(not sure if this was posted) florida radio station backs dj against racism charges.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
http://radio.about.com/d
and
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-vbigjohn0107jun01,0,6404424.story
audio-
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-bigjohnmp31053107,0,908479.mp3file

more audio from station-
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-bigjohnmp31053107,0,908479.mp3file

A local AM radio station says the NAACP owes its controversial talk-show host an apology.

The request hit the airwaves Thursday, after the civil-rights group called radio host Big John racist because he compared a black Daytona Beach commissioner to a monkey.

The name-calling, animal-comparing, apology-demanding spat between the radio station and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has raised the specter of disgraced radio host Don Imus and brought calls for the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to referee.

"In our society, to label someone a racist is serious business," Doug Wilhite, the station's president, said in a statement that aired on 1380 AM (WELE). "It should be reserved for the Imuses of the world who truly have a racist mind-set."

Wilhite has since called on Cynthia Slater, president of the NAACP's Volusia County-Daytona Beach branch, to apologize.

That's not going to happen, she said.

"I have nothing to apologize for," she said. "Let Big John call me."

John's not apologizing either.

"I don't say I'm sorry unless I really mean it. And I'm not sorry," John said. "I didn't say anything wrong."

In fact, he said Thursday, "I'm getting confused with all these apologies."

The only person who has apologized is Wilhite. He did so in a statement Wednesday, after the NAACP told the media that it wants John fired.

The former Volusia County Council member has been in trouble with the NAACP since last Friday, when he told listeners why he doesn't think Dwayne Taylor, a Daytona Beach city commissioner, should be elected mayor.

"The higher the monkey climbs, the better you can see its . . . ," John said. "And we'd really see Dwayne's butt if he got to be mayor."

Taylor said African-Americans have long endured negative comparisons to monkeys and apes throughout history.

"Whether you thought it was offensive or not, it was offensive to someone," Taylor said. "That alone should make you want to apologize."

But racism never crossed John's mind, the radio host said Thursday. He was mocking Taylor's competency, he said, not his color.

"Then say, 'He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.' Say, 'He's six short of a half a dozen.' There's plenty of metaphors to use," Taylor said.

Taylor hasn't talked to John and doesn't want an apology from him because he doesn't think it would be sincere.

Now, with fingers pointing and tensions mounting, the two sides are expected to meet sometime soon, so long as Jackson is willing to moderate, John said.

No word on whether Jackson will make it.

But Sharpton -- the other civil-rights leader the station called on to "bring peace" with the black community -- isn't coming. At least not anytime soon, his spokeswoman said.

Still, Slater and Taylor said, the fight is "far from over."

Tanya Caldwell can be reached at 386-851-7910 or tcaldwell@orlandosentinel.com.
The first photo ran in other editions.

i would like to think that the o&a backlash helpd this station get its balls. i will try contacting them for comments and an interview with htg.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
well son of a bitch... someone with a set of balls.....I have renewed faith in the world i live.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Hey, how about some links to email the radio station so we can voice our support?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
"In our society, to label someone a racist is serious business," Doug Wilhite, the station's president, said in a statement that aired on 1380 AM (WELE). "It should be reserved for the Imuses of the world who truly have a racist mind-set."
Fuck that fucking fucker right in his fucking fuckhole.

Valk

Spreading the Virus on NJ GSP 91 to 148
If theres anyone out there we should support, here they are :clap:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
"I don't say I'm sorry unless I really mean it. And I'm not sorry," John said. "I didn't say anything wrong."
They earned my support.

And then lost it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
last time i checked human beings were part of the same family of animals that include all great apes: gorillas, chimpanzees and orangutans.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
"It should be reserved for the Imuses of the world who truly have a racist mind-set."
How fucking stupid are people that they cannot think for themselves?

For the last time...

IMUS DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Holy fuck do we live with a bunch of mentally retarded simian automatons.

Plunkies

It wasn't even mildly racist. At best it was sexist. Also accurate. Fucking ugly ass, ball dribbling, cunts...