NY Democrat to repeal the twenty-second, removing president term limits

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment,

thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Introduced:
Jan 04, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
Sponsor:
Rep. José Serrano [D-NY15]
Referred to Committee
President Obama could get 3 terms if H.J.Res 15 abolishes term limits

Americans around the nation were shocked Friday as they heard about H.J.Res. 15. H.J.Res 15 proposes an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment. This would remove the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President. Rep. José Serrano (D- NY15) introduced the controversial joint resolution on Friday, the second day of the 2013 legislative session.

The last President to serve more than two terms was Franklin D. Roosevelt. Roosevelt served three full terms as President and was elected to a fourth term. Roosevelt died 83 days into his fourth term in office.

Congress passed the Twenty-second Amendment on March 21, 1947. The required number of states ratified it in 1951. There have been numerous attempts to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment, including a previous attempt by Rep. José Serrano. Rep. Serrano attempted to repeal the Twenty-second Amendment with H.J.Res. 5 in 2009.
I know its not likely but we can still dream about it.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
this is one of those that I feel will never see the light of day, but needs to be watched closely.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Americans around the nation were shocked Friday
Shocked? Really? That their elected officials are wasting time with this drivel?

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I want Fez Man for Congress. Then after a few terms he could be POTUS. Feel free to start submitting for Cabinet Positions.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I want Fez Man for Congress. Then after a few terms he could be POTUS. Feel free to start submitting for Cabinet Positions.

I'll follow The Fez Man all the way if he leads the revolution

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I guess Bloomberg is considering a presidential run and might be in this guys ear/wallet to get that pesky term limit thing out of the way so he wont have to worry about it later.

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
happens nearly every admin, Dem or Rep.... no need to get yer "but, but, but OBAMA!!!" dander up.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I think Republicans should seriously consider passing this bill. Think of the possibilities!

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
You're half right. It happens every time a democrat is elected.
yeah, it didnt come up during republican admins.. keep believing that.

Transcript

President Reagan Says He Will Fight to Repeal 22nd Amendment
TOM BROKAW, reporting:
President Reagan is making one thing clear in his last two days in office. As former President Reagan, he will remain active speaking out on issues that concern him. In a White House interview, Reagan told me that among other things, he will push for a repeal of the 22nd Amendment that limits a President to just two terms.
President REAGAN: This is the only office that is elected by all the people. I think that is an infringement on the democratic rights of the people. And now that I’m out of office, so that they can’t accuse me of wanting to do it for myself, I’m going to see if I can’t mobilize the people to demand the repeal of that Amendment. It is an invasion of their democratic rights to vote for whoever they want to vote for and for however long.
BROKAW: So we will see a lot of Ronald Reagan speaking around the country?
REAGAN: Yeah.
http://archives.nbclearn.com/portal/site/k-12/flatview?cuecard=3066

a list of attempts in the last 20+ years..

http://theconservativist.com/2009/05/21/no-term-limits-for-president/

Last edited:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
only if i can nominate don as my vice president

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
Are you trying to shore up your pro-Christianity, anti-abortion platform?
in a way, im looking for someone that pisses people off as much as i do, i like to equally offend, i will also need three hole puncher as my secretary of state and motor head as my chairman of the joint chiefs

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
in a way, im looking for someone that pisses people off as much as i do, i like to equally offend, i will also need three hole puncher as my secretary of state and motor head as my chairman of the joint chiefs
There would be some LOL's on the campaign trail as you announce your plan to sterilize everyone on welfare and use their children to create soylent green meanwhile Don is campaigning in the red states promising to give them back their right to deny abortions to raype victims.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i could use neon taster to fill in the rest of the jew jobs on my cabinet eliminating about half of the rest of the leaches

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I'm all for this, keep Obama in President!

He's good for the working people, and by that I mean he'll keep you people working, so Gentlemen of Leisure like myself won't have to

#ObamaForever

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
You're half right. It happens every time a democrat is elected.
His Arrogance speaks!
yeah, it didnt come up during republican admins.. keep believing that.

a list of attempts in the last 20+ years..

http://theconservativist.com/2009/05/21/no-term-limits-for-president/

Why would McConnell want to repeal it in 1995? Or Harry Reid in 1989?
Fishy.
Just admit you got talking out your ass again. By Magic Bob.

:haha7: