Notre Dame Cathedral is burning to the ground right now in Paris..

Queen_Bona

I’m still going with chain smoking Frenchman.
Was my first thought when I've heard the thing's burning. Some dumbass worker smoking up on the scaffolding and dropping a ciggie butt on something flammable.

It's a damn shame, but blaming entire religions for it (whichever it may be) is stupid.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Here comes all the "Notre Dame miracle!" drivel that'll be shitting up the bookface for a week.

Here comes all the "Notre Dame miracle!" drivel that'll be shitting up the bookface for a week.
Some gay person walked into the church and their sin caught on fire. Thankfully, god put the flames out with his infinite mercy.

Sounds like a miracle to me, heathen.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Same here. Especially if it's destroyed intentionally. I mean, that building survived countless wars, including Nazi occupation in WW2 and also in WW1. Imagine it being destroyed over a renovation mishap or set on fire because of the muzzie invasion in Europe? And ISIS has not only wiped out Christians in the middle east but have also destroyed historical artifacts that are cherished in western civilizations.
It survived two world wars because durning WW1 the lines were no where near Paris, and during WW2 the French surrendered without a fight, and the Nazis appreciation for art.
I’m going to believe the official narrative that it was started by “accident” durning renovations, but, I’m also going to place bets on the “workmen” all being brown, and not giving a shit about preventing it, spreading or, bothering to put it out.
I’ve worked in historical structures, the number one thing that is stressed is safety, I find it odd that if someone was using fire inside that structure there wasn’t an over paid mook standing over their shoulder holding a fire extinguisher.

THE FEZ MAN

Do you think it was insured?

Even with a $250,000,000 deductible the settlement check would be a doozy.
Possibly enough to cover a few hundred million in kiddy diddling settlements? Possibly Jewish lighting?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Are people done posting that weird video of a video yet showing an Osama bin Laden lookalike sneaking around the bell tower while it burns?

@TipsyPianoBar: No workers onsite. Who tf is this?

THE FEZ MAN

Lots of Europeans are shitting themselves over this.

Radical atheists say it's God's punishment for the pedophilia (the cognitive dissonance tickles my brain). The right wing Catholics say it's symbolic of Christianity dying in Europe (I mean it WAS being renovated, so what the fuck?).

I dunno. It's a building on fire. It sucks, because it was valuable for our culture, but still. I don't see it as the end of the world.
They keep saying 13, million tourists a year, that’s a lot of money to lose / gain because you know damn well there’s going to be a “donations for repair” bucket out front

Creasy Bear

Donator
They keep saying 13, million tourists a year, that’s a lot of money to lose / gain because you know damn well there’s going to be a “donations for repair” bucket out front
The waiting list to tour that thing was months long. We booked it like half a year ahead, and we only did the tower. I never saw a glimpse of the inside. That was a whole other tour, and a whole other waiting list.

THE FEZ MAN

The waiting list to tour that thing was months long. We booked it like half a year ahead, and we only did the tower. I never saw a glimpse of the inside. That was a whole other tour, and a whole other waiting list.
And how much did it cost? €50 + a head? Smart asses like us love to tease the Jews about money, but the Catholic Church beats the Jews hands down when it comes to money grubbing

Creasy Bear

Donator
And how much did it cost? €50 + a head? Smart asses like us love to tease the Jews about money, but the Catholic Church beats the Jews hands down when it comes to money grubbing
It cost a mere bag of shells. I have no idea. My gynecologist takes care of all that stuff. I don't sully my supple fancy boy hands touching dirty money.

When they rebuild it, it's going to be "George Washington's ax" It'll have had two new heads, and three new handles, but it's George Washington's ax.

I went to the summer palace in St. Petersburg (that's in Russia, not Florida, you philistines), and it's pretty fancy schmancy.

And then you realize that it's about a complete fugazi. The Nazis(they did nothing wrong) kicked 20 shades of shit out of it, and what you're looking at is just a clever reproduction of the original.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Jesus needs lots of money.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I visited the cathedral back in 1994 and I'm pretty sure we just walked in. Maybe a "prayer bucket" to toss a few francs in. No reservations or anything.

Creasy Bear

Donator
I visited the cathedral back in 1994 and I'm pretty sure we just walked in. Maybe a "prayer bucket" to toss a few francs in. No reservations or anything.
It's a brave new world. Muh'fuckas wanna get paid.

I strolled along the walls of Dubrovnik right before Game of Thrones happened. Now they charge 10 bucks for the privilege.

TheLoon

If only the Catholic Church had the money to replace it exactly as it was April 14th.

It's a shame a great piece of architecture burned. Big picture? The fuck does it matter when it'll be repaired exactly as it was yesterday?
Yeah it'll be exactly the same rebuilt with 2×4s and particle board

TheLoon

Was my first thought when I've heard the thing's burning. Some dumbass worker smoking up on the scaffolding and dropping a ciggie butt on something flammable.

It's a damn shame, but blaming entire religions for it (whichever it may be) is stupid.
Fool me 1265 times