O&A Fired Question

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I did a search but I can't find what I'm looking for. What happened to the whole "O&A Fired" thing? I canceled because they were suspended and then I heard they were canceled. At least that is what the splash page said and then everyone started smashing radios. Now it seems that they are coming back to radio probably hands tied by shitty XM. What happened in between there? I read the whole "And then what happened" sticky but it didn't explain how they went from Suspended->Fired->Back on Air.

Iron Duke

Fuck DHL Express....German faggots!!
I think Zagman might have been mistaken.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
They're coming back on the 15th. How we got from one point to another will be a subject of some debate, or maybe none at all. The simplest explanation is that they're coming back on the 15th because that's when XM said they would from the very beginning. Many believe they were going to be fired, and the protests and cancellations prevented that.

BTW the splash page still says they're being fired, and the O&A Fired thread is still chugging along. Shamefully, it now has 3 times as many posts as the 'Ron Bennington's line of the day thread'.

http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=67441

Iron Duke

I guess we'll see on the 15th, either way. Maybe Elmo was just feeding disinformation? Maybe it was all a ruse? Maybe it just a plot by the man, maaaaan?

my guess is that their firing was very much up in the air, and assuming they were fired was the best way of fighting back and making our voices heard.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
If they're not fired, will Zagman out his "sources" that felt they knew more than they actually did?

I certainly hope so.

Iron Duke

If they're not fired, will Zagman out his "sources" that felt they knew more than they actually did?

I certainly hope so.
His sources were Tax Kuntz, CallmeQtie and Angelfuck. Just ask ESD. wokka wokka

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

I certainly hope so.
What's to out? His source was Elmo, I don't think that's a secret. It's up for you to decide whether Elmo was acting alone, or if Opie was prodding him along from the grassy knoll.

LilConor

The decision was probably made to fire them but it wasn't announced. After the back lash and hell that we gave them they thought about their decision.

In the end the pests always win !!! :action-sm

ruckstande

The decision was probably made to fire them but it wasn't announced. After the back lash and hell that we gave them they thought about their decision.

In the end the pests always win !!! :action-sm
That is what I'm hoping. I'm not sure where my opinions would end up if this fired thing was either a big mistake or a ruse. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

It is my opinion that the whole "O&A Fired" thing was set up to stir up support for the Boys. I think maybe the future post-suspension was up in the air, and putting out the word that they were fired helped stir up anger, and push things the right way.

I dont know who would have done it, and I don't care.. if it worked, it worked. Maybe it actualy looked like they were fired, I really don't know what I'm talking about, that's just my theory on the whole thing.

ruckstande

Well, I'm really not hoping this becomes a speculation thread. I was just looking for some answers I couldn't find.

The problem is, there are no real answers.. if and when you turn on your XM next friday, you'll know if they were fired or not.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Well, I'm really not hoping this becomes a speculation thread. I was just looking for some answers I couldn't find.
There are no answers. XM won't talk about it and obviously won't let anyone
else talk about it either. The best info we had was that O&A were fired and
IMO, the consumer backlash against XM caused them to change their mind.
Wether that's true or not, we may never know as XM doesn't have the balls
to answer their calls and e-mails concerning the subject.

ruckstande

Fuck them in their fucking asses. The thing that enrages me the most though is that we are still being punished more than O&A. They still get paid and we don't get a show for 30 days for what?

not_you_too

Just imagine how arrogant XM would be if we paid them $100 a month. Oh yeah, then they would just be the cable company. :)

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
whatever happened, they'll be back and i can't wait for all this insanity that has plagued this board the past month to end.

ruckstande

Just imagine how arrogant XM would be if we paid them $100 a month. Oh yeah, then they would just be the cable company. :)
If they were a cable company then we would still have a show. With a bad picture like mine though.

probably never fired. they just wanted people to cancel to put pressure on xm. they'll reimburse you for your reactivation fees.

laspino

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok

I certainly hope so.
That won't encourage anyone to ever give up any information ever again.

L

Lil Bit Special

They were never fired. They were suspended because they opened their mouth to the wrong big shot and pissed him off and O&A didnt kiss his ass enough to prevent the suspension.

Those who were predicting that they were fired were thinking on their own that due to the recent firings that were unjustified, O&A were on their way out. Could they have been? Yes. If they opened their mouth and discussed why they were suspended. And continued their pompous attitude that no one controls them. But they wont be fired because they were good little boys and shut their mouth.

If you think annoying phone calls/email and cancelling of subscriptions is what saved their job.... think what you want. If XM was so concerned with the fans who cancelled and the bad publicity, they would have gone overboard to save you people from cancelling, but they didnt. What they offered wasnt that great.

The fans did a great job showing their support for O&A. But we would need a million of us to make a real difference (unless of course we were a minority or a protected group). "Normal" people who work/pay taxes/live like humans just dont have a big enough voice to be heard.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
probably never fired. they just wanted people to cancel to put pressure on xm. they'll reimburse you for your reactivation fees.
Who is they? Because when I resub I'll want to know where the check is coming from.
XM will most likely not be waving the reactivation fee, it will help make up for some of the loss they had as a result from the thousands of cancellations.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
That won't encourage anyone to ever give up any information ever again.

Or, it will encourage people to be sure of their facts before stating speculation or fears as facts.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
They were never fired. They were suspended because they opened their mouth to the wrong big shot and pissed him off and O&A didnt kiss his ass enough to prevent the suspension.

Those who were predicting that they were fired were thinking on their own that due to the recent firings that were unjustified, O&A were on their way out. Could they have been? Yes. If they opened their mouth and discussed why they were suspended. And continued their pompous attitude that no one controls them. But they wont be fired because they were good little boys and shut their mouth.

If you think annoying phone calls/email and cancelling of subscriptions is what saved their job.... think what you want. If XM was so concerned with the fans who cancelled and the bad publicity, they would have gone overboard to save you people from cancelling, but they didnt. What they offered wasnt that great.

The fans did a great job showing their support for O&A. But we would need a million of us to make a real difference (unless of course we were a minority or a protected group). "Normal" people who work/pay taxes/live like humans just dont have a big enough voice to be heard.

I agree with this. It was the recent past in radio and the longer past with O&A that led some people to assume that suspension =firing, IMO.