NYC subway lines shut down by AWWWWWWWWW

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I can haz public tranzportz?

Kittens shut down NYC subway lines

• NEW YORK (AP) - It only took two kittens to stop the city's subway in its tracks.

Power was cut to the B and Q lines in Brooklyn for more than an hour after a woman reported Thursday morning that her kittens were loose in the nation's largest subway system, transit officials said.

The furry felines, one black and the other white with gray stripes, were finally found on the tracks and rescued about seven hours later.

How they got there was a mystery. But they were seen running dangerously close to the high-voltage third rail.

Their owner rushed to a subway station with cat food for transit workers dispatched onto the tracks to use to try to corral them.

Power was suspended between several stops - about half the Q line and the B line's entire service in Brooklyn - on the local and express tracks for 90 minutes, Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokeswoman Judie Glave said. The express line was stopped another half-hour while workers kept searching.

But the skittish kittens disappeared again before being discovered Thursday evening under the third rail of an above-ground express track. Police officers removed the kittens in crates, Glave said.

Officials said workers and passengers in Brooklyn's Flatbush neighborhood had been on the lookout for the kittens and train operators were asked to proceed with caution. If they saw anything moving on the tracks, they were required to stop and notify the rail control center.

Some passengers wanted to help by scouring the tracks but were turned down by MTA workers citing safety concerns.

While the effort on behalf of the kittens created delays for passengers, the Q operated a shuttle service between two of its normal Brooklyn stops, said transit officials, who couldn't immediately provide the cost of the extra service.
http://www.kgw.com/lifestyle/Kittens-shut-down-NYC-subway-lines-221796521.html

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Anthony dumped the cat already

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Of course NYC mayoral candidate Joe Lhota is now taking shit in the media for saying he wouldn't have shut down the subway line for 2 hours for a couple of kittens.

Aren't there thousands upon thousands of rats in the subway tunnels? Where's the outrage that we do shutdown the subway for rats?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Of course NYC mayoral candidate Joe Lhota is now taking shit in the media for saying he wouldn't have shut down the subway line for 2 hours for a couple of kittens.

Aren't there thousands upon thousands of rats in the subway tunnels? Where's the outrage that we do shutdown the subway for rats?
Rats arent adorable. And Lhota likes to eat baby hearts.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Terrorist idea: toss kittens into tunnels, hurl kittens off overpasses, let'em loose on runways and train tracks. Kitty Khaos in a basket.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
Its a fuckin' rat anyways. Whole family is all rats. Would've grown up to be a rat.
So you're saying we should shoot all the rats in the feet, then shoot them to death if they insult us afterward?

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So you're saying we should shoot all the rats in the feet, then shoot them to death if they insult us afterward?
If a rat doesnt get me a drink or tells me to go fuck myself of course.