O&A listening thread 7-11-2013 - Sharknado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
James Cromwell and David Spade! This is going to be the best show of '94!

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Irony: Opie getting uncomfortable about his guest telling tall tales.

And honestly, it doesn't make other people uncomfortable when you constantly tell other people how uncomfortable you're getting.

"I'm heating up at so uncomfortable I'm getting!"

May 8, 2009
Bawferston
Why is this audio so tinny and echoey? Are they playing this back on Ants Ipod?
That's pretty much how old shows/videos sound. I download them all the time.. it sucks because there are some great bits out there that playback like shit, making them not worth listening to.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
That's pretty much how old shows/videos sound. I download them all the time.. it sucks because there are some great bits out there that playback like shit, making them not worth listening to.
They downloaded this from a fan site? Don't they have this stuff archived?

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
They downloaded this from a fan site? Don't they have this stuff archived?

They did, but then Steve asked for some money because he had been hosting their website and videos for free for years and couldn't afford it anymore.

They said no.

So there was beef, he quit/got fired. Later he died.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Maybe Cera's people heard clips of Opie trashing him for the last few months.....

May 8, 2009
Bawferston
They did, but then Steve asked for some money because he had been hosting their website and videos for free for years and couldn't afford it anymore.

They said no.

So there was beef, he quit/got fired. Later he died.
I heard a different version of the same story. He was essentially asking for money to give them access to their own shows. Holding them hostage so to speak.

But, yeah, he is still dead.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Another irony: Anthony hating graduation speeches when he has never attended one personally.

Well, maybe his dates'...

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
I heard a different version of the same story. He was essentially asking for money to give them access to their own shows. Holding them hostage so to speak.

But, yeah, he is still dead.

Yeah, it goes both ways.

He said I filmed these videos on my personal equipment and hosted them on my website at my expense, that is why I have my logo on it.

They countered with: it's us on the video.

I can see both sides, but in the end I think he should have been paid. They were making huge money and the radio stations were billion dollar companies, and nobody wanted to pay the guy who was doing this at his expense.

He was getting paid to be a producer for the show, but webhosting storage and video bandwidth is expensive. They should have covered those costs.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Yeah, it goes both ways.

He said I filmed these videos on my personal equipment and hosted them on my website at my expense, that is why I have my logo on it.

They countered with: it's us on the video.

I can see both sides, but in the end I think he should have been paid. They were making huge money and the radio stations were billion dollar companies, and nobody wanted to pay the guy who was doing this at his expense.

He was getting paid to be a producer for the show, but webhosting storage and video bandwidth is expensive. They should have covered those costs.
To be fair, it does seem the show itself is so cheap, it won't fund an official website. In a way, they're lucky social media came along, making it so they can put up their own content.

A properly hosted website is expensive, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.