O&A a tourist attraction?

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/ENTERTAIN/801040317/-1/ENTERTAIN08

10. XM Studios, 111 W. 57th St., NYC — New York visitors regularly line up to see TV show tapings. Attending a free radio broadcast? Not so heard of. But if you follow the "Opie and Anthony Radio Show," you know where to go to see and possibly meet some of today's biggest comedians or even a celebrity such as John C. Reilly or Slash. O&A allow fans into a state-of-the-art XM radio studio to watch them broadcast two to three uncensored hours of comedy every day. Go at random and hope for the best or scour the Web site for clues about who'll be on-air the next few days.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
5. Mystic Pizza, 56 W. Main St., Mystic, Conn. — Going to Mystic because you're a fan of "Mystic Pizza" is like going into space expecting to meet the Jetson family. Most of the scenery was shot in nearby towns, and the only part of the actual pizza place they used was the sign outside the building and the "A little slice of heaven" shirt the waitresses wear. Inside, the real restaurant is a strange assortment of "Starsky and Hutch" remake photos and "Mystic Pizza" memorabilia, including a photo of Julia Roberts with the largest eyebrows imaginable. Still, the town was cute, the service was great, and the food and drinks were delicious.

Some good pizza there, I stop in when I am up by Mohegan Sun

XMGroz

Resident Alcoholic
Jun 6, 2005
Astoria, Queens, NY
This was written by Germain Lussier, aka G-Baby from FBA.com. He's a big fan of the show, so it makes sense he'd throw it in there for fun.

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
I cant wait to vist the studio

sixplusone

Jan 18, 2008
Akron, Oh
i am flying to nyc from akron,ohio this friday to go watch the xm show. can anyone help me on what to do? should we go straight to xm or meet at krock (or fucking kcountry) and walk over? thanks.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
You meet outside the Krock studios and walk to XM. Standing outside the XM building before the guys from the show get there won't do any good, and you can maybe get to meet a few other fans outside Krock.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I think that im going to New York the 24th or march and im going to try and show up for the walk over, unless there on vaction, which would sux

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
5. Mystic Pizza, 56 W. Main St., Mystic, Conn. — Going to Mystic because you're a fan of "Mystic Pizza" is like going into space expecting to meet the Jetson family. Most of the scenery was shot in nearby towns, and the only part of the actual pizza place they used was the sign outside the building and the "A little slice of heaven" shirt the waitresses wear. Inside, the real restaurant is a strange assortment of "Starsky and Hutch" remake photos and "Mystic Pizza" memorabilia, including a photo of Julia Roberts with the largest eyebrows imaginable. Still, the town was cute, the service was great, and the food and drinks were delicious.

Home of the Mystic Seaport where you pay to walk into an old timey Sea Villiage. wait im lost.................

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey

Same deal here, there are also some real good restaurants and bars on that main street. Just watch out for some of the cops there, (all five of them) they have a bit of a hard on for people wearing Yankees t-shirts.

M

MonsterJ

I'm gonna try and make it next Monday and Tuesday... anyone else?

M

MonsterJ

Which day, 420?

johnnyd

New Wackbag
Jul 25, 2005
I'm going for the first time tomorrow too, sixplusone. Coming in from New Hampshire. I'll see you there. Hopefully the show will be live.

sixplusone

Jan 18, 2008
Akron, Oh
hey john, ya thats my biggest worry. keeping my fingers crossed they are live. see ya there, -cody

M

MonsterJ

Bueller.... Bueller..... Bueller......