O&A close to contract renewal on CBS/Citadel, says FMQB

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
At the end of their article about Rover leaving WKRK in Cleveland, they threw in this little tidbit:

Meanwhile, as to speculation that O&A will have a short term move to mornings and WKRK will be seeking a new show once their CBS contract expires, FMQB hears the duo are on the verge of inking a new deal to keep them on both XM Satellite Radio and regular radio stations run by CBS Radio and Citadel Broadcasting.
http://fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=589681

And for all the assholes who still come here and say O&A said they would never go back to regular radio, I'm still waiting for you fucks to provide me with audio where they said that. Meanwhile, listen to this - it's from their first week on XM:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7842022b6f8d3f/

:fu:

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Shhhhh! You're going to attract the zombies! :action-sm

So you mean to tell me there's speculation that O&A are going to fail their way into a contract extension?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I hope they find some kind of way to get some sort of 9-10 hour on their FM stations so the ratings can be a better representation of what we know they are really bringing in.

I know it's competing with XM but let the people that don't subscribe enjoy it a little more, who knows you might pick up a number of subscribers from people who only hear a few minutes before the show ends at nine if they had a whole extra hour.

You know out here in LA I'm pretty sure they replay the first hour of Leykis during the last hour of his show. So it's not like it's something that isn't done, there are some other hurdles, but maybe they can figure this out with the new contract since there isn't a rush to get DLR off the airwaves.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I hope they find some kind of way to get some sort of 9-10 hour on their FM stations so the ratings can be a better representation of what we know they are really bringing in.

I know it's competing with XM but let the people that don't subscribe enjoy it a little more, who knows you might pick up a number of subscribers from people who only hear a few minutes before the show ends at nine if they had a whole extra hour.

You know out here in LA I'm pretty sure they replay the first hour of Leykis during the last hour of his show. So it's not like it's something that isn't done, there are some other hurdles, but maybe they can figure this out with the new contract since there isn't a rush to get DLR off the airwaves.
Actually, that would be hard for XM if they did the 9-10 hour on CBS/Krock/whatever u wanna call it. Then XM only gets one exclusive hour. I can see them doing an hour of "Classic O&A" from 9-10 on the free radio stations, though.

R

RePlayListener

I don't post to often, but if Orbitcast is reporting it, then it might as well be truth. There FM show over the years has become, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
I don't post to often, but if Orbitcast is reporting it, then it might as well be truth. There FM show over the years has become, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
heres the deal, opie was right, the show is the best its ever been. The worst of on monday was amazing when it was current stuff. They went into WNEW stuff, i was getting douche chills the entire time. I have never ever turned the show off, ive been listening since 99ish. I had to turn it off during the Barry Williams interview.

Rackrunner

I am now Zombie Overlord, thanks to Wes Mantooth
Nov 19, 2005
I have never ever turned the show off, ive been listening since 99ish. I had to turn it off during the Barry Williams interview.
contradict yourself much?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
heres the deal, opie was right, the show is the best its ever been. The worst of on monday was amazing when it was current stuff. They went into WNEW stuff, i was getting douche chills the entire time. I have never ever turned the show off, ive been listening since 99ish. I had to turn it off during the Barry Williams interview.
You, sir, are insane. The Barry Williams interview was fantastic.

As for everything else, meh whatever. I'm tired of caring about the show more than the boys do.

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
contradict yourself much?
ok ill break it down for ya

i was making the point that i never turn the show off. I never have since 1999ish when i started listening. Then monday they were playing worst of from WNEW and i had to turn it off cuz it doesn't hold up. Make sense? It was so bad that even I <--me, had to turn it off, even though i never turn it off, ever....but monday.......off.......usually never off......monday off

iSpeakEloquent

Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY

As for everything else, meh whatever. I'm tired of caring about the show more than the boys do.
what was the good part about it? Talking about how great "the real greg brady" was even though it could be the worst thing ever on a radio show? The only thing that was funny was the listeners making fun of ant in the jacket.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
what was the good part about it? Talking about how great "the real greg brady" was even though it could be the worst thing ever on a radio show? The only thing that was funny was the listeners making fun of ant in the jacket.
Truthfully, I couldn't tell you why. But it made me laugh.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
how do you figure, sir?
The boys are doing what is best for their ego and wallets. Don't get me wrong, there is essentially nothing wrong with that. But the with the F-U money they have, I'd hope they would go to XM full time and focus on quality, which is what I care more about.

But, it's not my show. So I'll settle for 75% of what O&A could be...because even that is 90% better than anything else.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
The boys are doing what is best for their ego and wallets. Don't get me wrong, there is essentially nothing wrong with that. But the with the F-U money they have, I'd hope they would go to XM full time and focus on quality, which is what I care more about.

But, it's not my show. So I'll settle for 75% of what O&A could be...because even that is 90% better than anything else.
I cant understand how anyone thinks the XM only show was better than it is today. especially if your argument is that you care about the show more than they do. in terms of show prep and pace you can not compare the show now to XM only days.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
All this means is that CBS is going to renew the contract. Now it comes down to whether the merger goes through first, and whether Mel will allow it.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
well if its true it should keep the critics quiet for a while.

tonytiger

Apr 5, 2006
maspeth ny

great interview with barry, it brings the brady bunch saga to a complete circle !

:icon_razz

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
All this means is that CBS is going to renew the contract. Now it comes down to whether the merger goes through first, and whether Mel will allow it.
If the DOJ and the FCC haven't cleared the merger yet, I think there's a pretty good chance O&A could have a new contract with CBS/Citadel before hand.

annoyinglee

The Overlord Of Evil
Dec 18, 2005
Snake Mountain
O&A say "Fuck The Renewal, We are done with CBS b/c their radio stations are downgrading to local talent to so-called "save money b/c of low ratings all over the country" and Citadel does not mean shit to this show no more!!" But that's a dream is not coming true :(

in terms of show prep and pace you can not compare the show now to XM only days.
Exactly, but for the opposite reason you post. You can't compare the terrestrial side to the pace of the XM-only days, certainly... with no enforced commercial breaks they could go at whatever pace they wanted, which I preferred then and still prefer now when they go past the 9 o'clock hour.

So I will have to say that I don't understand how anyone can prefer the pace of the first 3hrs of current shows to that of the show pre-FM, or even the pace of the first 3hrs as compared to the XM-only side.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
I dont think anyone likes the way the FM side is run, 10 minute commercial breaks every 20 minutes or so, ridiculous restrictions, etc. Blame the lawyers and upper management for that, not the boys.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll sign a multi year deal or if it'll be another one year contract.