NY Yankees fans..."The Bronx Is Burning"

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
ESPN sucks at this stuff. I wouldn't expect much.
I know what you're saying but, I have a good feeling about this one.

Oliver Platt is always fucking tits and look at Tutoro in the Trailer...he IS Billy Martin. Plus, I just saw the ESPN movie abot the race horse ( forget the name, they showed it the night of the Belmont Stakes)...movie was pretty damn good.

Really doesn't matter...I was 8 in 77 and the Yankees were my fucking WORLD back then....I can not wait.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Something about that time period in NYC fascinates me. I wasn't around, but it must have been a pretty gnarly summer in '77...

- Berkowitz terrorizing the city
- Record hot temperatures
- The Blackout and the shwoogs looting everything
- The Mets trading Tom Seaver, the only fucking good thing that ever happened to that franchise at that point
- Reggie and Billy in the dugout up in Boston, then Reggie ultimately hitting the 3 homers in Game 6 of the Series that fall

When else has it been that wild in the city, outside 09/11?

Jun 4, 2006
Brick, NJ
ESPN is making this? Dont be surprised to see it flash forward to 2004 Redsox footage.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
The bookie in my fathers bar gave my brother and me two tickets to the game when Reggie hit the 3 home runs. My favorite game ever. The thing I loved about Reggie though was when they'd knock him down with a pitch, he'd get up and hit a home run or oopsie the bat at the pitcher. Why they don't do that anymore is beyond me.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highfive

I like you. Do you like me?
Aug 10, 2004
NYC
Book was amazing.......ESPN will fuck it up. They are awful at the mini series and movie thing.

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
They had one great show about a football team and cancelled it under pressure from the NFL who said it gave a bad image of pro football.

LBF

Jun 18, 2005
West Tennessee
Most of the "experts" are saying John T. is great as Billy Martin and that's about it. They claim that Oliver Platt is too over-the-top as Steinbrenner (one guy said he reminds him of the Steinbrenner from Seinfeld) and the guy playing Reggie is a dud.

I'll probably watch it anyway.