assistant principal was within her legal authority to do the search, the spokeswoman said.

But she may have been overzealous in her actions, because she never found the $20 on Justin.

The boy says she hugged him afterward and told him she was sorry.

Cox says no one ever called her from the school to tell her about the strip search.

She says she can understand strip searches in certain scenarios, like drugs or weapons, but not for $20.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-third-grader-strip-searched,0,7844144.story
And why is a 10-year-old still only in the third grade? "whaa"

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Her third grade son says a girl had dropped money in the cafeteria, and he picked it up and gave it back to her.

But she later said someone had stolen her $20.
So was she missing the money? If he gave her the money
then why was he searched? I'm confused here.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
A school spokeswoman said that a male janitor was brought in as a witness.