Now This Excuse Stunt Is Just Sad... Even For A President

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Bush Treated for Lyme Disease Last Year
President Bush was treated for Lyme disease last August, the White House announced Wednesday after failing to disclose the problem for nearly a year.

The treatment was revealed only when the White House made public all the results of Bush's annual physical exam on Wednesday. It showed up in the "past medical history" section and in the summary along with other skin conditions.

Bush was treated for what his doctors described as "early, localized Lyme disease" after developing the characteristic bullseye rash.

Lyme disease is a tick-borne infection that, if left untreated, can cause arthritis and other problems. Symptoms can include lethargy, joint pain, fever, limping and loss of appetite. A bacterial disease, it can be eradicated with antibiotic treatment in the early stages, but can become more complicated to treat if not caught early.
Full Story: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bush-t...r/20070809064009990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
An excuse for not eating Mrs. Bushes home cooked meals. Huddla huddla.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
An excuse to gain sympathy from the dumb masses...I have no problem with people who really have it...but Come On! don't you think it is a bit convenient?

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
An excuse to gain sympathy from the dumb masses...I have no problem with people who really have it...but Come On! don't you think it is a bit convenient?
Um no. He just had his physical and they release the previous years medical history. Every president has done it since Eisenhower, every year.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I can understand cynicism. But c'mon. Has BDS gotten so pervasive that you can't even believe his doctors over minor things?

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Seeing as this was something he had like, a YEAR ago, and the line coming out of the White House is "The president did have lyme disease, but it was treated and he's fine now", not "People of America, please pray for your ailing President", no, I don't think it's being done to gain sympathy.

The Bush White House doesn't give a shit whether they're hated or sympathized with. That's both an asset and a weakness of theirs.

I will say this "Bush Derangement Syndrome" shit is, to paraphrase Opie, "beyond annoying". Not everything that comes out of the White House needs to be relentlessly dissected and criticized. Despite what YOU might think, the man really isn't the fucking Anti-Christ.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Any chance of it being a fatal form of Lyme Disease?

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
You're right, he isn't the Anti-Christ, the Anti-Christ is intelligent and GWB is borderline retard on the IQ scale
This tired old bullshit again. It's about as original and amusing as Bill Clinton "bubba" references or blowjob jokes. It wasn't really funny back then, it was all hack, and this stuff is basically the same now.

I fucking detest nonsense like this, and here's why: I don't even much like Bush, but some people are just such ASSES about this shit, I'm put in the regretable position where I feel I have to defend him. I'm actually going through the same thing with Hillary Clinton, who I honestly can't stand, but the rest of the Democrat nominees for President (especially Obama & Edwards) are so disturbingly awful that I have to support Hillary by default.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
This tired old bullshit again. It's about as original and amusing as Bill Clinton "bubba" references or blowjob jokes. It wasn't really funny back then, it was all hack, and this stuff is basically the same now.

I fucking detest nonsense like this, and here's why: I don't even much like Bush, but some people are just such ASSES about this shit, I'm put in the regretable position where I feel I have to defend him. I'm actually going through the same thing with Hillary Clinton, who I honestly can't stand, but the rest of the Democrat nominees for President (especially Obama & Edwards) are so disturbingly awful that I have to support Hillary by default.
Call us asses if you want, but Bush is still dumb as dirt. :action-sm

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I'll admit it, I voted for the chump, hell I was invited to one of the inaugural balls.....

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.

Why don't you enlighten us on how intelligent he is?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
forever how much i truly despise bush as a president, i really don't think that his medical history is any of my business, i under stand that some people feel its important but i don't. even though he is the leader of the free world he is still just a man, and does deserve a bit of personal privacy

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
forever how much i truly despise bush as a president, i really don't think that his medical history is any of my business, i under stand that some people feel its important but i don't. even though he is the leader of the free world he is still just a man, and does deserve a bit of personal privacy

only that it could affect how he runs this country, presuming you think he is a one man show. if you have someone that is this important to a country, i think the people should know if he has a clean bill of health but not every little detail about his health. well it really doesnt matter what you or i think our government is going to do whatever it wants anyway

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
only that it could affect how he runs this country, presuming you think he is a one man show. if you have someone that is this important to a country, i think the people should know if he has a clean bill of health but not every little detail about his health. well it really doesnt matter what you or i think our government is going to do whatever it wants anyway
eh, tricky dick is running the country any way

Vyce

Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Yes, I'm sure you are much more intelligent than a person with an MBA from Harvard and a BA from Yale. :action-sm

Now please read this:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Trash his policies all you want but stop using the Strawman.
I'm surprised that so many people still believed that bullshit. And it really is bullshit, because while someone like Bill Clinton is quite intelligent (Rhodes Scholar and all), Jimmy Carter is stupid to the point of being offensive.

But hey, I guess much like with Memogate, many liberals don't really care about facts, so long as the lie fits in with what they WANT to believe about Bush.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I don't think any presidents are stupid. They can be naive, they can be manipulative, but I don't think any are / were stupid.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
You're right, he isn't the Anti-Christ, the Anti-Christ is intelligent and GWB is borderline retard on the IQ scale
Do many retards earn bachelor’s degrees in history from Yale University, fly F-102s, earn a Masters in Business from Harvard, organize a group to purchase a major league baseball team or twice be elected governor of one of the country's largest states?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Chosen by Admiral Hyman Rickover for the nuclear submarine program, he was assigned to Schenectady, N.Y., where he took graduate work at Union College in reactor technology and nuclear physics, and served as senior officer of the pre-commissioning crew of the Seawolf, the second nuclear submarine.
Jimmy Carter