NY Rangers 2012 Off-Season Thread...lets hope to Christ there's no lockout

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
So I got a NHL.com gift card for my birthday. I want a heritage jersey but only if they're gonna keep wearing it. Is it officially their 3rd jersey for the foreseeable future?

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Fashionlinechina.com
Got a heritage jersey from there and its sweet. Ill never buy a real jersey again.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Fashionlinechina.com
Got a heritage jersey from there and its sweet. Ill never buy a real jersey again.
Thanks for the link. I was ready to order from Yukijersey but then they emailed me and said the one I wanted wasn't in stock. I got the GC so I might as well order a legit one.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/06/01/buzz-marian-gaborik-has-a-torn-rotator-cuff/
According to a Slovak newspaper, via NHL Gossip on twitter, Marian Gaborik revealed he has a torn rotator cuff and will be out for 5 to 6 months.

Gaborik revealed this news at a press conference in Slovakia today.

He said he played the last two months of the season with a torn shoulder capsule and rotator and he took pain medication and injections to dampen the pain, but he was lacking strength.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
bye bye Mats Zuccarello
only 1 year, if he wants to come back after that the rangers still own his rights. Im actually surprised because i thought he earned a spot late in the season but you never know with torts

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Rangers in talks with Nashville regarding Radulov.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/blueshirts_eye_radulov_k93X44fZ6vNSLiFF0nH9nK

Ugh....

I can get behind going after players who don't exactly fit the team concept since we do need an upgrade in skill, but he will not mesh in well with the locker room. Players like him have never worked out well for this team, aside from a few moments for Kovalev.

Big pass, wouldn't take him for free.

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
idk, zherdev is pretty fuckin talented but just like alexander semin and to some degree alex kovalev....lazy russians

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I don't trust a player who just up and left for 3 years, talent be damned. And going out boozing the night before a playoff game is pretty much a fuck you to your teammates

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
in other news, zach parise told the media today they he will not entertain any offers from the rangers.....thank god

Jul 26, 2005
Yeah smart move by Parise to announce that. That will sure help him with leverage when negotiating.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Atta boy Henrik !!!

LUNDQVIST WINS VEZINA TROPHY

Henrik Lundqvist capped his brilliant 2011-12 season on Wednesday night when he was selected as the 2012 Vezina Trophy winner at the NHL Awards in Las Vegas. Lundqvist is the first Rangers goaltender to be so honored since John Vanbiesbrouck won the Vezina Trophy as the league's top goaltender back in 1986.

In his seventh NHL season, Lundqvist led the Rangers to the best record in the Eastern Conference this past season, and guided them just two wins shy of reaching the Stanley Cup Finals. He established career-highs with 39 wins and a .930 save percentage. Lundqvist also posted 8 shutouts and a career-best 1.97 goals against average.

Among NHL goalies, Lundqvist ranked third in victories, tied for third in goals against average and shutouts, and tied for fourth in save percentage. He received 17 of the 30 first-place votes in beating out the Kings Jonathan Quick and Nashville's Pekka Rinne. It was the fourth time Lundqvist had been nominated for the Vezina in his career, and the first time he won the prestigious award.

Lundqvist did not win the Hart Trophy, however. Though he was a finalist for the award, Lundqvist finished in third place behind Pittsburgh's Evgeni Malkin, the 2012 Hart Trophy winner, and Tampa Bay's Steven Stamkos, who finished in second place. Malkin also won the Ted Lindsay Award, besting Lundqvist and Stamkos again, as voted on by the NHLPA.

Rangers head coach John Tortorella was beaten out by St. Louis head coach Ken Hitchcock for the Jack Adams Award. Tortorella finished in third place as coach of the year despite leading the Rangers to their best season since 1993-94.

Glen Sather finished in fourth place for General Manager of the Year, with St. Louis' Doug Armstrong winning the award this year.

In his first year as captain of the Rangers, Ryan Callahan was a finalist for the Mark Messier Leadership Award, which was presented to Phoenix captain Shane Doan, and finished fourth for the Selke Award as the NHL's top defensive forward.

Rookie forward Carl Hagelin placed fifth for the Calder Trophy, with Colorado's Gabriel Landeskog capturning rookie-of-the-year honors. And Dan Girardi finished sixth in the voting for the Norris Trophy, with Ottawa's Erik Karlsson named as the league's top defenseman.

Lundqvist headed the NHL's First Team All Star Team, joining defensemen Shea Weber and Karlsson, and forwards James Neal, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Malkin. Lundqvist's teammate Marian Gaborik, who scored 41 goals this season, was selected to the NHL's Second Team.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Biron re-signed at 2 years 1.3 per. Thank goodness one less thing to worry about! And Schultz decides tomorrow which is considerate since FA day is Sunday.

Jul 26, 2005
Well looks like Arron Asham has made the final stop on his Atlantic Division tour. 2 years 2 million. Looks like that's all for Prust. Would much rather have Prust, but Prust wasn't taking 1 million a year.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Him and Haley? Really? They could have combined their pay for Prust and just brought up a minorm unless he's really looking for a payday. He was great scoring shorties too.. I hope something good is around the bend.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I've hated Asham for years, now he's wearing Blue...that fucking figures. I hope he doesn't wind up being another Brashear though. Good for Prust when it comes to his contract with Montreal, 4 years, $10 million

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Asham's contract is only 2 years for 1 million per. That's way cheaper than Brashear or Boogaard or Rupp so who really cares. He can take stupid penalties just as well as Prust did. Haley is probably just going to the Whale so I'm not even worried about him.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
You guys will love Asham. Well, as long as he's not getting big minutes anyway.