O&A Listening Thread - 08/03/2010 - Liddy Drinks His Own Pee Tuesday

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Ugh... this PC vs Mac shit again.

MACs are for people who don't want to deal with computers.
PCs are for people who understand how to roll with the punches or need one for gaming/business (for the most part, YMMV)
Eh...its more than that.

Personally I'd rather run Ubuntu at home on my own computer; but because the wife is uncomfortable with the OS and Open Office the Mac is a nice compromise. The other key thing (for me at least) is when it comes to the 64 bit OS curve Mac is WAY ahead of Windows. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the next iteration of OS-X goes 64 bit native.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Eh...its more than that.

Personally I'd rather run Ubuntu at home on my own computer; but because the wife is uncomfortable with the OS and Open Office the Mac is a nice compromise. The other key thing (for me at least) is when it comes to the 64 bit OS curve Mac is WAY ahead of Windows. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the next iteration of OS-X goes 64 bit native.
I understand the want to run *nix. I'd like to run one, but all my programs that I use require a native windows environment (Serato, Vegas, and Audition), and whatever games I play.
I'm running Win 7 64, and aside from a few driver hiccups, I haven't had any issues that weren't PEBCAK/ID10T errors.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
I'm up big in poker right now.
probably just jinxed it though.

Pieper

I post on a forum filled with assholes.
Does anyone actually spank to those XXX Parodies or is it more to laugh at, like the ones on HBOZN?
There is a Seinfeld one on Spankwire that is pretty cool.

Hoffman

I stopped playing tourneys and just started sitting at tables.
I win a LOT more.

plus, you get more money quicker.
Now that Charlestown Races has table games I may find myself playing more live poker.

thereturn

Is deriosa really arguing that sprint has better service?

Oh and only the rest of the world uses SIM cards

Yeah I forgot they only have 4G in podunk areas

Hoffman

Is deriosa really arguing that sprint has better service?

Oh and only the rest of the world uses SIM cards

Yeah I forgot they only have 4G in podunk areas
Yeah, and even Verizon is going to SIM cards with their 4G network.

thereturn

Yeah, and even Verizon is going to SIM cards with their 4G network.
What I have loved is all the verizon people touting how superior the CDMA network is when none of them realize the rest of the civilized world is on GSM and only 3rd world and really rural places use CDMA.

Also whats funny is that to get 4G(and the iPhone) verizon is having to upgrade their network to GSM then to 4G to get the increased data speeds, it was also funny to see the main reason the iPhone didnt come to verizon first was because they wanted to load their bloat shit on the phone and apple said no.

Im hoping the new blackberry is really good, I just want to get a new phone, I love my iPhone I just cant stand apple and their sanctimonious attitude that they know better than me what I need and what content I should be shielded from.

Hoffman

What I have loved is all the verizon people touting how superior the CDMA network is when none of them realize the rest of the civilized world is on GSM and only 3rd world and really rural places use CDMA.

Also whats funny is that to get 4G(and the iPhone) verizon is having to upgrade their network to GSM then to 4G to get the increased data speeds, it was also funny to see the main reason the iPhone didnt come to verizon first was because they wanted to load their bloat shit on the phone and apple said no.

Im hoping the new blackberry is really good, I just want to get a new phone, I love my iPhone I just cant stand apple and their sanctimonious attitude that they know better than me what I need and what content I should be shielded from.
Verizon's network being superior to AT&T's has nothing to do with the technology being used to transmit the signals.

thereturn

Verizon's network being superior to AT&T's has nothing to do with the technology being used to transmit the signals.
I know, but simpleton's dont realize that, using old technology does limit their options though which is why they are having to upgrade now.

Verizons network isnt really superior though, it may be better in some areas but most of the places I travel ATT's is better and has been for years, its why my old company switched to ATT since they had been having to pay for my cell phone bill every month when they never could get the sprint/verizon work phones to get coverage.

Uggh I will quit talking about work shit now.

Steam

Can Forrest Griffin step over Anthony any more? Calm down, buddy.

Popeye Gaga is so incredible that I am shocked nobody thought of it before this...

The gaga bit someone ripped and put up on Youtube for your convenience. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOOQxVwdZg[/media]

ZeoVGM

I am awesome. You are not.
Can't say I found Patrice doing Gaga as funny as some of you. It was amusing though.

Either way I was glad he was there to keep Ant from going off on his stupid political rants.

MadHadderall

Nice, Patrice and DeRosa to open the show.
I Just saw Patrice 1 hour ago and He was amazing... Next time he visits, i'm going Every! Single! Night! His set was so specific to 2nite's audience. He's truly a superior talent among comedians, by far.