CANDIDATEPARTYVOTESPCT.
Bill de Blasio*Dem. 726,36166.5%
Nicole MalliotakisRep. 303,74227.8
Sal AlbaneseReform. 22,8912.1
Akeem BrowderGreen. 15,7631.4
Michael TolkinInd. 10,7621.0
Bo DietlInd. 10,5921.0
Aaron CommeyLib. 2,6350.2

Here are the numbers someone rattled off to me and I haven't bothered to look. 8 million people in NYC. 4 million elligaible and only 19% actually voted. So only a little over 1 million voted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Does that include all the illegal aliens that voted?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Do you live in Staten Island? The small number of people that voted there beat him about 3 to 1. Granted she's from there but still....

COUNTY. DE BLASIO. MALLIOTAKIS
Brooklyn. 243,304. 71,652
Queens. 164,378. 90,927
Manhattan. 182,561. 51,486
Bronx. 111,996. 22,548
Staten Island 24,122. 67,129

God no.

Financial District, Manhattan.

God no.

Financial District, Manhattan.
No silly.. I was asking if that's the first question you ask because staten island is the only Boro that he lost... but ok

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
No silly.. I was asking if that's the first question you ask because staten island is the only Boro that he lost... but ok

Ohhhhh...No, I ask them if they voted. Most lie and say they did. They didn’t.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Virginia elected a tranny to the legislature
I can't even shit on her. She ran on a campaign of fixing traffic on a major highway and mushroom stamped a 73-year-old quarter-century incumbent who sponsored a bill banning trannys from using the wrong/right/whatever bathroom.

Plus, she sings for an 80s throwback thrash metal band whose entire discography celebrates drinking to excess...and it's not horrible.

Floyd1977

I can't even shit on her. She ran on a campaign of fixing traffic on a major highway and mushroom stamped a 73-year-old quarter-century incumbent who sponsored a bill banning trannys from using the wrong/right/whatever bathroom.

Plus, she sings for an 80s throwback thrash metal band whose entire discography celebrates drinking to excess...and it's not horrible.

I still think it's fucking the stupidest thing on earth that bathrooms are deciding elections

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I don't like Comrade Deblasio but to be honest its probably better he did win reelection because his opponent would've been in over her head in that job. She was a total nobody and at the very least Bill has been there long enough now to know how things work. If they put up a much stronger more known candidate that would be a different story but that woman would've been overwhelmed

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I don't like Comrade Deblasio but to be honest its probably better he did win reelection because his opponent would've been in over her head in that job. She was a total nobody and at the very least Bill has been there long enough now to know how things work. If they put up a much stronger more known candidate that would be a different story but that woman would've been overwhelmed
NYC Republicans are a joke. Last election the best they could put up was Lhota.

De Blow-Me-Oh is one of the best mayors in the country... at increasing his city's hobo population.
NYC Rise in Homeless is One of the Biggest in the U.S.
The number of people living on the street rose to 3,936 in 2017 from 2,838 in 2016, a federal report says
By Mara Gay
Dec. 6, 2017 7:07 p.m. ET

Homelessness in New York City rose by 4.1% in 2017 overall, one of the bigger increases in the U.S., according to a federal report released Wednesday.

“New York City is one of the most expensive and constrained housing markets in the nation, and the numbers released today reflect that reality,” said Lynne Patton, regional administrator for the Department of Housing and Urban Development in New York and New Jersey.

She said HUD is “working closely with partners across the city to implement the housing strategies needed to overcome this extraordinary challenge.”

The number of people living on the street in New York City rose sharply to 3,936 in 2017 from 2,838 in 2016—a 38.7% increase, according to the report.

Those living in shelters in the city rose more modestly, to 72,565 in 2017 from 70,685 in 2016, a 2.7% increase, HUD said, noting that it counts people staying city-run and non city-run shelters.

“These numbers are consistent with what we’ve been combating and what we’ve forecasted as a big part of an affordability crisis that has spared no corner of the country,“ said Jaclyn Rothenberg, a spokeswoman for New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio. “That’s why the mayor put forward an aggressive affordable-housing plan and a realistic shelter plan.”

New York City has experienced record homelessness in recent years as tens of thousands of low-income residents struggle to find affordable housing amid surging rents.

Mr. de Blasio, a Democrat who came to office in 2014 promising to attack rising income inequality, laid out a plan earlier this year to build 90 new shelters across the city during the next five years. The budget for the Department or Homeless Services has nearly doubled during Mr. de Blasio’s tenure, to about $888 million this year.

The HUD figures on street homelessness in New York City are drawn from the HOPE Count, an annual survey of the number of people living on the city’s streets. Some homeless advocates and others have criticized the count for being unscientific because it gives a snapshot of a single day and occurs in the winter when more people are likely to seek temporary housing at a shelter.
Federal Hobo Report to Congress:
https://www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/2017/HUDNo_17-109
https://www.hudexchange.info/resource/5639/2017-ahar-part-1-pit-estimates-of-homelessness-in-the-us/

domelogic

Mr. de Blasio, a Democrat who came to office in 2014 promising to attack rising income inequality, laid out a plan earlier this year to build 90 new shelters across the city during the next five years. The budget for the Department or Homeless Services has nearly doubled during Mr. de Blasio’s tenure, to about $888 million this year.

That right there says it all. You want people to feel sorry about salt being taken away but then you have a mayor who thinks you are an endless atm machine. Makes you wonder why they are choosing ny city

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff

That right there says it all. You want people to feel sorry about salt being taken away but then you have a mayor who thinks you are an endless atm machine. Makes you wonder why they are choosing ny city
city slickers....cant understand em and dont want em

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
It's My Birthday!
Donator

Same as San Francisco. You keep pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into making life as comfortable and effortless as possible for homeless people, and then you wonder why the homeless population keeps increasing.

'Tis truly a bafflement.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
NYC seems to be in the cycle of crime - purge - gentrification - permissiveness - crime.

1960s saw permissiveness which led to 1970s crime. Which lead to the purging in the 80s and 90s. The eventual gentrification scrubbing out the cancer cells in the 00s and early teens. Now we're back to permissive shithead.

Once the gentrifiers see their neighborhoods start turning shitty again, maybe after a few high profile gang rapes and murders, they'll flee and crime will take hold.

DeBlasio is congratulating himself on crime dropping due to the undesirables being forced to elsewhere.

That's just terrific... your tax dollars at work rewarding criminals...

Rikers Settles Class Action Solitary Confinement Case

Corrections officers at the Rikers Island jail complex in New York. The City of New York will pay up to $5 million in the settlement of a class action lawsuit.

A class-action lawsuit against the City of New York has spurred the first suit of its kind that promises cash compensation to those who say they were illegally put in solitary confinement while at Rikers Island jail complex between 2012 and 2015. As the Associated Press reports, the city will pay more than $4 million to 470 plaintiffs in the case.

The case refers to a jailing practice referred to as "old time" policy. According to a press release from the office of Alex Reinert, one of the lawyers for the plaintiffs, the policy required Rikers inmates to, "serve time in solitary for stale disciplinary infractions committed during a prior incarceration, often years earlier."

If a person was incarcerated and was ordered to serve in solitary confinement, that order could be reinstated upon subsequent, potentially unrelated, incarcerations. Rikers did away with the old time policy in 2015, when it updated its confinement rules. A federal judge in Brooklyn granted a preliminary approval of the settlement in the case, Parker v. City of New York. According to the statement, the plaintiffs alleged that the city's policies violated their constitutional rights.

The New York Times reports that class members in the lawsuit will be paid $175 for each day they spent in solitary confinement, or $200 per day served for those who were younger than 18 at the time of confinement or who have a mental illness. Reinert's release states that will amount to an average of $10,000 paid out to each class member.

"Although the harm caused by solitary confinement cannot be measured in dollars, we hope that the substantial payments provided to the class under the settlement will provide some relief to the class," Reinert said in the statement. "We applaud the City's decision to end the 'old time' policy, and hope that this litigation will ensure that other jurisdictions will not adopt similar policies."

NPR previously reported on New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's announcement of a 10-year plan to close Rikers Island. De Blasio proposed that the complex be replaced it with a network of smaller jails in the NYC boroughs. The decision pleased activists like those associated with the #CloseRikers campaign.

Reinert refers to solitary confinement as "the most extreme form of punishment used in the United States outside of the death penalty." He went on to say in the statement that it causes psychological trauma and an overall reduction in public safety.

According to the A.P., New York City's Law Department said it was "pleased," with the settlement.
Link

I'm no expert but if you put in solitary I am gonna guess you are a problem child so perhaps wise if you re-offend over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that perhaps keep you out of general pop... hmmm?

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
That's just terrific... your tax dollars at work rewarding criminals...

Link

I'm no expert but if you put in solitary I am gonna guess you are a problem child so perhaps wise if you re-offend over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that perhaps keep you out of general pop... hmmm?
the grammar and sentence structure made my head hurt reading this