Notre Dame Cathedral is burning to the ground right now in Paris..

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Anything made out of wood in there has got to be old and dried out big time.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The semi-official line so far is that the fire is a result of the renovations. Watching it live now and they're saying the roof might be ready to collapse.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
The semi-official line so far is that the fire is a result of the renovations. Watching it live now and they're saying the roof might be ready to collapse.
But that doesn't let me get angry at brown people or people who disagree with me ideologically. :(

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
But that doesn't let me get angry at brown people or people who disagree with me ideologically. :(
Well, on the one hand, not every event is necessarily an opportunity to spew pathetically one-sided political vitriol. On the other hand, fucking arabs probably did this, maaaaaaaaaaaaan!

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Well, on the one hand, not every event is necessarily an opportunity to spew pathetically one-sided political vitriol. On the other hand, fucking arabs probably did this, maaaaaaaaaaaaan!
I blame the overseer of the renovations. Building Inspector Clouseau.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
At least the Allah akbars are all having a good laugh.

One of the workers is claiming it was deliberate...but I don't see anything further on that. If it was, I'd go with an akbar...since the Saint Sulpice was an anti-Christian attack.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Yeah, they were doing a lot of work on it so I'd bet it was accidental.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It was a Greek terrorist, in revenge for the damage done by the visigoths.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
It was a Greek terrorist, in revenge for the damage done by the visigoths.
A very, very patient Greek family who has handed this decree down from many generations and finally today was the day to act.

But my money is still on the sandaboos

domelogic

It may cost a bit more to renovate now.

Paris emergency services said they were trying to salvage the artwork stored in the cathedral.

Wonder what pieces or art is/was there. The bronze statues were removed last week for renovation, so they have thatgoing for them.