Novembeard

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Anyone participate in Novembeard AKA No Shave November?

I figured there were a few other Beardos on this board.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
I can't last more than a week without shaving.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Even though I didn't know this thing didn't exist until two minutes ago, I have actually been growing a beard (minus the moustache) for the first time. Its actually coming in a lot better than I thought it would.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I will be growing a beard for the winter, just like the last couple years, but I don't want to be associated with any portmanteau-titled effort.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I was going to, but I shaved on Monday. My beard was driving me nuts!! i talked my friends into doing it, then tapped out.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Nigga please. Mustache march!

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I was going to, but I shaved on Monday. My beard was driving me nuts!! i talked my friends into doing it, then tapped out.
This. I can't seem to get past the itchiness period to commit to it. I tried last year and was shocked to see I actually had grey hairs coming in and I'm not going to be one of those guys that dyes his beard. I've still got a sweet boyish face and it just looks weird on me.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I can't grow just a mustache, I look ridiculous. Plus I don't like raising money or awareness for things.

I tried last year and was shocked to see I actually had grey hairs coming in and I'm not going to be one of those guys that dyes his beard.
I've got plenty of gray hair on my head but none in my beard so far. I have found some random red ones in there a few times though. Weird.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I think the last time I shaved mine completely was around 2007. Later that year I got in a pretty big fight with a few Samoans while I was working as a bouncer, and my upper lip had some type of blemish (it looked red/inflamed) for the longest time after that, so I never considered shaving it afterwards.

About two years ago I went for the "rugged" look and stopped shaving with a blade completely... I would just trim my sideburns and beard once a week or so. Had to start shaving again a few months ago when I started looking for different employment.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

Myhairygrundle

Jul 16, 2005
Texas
This. I can't seem to get past the itchiness period to commit to it. I tried last year and was shocked to see I actually had grey hairs coming in and I'm not going to be one of those guys that dyes his beard. I've still got a sweet boyish face and it just looks weird on me.
Dude, you just have to get past that point. Once you get out of the itchy stage, it's smooth sailing. Plus, a bearded man looks like he knows how to take care of shit.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Dude, you just have to get past that point. Once you get out of the itchy stage, it's smooth sailing. Plus, a bearded man looks like he knows how to take care of shit.
Except shaving.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I'm not going to lie, I almost didn't make it through the itchiness period as well. But I think what help was that I had a job interview during the middle of it and I trimmed up the growth a bit. Since then its been like you said smooth sailing.

Although now I'm in the "constantly have to the rub the beard like I'm contemplating a thought" phase.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Anyone participate in Novembeard AKA No Shave November?

I figured there were a few other Beardos on this board.

So you're a hipster. Cool.

I generally have a beard, and trim it every couple of weeks, but I don't consciously try to do anything for it. My beard also has a red tint most of the time and apparently looks very "Jewy."

Myhairygrundle

Jul 16, 2005
Texas
So you're a hipster. Cool.

I generally have a beard, and trim it every couple of weeks, but I don't consciously try to do anything for it. My beard also has a red tint most of the time and apparently looks very "Jewy."
I this is a hipster thing, I'm out. My crew has been doing this before hipsters existed. We also do the St Pat's beard starting clean shaven on New Years and growing until march.

Hipsters will not ruin beards, dammit!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I this is a hipster thing, I'm out. My crew has been doing this before hipsters existed. We also do the St Pat's beard starting clean shaven on New Years and growing until march.

Hipsters will not ruin beards, dammit!
It's community "weirdness." It has a name. If it wasn't hipster before, it most certainly is hipster now.

Myhairygrundle

Jul 16, 2005
Texas
It's community "weirdness." It has a name. If it wasn't hipster before, it most certainly is hipster now.
Well that just sucks. Guess it's back to parachute pants and Coca Cola shirts for this guy.

Fucking asshole hipsters ruining everything.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Well that just sucks. Guess it's back to parachute pants and Coca Cola shirts for this guy.

Fucking asshole hipsters ruining everything.
Fine, if you don't believe me, then we can ask the opinion of the other posters here.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I wouldn't consider growing a beard a "hipster" thing to do. Don't let them take this away from you.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I wouldn't consider growing a beard a "hipster" thing to do. Don't let them take this away from you.
Growing a beard in and of itself is not a hipster thing to do. Participating in Novembeard is.

It's like a mustache. Some people wear a mustache and it just works for them while other people wear mustache because they want to draw attention to it.