Now that the Opie and Anthony and Ron and Fez lineup is done, what's everyone listening to?

evan152

Nov 4, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
The pairing of these two shows (that started 15 years ago) was probably the best line up in radio and now it's over, so what's everybody going to listen to now?

Does anyone know of a show that's on terrestrial, satellite or online that would be a suitable replacement?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Same thing I've been listening to for the past five years, rockin' tunes

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
I'm a free agent. Probably nothing that I'll be as interested in. I still have podcasts that I'm interested in.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to the freedom of not feeling like I have to listen or I'll miss the moment Fez killed himself on air. I'll miss it eventually, but for now it's a relief.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm a free agent. Probably nothing that I'll be as interested in. I still have podcasts that I'm interested in.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to the freedom of not feeling like I have to listen or I'll miss the moment Fez killed himself on air. I'll miss it eventually, but for now it's a relief.
Podcasts seem to be the answer. Free, less of a time commitment, less investment in the hosts, a lot more variety, less repetitiveness, and a sense that they're enjoying doing what they're doing.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Never was a big Ron & Fez fan so I can't speak to them breaking up. As for O&A, my current listening schedule started around a year or two before the show ended. I listen to the first hour or so as I get ready for work and then when I drive to work I listen to music or podcasts (most of them sports based so I doubt its much of a fit, with the exception maybe of Sam's wrestling podcast).

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
too lazzy to turn the channel what ever is on XM 202

JeremyRando

Apr 1, 2014
The reverend Bob Levy's podcast is good. He has two other guys, Joe Conte and John Kietsel, who are good but the production value is sub par. I would love if he, Eastside Dave and Anthony did a show together...kicked off sirius.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
My new hobby is remastering old O&A shows in Dolby Digital Surround. Every time someone says the word "chip", I'll edit in a "wassat?", and uncomfortable moments will be accompanied by eggshell foley work. I've quit my job and I'll be dedicating ten hours a day to this.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
My new hobby is remastering old O&A shows in Dolby Digital Surround. Every time someone says the word "chip", I'll edit in a "wassat?", and uncomfortable moments will be accompanied by eggshell foley work. I've quit my job and I'll be dedicating ten hours a day to this.
Can I help? I have the perfect eye dropper for a "tears hitting the console" effect.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
Can I help? I have the perfect eye dropper for a "tears hitting the console" effect.
Okay, but I'm a thorough, precise man. We're going to need to fill the dropper with menstrual fluid. Tears don't sound like tears over the radio, and regular blood is too heavy. Menstrual blood really gives crying that "oomph!"

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Okay, but I'm a thorough, precise man. We're going to need to fill the dropper with menstrual fluid. Tears don't sound like tears over the radio, and regular blood is too heavy. Menstrual blood really gives crying that "oomph!"
And that's how you executive produce!

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Of course. I've read that only the shells of rare, nearly extinct turtles sound like Greggshells over the radio. As long as you're up to these exacting standards, I'm in.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Is the Flintstones tiptoe effect the one you're using for Greggshells?

Ditto97

Professor of White Male Studies
Mar 8, 2015
Comedy Central Radio and RawDog have been pretty much my mainstays since the summer.

Ditto97

Professor of White Male Studies
Mar 8, 2015
Adding the inappropriate bell during the race talk must be a bitch.

louthree

Aug 4, 2003
Jersey
I've gone back to the Darkside, and listen to Howard 101 when they're playing tapes from the 80's and 90's.

Ziti Lo Mein

Aug 12, 2008
Connecticut
Old O&A shows. Now I can play the "lets look for the tiny slights that hint at their relationship" game! That one off remark, that one sigh in the background, it has a new meaning now.

I also have a backlog of old old shows I have acquired through the years. I just need voices to occupy the time I spend working infront of a computer.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
I got into Pepper Hick's High Society Radio podcast last year and am now listening to the older episodes from years past.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Audio books, I will still check out the recommended shows like yesterdays O&J for times when I know a book doesn't have my complete focus. In other words I am putting them on as background noise.

Still hopeful that Bengton will be listenable, at this point I will probably let my annual TACS sub expire. Will reconsider if there are some changes, but somehow I just don't expect the NYC studio to change things much. My best hold out of hope for TACS is some collaboration with Ronnie B.

This is how sad TACS has gotten, here is the O&J show on Monday:

Who did Ant have on Monday as a special guest on the phone? Lady Di, where he had the same conversation with her that he has had DOZENS of times over the last few years. *sigh

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
O and J until it get's too annoying, TACS until it's too annoying, old episodes of o and a and a shit ton of podcasts.

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
I've gone back to the Darkside, and listen to Howard 101 when they're playing tapes from the 80's and 90's.
I was doing the same before canceling. Best thing on satellite now.

So far this week I finally listened to the Ari Shaffir Legion of Skanks and the Davey Mac Sports Program.

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
Audio books, I will still check out the recommended shows like yesterdays O&J for times when I know a book doesn't have my complete focus. In other words I am putting them on as background noise.

Still hopeful that Bengton will be listenable, at this point I will probably let my annual TACS sub expire. Will reconsider if there are some changes, but somehow I just don't expect the NYC studio to change things much. My best hold out of hope for TACS is some collaboration with Ronnie B.

This is how sad TACS has gotten, here is the O&J show on Monday:

Who did Ant have on Monday as a special guest on the phone? Lady Di, where he had the same conversation with her that he has had DOZENS of times over the last few years. *sigh
good dig. ant needs good comic guests for me to listen and sadly thats like less than 10% of his shows.

but man to sit down and listen (with out any breaks or FFWD) to a show with Opie, bob saget, cant remember blue collar guy, vic henley (is that him on left?), and jim florentine id have to be heavily compensated. minimum 200$ per half hour but i can be bought off cheap and have no pride.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
good dig. ant needs good comic guests for me to listen and sadly thats like less than 10% of his shows.

but man to sit down and listen (with out any breaks or FFWD) to a show with Opie, bob saget, cant remember blue collar guy, vic henley (is that him on left?), and jim florentine id have to be heavily compensated. minimum 200$ per half hour but i can be bought off cheap and have no pride.
go drunk Your home?