O&A Listening Thread 02-25-08...with a case of the moondeees.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Wassup?
Me, oh jus' chillen' chillen'.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
stop. wondering. what's that sound?

Is there a show this morning - what a weird worst-of to lead in. I guess I never woke up early for Mondeeees.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Morning all.

How did No County For Old Men beat out There Will Be Blood?

I know why. People loved the hitman character and forgave all the tragically shitty shortcomings of "Old Men".

But I am so glad Juno got Best Original Sceenplay, which it was.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
Was it?

Sorry, really, was it? It's playing a couple blocks away from here, and I've been thinking of taking the wife. The pregnant wife.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
What the fuck it do 'Baggers?

I'm in "hood mode" right now, cuz I'm really fuckin gangsta.

I thought Juno was good, but probably not quite as good as some people think, and I definitely agree that There Will Be Blood was better than NCFOM

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hey Folks :action-sm

I'm fucking tired of hearing about Obama. He's bad news and he's going to further destroy liberties. I don't see why people are such dummies and backing him

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Was it?

Sorry, really, was it? It's playing a couple blocks away from here, and I've been thinking of taking the wife. The pregnant wife.
The dialog in Juno is not only great, but delivered perfectly by that the actress (I for get her name, Ellen Page?). Really worth seeing.

And don't worry about the wife. It's not pro adoption or abortion. It's just the story of a high school girl who needs to deal with a problem. I really like the fact that the movie is not agenda driven; it would have ruined the flick.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
The dialog in Juno is not only great, but delivered perfectly by that the actress (I for get her name, Ellen Page?). Really worth seeing.

And don't worry about the wife. It's not pro adoption or abortion. It's just the story of a high school girl who needs to deal with a problem. I really like the fact that the movie is not agenda driven; it would have ruined the flick.
Thanks. Honestly, I thought There Will Be Blood was really oddly cast, what with the kid from Little Miss Sunshine. I think Daniel Day Lewis is awesome, but when paired with a kid who can't talk, well, I start to look at other flicks. I'll check out Juno; I wasn't worried about any agendas anyway, really.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Hey Folks :action-sm

I'm fucking tired of hearing about Obama. He's bad news and he's going to further destroy liberties. I don't see why people are such dummies and backing him
Because I'm tired of the elderly white men and their elderly white men mind set. I'm a young white guy and I think much differently about life that the generations before me. I think Obama think differently. So I want that different perspective on an old job.

And Hillary is a cunt. I'd support a woman president, but I will never support Hillary.

SGT G From Iraq

Broadcasting From Elm to Oak Street
Oct 8, 2007
Take a guess dummy
Afternoon everybody.

I don't really have anything to rant about, so I guess I'll just make some shit up.....why the fuck don't Opie and Anthony broadcast on the weekends? Lazy fuckers......

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Thanks. Honestly, I thought There Will Be Blood was really oddly cast, what with the kid from Little Miss Sunshine. I think Daniel Day Lewis is awesome, but when paired with a kid who can't talk, well, I start to look at other flicks. I'll check out Juno; I wasn't worried about any agendas anyway, really.
You know, I didn't know it was that douche from Little Miss Sunshine until tonight. Which I have to say, as much as I hated him (and everyone else in LMS) he was great as Eli in TWBB.

I have to watch it again, but I believe he played Eli and his brother Paul. Or just check IMDB. :icon_lol:

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
Afternoon everybody.

I don't really have anything to rant about, so I guess I'll just make some shit up.....why the fuck don't Opie and Anthony broadcast on the weekends? Lazy fuckers......
Good point, sir.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Afternoon everybody.

My reply to your made up rant is that Fan Boy Anthony was on Saturday. He came onto the Lazlow show and Monopolized the show.:action-sm
Or at least he was Lazlow's co-host for the show, shutting down Wayne and Reed.

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
I never was here on Monday morning when the show broke - what a weird deal. Just an oldie show and then HIT it's The Virus. No complaints though. Wish SNV was online somewhere easy to get.

SGT G From Iraq

Broadcasting From Elm to Oak Street
Oct 8, 2007
Take a guess dummy
My reply to your made up rant is that Fan Boy Anthony was on Saturday. He came onto the Lazlow show and Monopolized the show.:action-sm
Or at least he was Lazlow's co-host for the show, shutting down Wayne and Reed.
Yes, and Ope was on the Than and Sam show a few weeks ago.....point taken :action-sm

KSA1001

Halfrican Fan #?
Aug 8, 2005
Jersey City, NJ
Morning all.

How did No County For Old Men beat out There Will Be Blood?

I know why. People loved the hitman character and forgave all the tragically shitty shortcomings of "Old Men".

You think so? Finaly saw TWBB Saturday night...liked it..but nowhere near as much as No Country...that one leads to multiple viewing and conversations.

Daniel Day Lewis deserved the win..and the TWBB jokes on SNL were hilarious.

Mornin' all :action-sm

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Hi guys.

I totally forgot the Oscars were on last night and I slept through the whole thing.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm surprised by Juno love. I really thought that movie was so overrated with its faux-hipster dialog. I thought Ellen Page was very good in it, playing a character I honestly didn't really like but I did not find it to be that special ball of wonder everyone else seemed to.

No Country + TWBB are probably my number 1 and 2 of the year. But Julie Christie deserved the Oscar more than Marion Cotillard.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Opie's dream means that he wants to have a marshmellow up his ass.

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Julie Andrews got cheated in 1965 in favor of Julie Christie. Payback is a bitch.