Nude Buttocks May Cost ABC $1.4 Million

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
It's My Birthday!
Bwahaha! The world is going mad!

http://www6.comcast.net/tv/articles/2008/01/26/NYPD.Blue.FCC/
WASHINGTON — The Federal Communications Commission has proposed a $1.4 million fine against 52 ABC Television Network stations over a 2003 broadcast of cop drama NYPD Blue.

The fine is for a scene where a boy surprises a woman as she prepares to take a shower. The scene depicted "multiple, close-up views" of the woman's "nude buttocks" according to an agency order issued late Friday.

ABC is owned by the Walt Disney Co. The fines were issued against 52 stations either owned by or affiliated with the network.

FCC's definition of indecent content requires that the broadcast "depicts or describes sexual or excretory activities" in a "patently offensive way" and is aired between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

The agency said the show was indecent because "it depicts sexual organs and excretory organs — specifically an adult woman's buttocks."

The agency rejected the network's argument that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ."
Will someone fight these people?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
"The agency rejected the network's argument that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ."

So the agency voted ass man in the poll?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Uggghhhh. I need to hit the lottery so I can just go buy a nice
private island somewhere and leave this shithole country.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
FCC's definition of indecent content requires that the broadcast "depicts or describes sexual or excretory activities" in a "patently offensive way" and is aired between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
ok so why is this one instance being targeted? NYPD Blue showed bare ass all the time...and how can it fall into this criteria if NYPD always began at 10 p.m.

I agree.

It's just sad we allow this to happen, is there that many bible-thumpers out there?
It's not only the bible thumpers. Someone may have had a beef with ABC about something completely unrelated and just sent in a complaint to get back at them. I actually knew a guy whose girlfriend would send emails to the FCC all the time because she didn't want him listening to Howard, and she was hardly a bible thumper.

We've become a society of people who think that if we don't like something for whatever reason, the government is the one to fix it for us. Disgusting.

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Uggghhhh. I need to hit the lottery so I can just go buy a nice
private island somewhere and leave this shithole country.
QFMFT!!

We've become a society of people who think that if we don't like something for whatever reason, the government is the one to fix it for us. Disgusting.
we've also become a society who thinks that "If I don't approve of something, it should be unacceptable for everyone else" what the fuck is wrong with everyone these days. Where did it go wrong? Oh yeah, the children, how could I forget........uuugggghhhh.

An ass isn't an excretory or sexual body part. An ASSHOLE can be used by sodomites in order to smear shit on their cocks, gain bladder infections and ejaculate.

An ass cheek and an asshole are entirely different things. Ass cheeks are cute, assholes aren't.

ok so why is this one instance being targeted? NYPD Blue showed bare ass all the time...and how can it fall into this criteria if NYPD always began at 10 p.m.
I was actually thinking very hard about this when I read the story and this is what I came up with.

They need money and media time. The economy is in the shit hole, and the news is all about election coverage, so what better way to accomplish both than to isolate one scene in one episode that blatantly defies the laws set forth by your morally protective agency?

They're probably using a loophole on the particular affiliates which aired the show in Central and Pacific time zones, as in these two time zones the show aired at 9 pm, and that fits the definition of indecent by placing it between 6 am and 10 pm.

I want to drop a bomb on their headquarters. I really do.

Max Johnson

Did they take this long to get offended or do these religious water heads need this much time to figure out how to use a computer/send an email?

Does this prove that the FCC is gay since they never got annoyed by the manass of Dennis Franz but as soon as an icky girl shows her bootie they get the cooties?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
This is an episode that aired in 2003 and someone is now offended by it? Give me a break...is someone trying to say that seeing a butt on t.v. so scarred them that 5 years later they still can't get over it? BB1 and STD have the right idea...I'm going to build on my own island or at least on the other side of theirs.

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
This is an episode that aired in 2003 and someone is now offended by it? Give me a break...is someone trying to say that seeing a butt on t.v. so scarred them that 5 years later they still can't get over it? BB1 and STD have the right idea...I'm going to build on my own island or at least on the other side of theirs.
heh, Wackbag's own private island, now there's a scary thought

and it is scary that they dig up something that far in the past, imagine if they went through the O&A wnew days, holy shit they would be lynch.....oh wait, better not say that, murdered

The clip that is being fined:

NSFW
[nsfw][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnsxFvCaZJ8[/media][/nsfw]

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
How about ABC just not pay the fucking fine. What is the FCC really going to do? "Revoke" their broadcast license? Whats to really stop ABC from just keeping on broadcasting? I think that it's time for the broadcasters to take a fucking stand and tell the FCC to go fuck itself. I mean really think about it, what is the FCC going to do, unleash the FCC police or army? Lock down ABC's buildings? Fuck the FCC Maaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!

They'll settle.

That is probably the raciest scene I've ever seen on regular TV I do have to admit. However instead of complaining, I say give us more.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
It's My Birthday!
Nice dumper. Did anyone even notice this when it aired? Was it a big deal at all then?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I never watched that show. Now I wish I had.