Not receiving 202?

iNFaMousToM

O&A Hardcore Newbie Listener
Aug 16, 2005
Washington D.C.
Ok so basically I moved back to college in late August and am now living in an underground apartment. I had by boombox with xm hooked up in my room for the past 2 months and I just never got good reception of 202. I thought it was just cuz I had my blinds closed most of the time cuz I'm fucking my chick or because it was just at a bad angle with bushes outside. I did not care that much cuz I was studying my dick off and didn't have time. Now that school has settled down I want to catch up on O&A. I moved my unit to my kitchen ontop of the fridge and the receiver is aimed right at a window. It is receiving every other station perfectly fine but when I go to 202 it either says NO SIGNAL or the show listing etc. but it goes back to channel 1 after like 8 seconds. If it doesn't then I get woken up at 2 am by weird sounds that sound like ron and fez and sucking in helium.

I've always had less than stellar reception for O&A compared to all of the other stations but now it is just not coming in. Any ideas?

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I've never experienced reception on all but one station, I think it's either you get it or you dont.

Are you sure you dont have parental controls/block set on 202?

iNFaMousToM

Aug 16, 2005
Washington D.C.
lol positive. i was listening to it every day before i moved back to college...had the same service/unit for 3 years now

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ok so basically I moved back to college in late August and am now living in an underground apartment. I had by boombox with xm hooked up in my room for the past 2 months and I just never got good reception of 202. I thought it was just cuz I had my blinds closed most of the time cuz I'm fucking my chick or because it was just at a bad angle with bushes outside. I did not care that much cuz I was studying my dick off and didn't have time. Now that school has settled down I want to catch up on O&A. I moved my unit to my kitchen ontop of the fridge and the receiver is aimed right at a window. It is receiving every other station perfectly fine but when I go to 202 it either says NO SIGNAL or the show listing etc. but it goes back to channel 1 after like 8 seconds. If it doesn't then I get woken up at 2 am by weird sounds that sound like ron and fez and sucking in helium.

I've always had less than stellar reception for O&A compared to all of the other stations but now it is just not coming in. Any ideas?
Hit menu and go to antenna aiming...try fudging around with it and the antenna
see if it helps (more black squares...more gooder...stick it out a window and see if that helps... facing southern skywards

iNFaMousToM

Aug 16, 2005
Washington D.C.
Hit menu and go to antenna aiming...try fudging around with it and the antenna
see if it helps (more black squares...more gooder...stick it out a window and see if that helps... facing southern skywards

ill try the antenna aiming thing after i get home from classes tonight, thx.

ive been thinking about the southern skyways thing because of most satellite tv stuff, not sure if xm was the same way but yeh, the way my apartment is, there are no windows facing south, just north west and north east lol

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
I have a the delphi boombox, and it doesn't like ANYTHING being in the way of the antenna when it's on 202. Other stations come in fine. If the microwave is running, I don't get 202. I have a Skyfy2 I use at work, inside a metal building and I NEVER lose 202. My boss has a Jensen(or some of brand shit) reciever and he can't get signal in the building very well, on any channel.

There are lots of factors that must be addressed.
I agree with Hudson though, Southern Skys is were the antenna should aim

WeToYou

I am fucking pointless.
Jan 18, 2006
Do you have anything above 202, or is your reception bad with anything around 202? If so, your reception is so bad you're not receiving the higher numbers, and you should first:

- Get a new receiver from XM.
- Find a way to get a better signal.

iNFaMousToM

Aug 16, 2005
Washington D.C.
Do you have anything above 202, or is your reception bad with anything around 202? If so, your reception is so bad you're not receiving the higher numbers, and you should first:

- Get a new receiver from XM.
- Find a way to get a better signal.
It's pretty much JUST 202

So yeh, I'm a college student who ummm uses his money for food and liquid and shelter and stuff...Would XM send a new receiver for free?

WeToYou

I am fucking pointless.
Jan 18, 2006
Yeah, they'll send you one for free...shit, they've sent me 3. Just be like "Erm...it's broken", and then they're cool with it.
But, If it is just 202...I don't know if it's the receiver that's the problem.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Do you have a SKYFi? Turn it off. Then press these buttons, in this order, one at a time: 2, 0, 7, (XM). The unit should turn on itself. Press DISPLAY until you see a screen that has a bunch of numbers, one of which is BER%. Take the antenna off the boombox and move it to a south facing window and keep fucking with it until the BER numbers are as low as possible. Make sure 202 is on when you do this because 202 and the music channels come from different satellite transponders.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Do you have a SKYFi? Turn it off. Then press these buttons, in this order, one at a time: 2, 0, 7, (XM). The unit should turn on itself. Press DISPLAY until you see a screen that has a bunch of numbers, one of which is BER%. Take the antenna off the boombox and move it to a south facing window and keep fucking with it until the BER numbers are as low as possible. Make sure 202 is on when you do this because 202 and the music channels come from different satellite transponders.
where did you learn that? 411?