OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Number 2 House Leader Scraps Bill on Insider Trading by Members of Congress

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

You didn't think I was talking about Pelosi did you?

:trollol:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/145317/37/STOCK-Act-Scuttled

2. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

a politician being greedy? no fucking way!

3. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Just to sum it up: Cantor is either obstructing the passing of the bill, or making sure it's not a shitty bill, depending on who you ask. But the guy who wrote this is inclined to believe ithe Dem version of the story, for some reason that goes unmentioned.

Great piece of journalism you posted, partycock. As always. Doesn't mention a single detail on what's in the bill, nor does it give any factual information at all. All it says is that it has a lot of co-sponsors, and 60 minutes endorsed it too. So it must be great, no need to tire our brains with what's in it.

And please don't say that the first paragraph explains what it is. It doesn't.

4. Party Rooster

I don't take responsibility for how it's written dumbass. But if you had bothered to click on the link I did provide, you'd see that the original article gives you a link to Congresswoman Slaughter's congressional website. On her homepage you could have gotten a bit more info if you had just clicked on the top link there.

It's H.R. 1148, the Stop Trading On Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act in case your Google is broken.

5. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

It's about time to knock it off with the acronym based bill names. They've run out of words to string together.

6. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

what about the C.U.N.T bill?

7. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

There are thousands of informative articles on the web. You could've picked any one of them to post, but you picked this monkey cum. Who the fuck is responsible for that if not you?

Right. Now you're finally doing what you should've done: post facts, not propaganda.

Sounds like this could fuck up the structure of the entire federal government. Congress is the branch of gov. tasked with over-seeing executive agencies, not the other way around. You cannot hand executive agencies the power to investigate the affairs of members of Congress, at will. That is insanity. It would give bureaucrats unlimited power over elected officials, destroying the democratic process that is the basis of our government.

Rewrite the fucking thing, make sure the rules are enforced by Congress, and any SEC investigation is subject to approval by the relevant congressional committees. If I was Cantor, I would want more time to study this too.

8. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

It was yours. And your failure to prevent the thing you loath the most should weight heavy on your conscious.

9. Party Rooster

That's the whole point of the committee....of which Cantor booted it out of. My guess is Cantor, Boehner, Pelosi, and other top dogs just wants to sweep this under the rug until after the holidays when the media and the public has forgotten about it.

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Every bill is a CUNT bill.

Considering about 90% of Congress is involved in this somehow, I'm surprised it's even being reported at all.

11. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

At first I figured it was cancelled because it was a poorly written, thrown-together bill that could have huge implications and unintended consequences, but then I read this:

She is absolutely right. They passed the 2,000+ page Obamacare something like 12 hours after the final version was written. If they couldn't get around to reading this bill in 6 years, then the only reason they are blocking it is because they don't like its consequences. That is what committees are for, right? To determine the potential effects of the bill and devise amendments to its final version? So if it was so flawed, why not allow it to go through committee and then offer amendments? After all, the Republicans have control of the House; if they don't like the bill let them amend it.

12. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Right. That's the guess of the guy who wrote your article, too. Both guesses lack any kind of factual evidence to back them up. But at least now we know why you picked the shitty article: you agree with it. You think that's exactly how people should make up their minds about political issues: guess.

13. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

14. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

Of course. There is now way that these fat cats are going to do the right thing.

15. Party Rooster

So you're just going to take Cantor's word for it? Seems you're usually a lot more cynical around here when it comes to politicians and their motives. Again, why boot it out of committee, where amendments and revisions could have been introduced?

16. Party Rooster

*Update*

17. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

[video=youtube;K3GehsmsOD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GehsmsOD0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    I guess Obama must have made a phone call to old Harry Reid.

18. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

I would hope so too. My wife works for a large financial institution
    and there's tons of regulations on us regarding investments to
    insure she's not taking advantage of her position to make money.

For our elected officials to be able to use inside info to make money
    is just fucking disguising. Especially considering how bad they already
    :rap: us for their pay, pensions and health care.

19. Party Rooster

Love how they couldn't waste an opportunity to throw unrelated proposals into the bill.

20. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I thought that issuing term limits for Senators would take a constitutional amendment, not just a regular law.

21. Von Maestro

Von Maestro Registered User

Love how two common sense ideas that run contrary to the personal agendas of the self-serving assholes in the Senate have no chance of passing on their own, so the only chance they even have to get through is to be tacked on to an unrelated bill.

22. frankjg

frankjg doG

Congress Under ****** Tyranny

23. Party Rooster

*Related*

24. Larz

Larz ****Self-Banned****
    It's My Birthday!

The only bullshit here is that congress can trade on insider information but the people can't.

Just eliminate insider trading laws and let people use information to their advantage. The market will simply balance it all out.

25. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I like how its already illegal to insider trade but they have to make a new law to let congress know they aren't above the law. I say just throw Pelosi and the rest of them in Martha Stewart's old cell.