O&A Listening Thread 9-17-12: Football Guru Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Maybe Opie didn't go to Amy Schumer's party because he's worried Amy's going to replace him on the show. Right?

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
So it's ATT's fault that Opie didn't pay his bill and didn't answer their calls. It's also their fault for being "rude" by saying he should have paid his bill while he was cussing them out.

Seems legit to me.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
So it's ATT's fault that Opie didn't pay his bill and didn't answer their calls. It's also their fault for being "rude" by saying he should have paid his bill while he was cussing them out.

Seems legit to me.

Its also their fault for not knowing to automatically update his email address

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
The Opester doesn't understand the success of The Kardashians, yet he still watches.

To answer why Gregg, look within yourself.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Well, it is a Monday so we are going to get some hard hitting and insightful commentary about the New York Jets game.

"Yeah, I didn't watch the game. I had The View and Honey Boo Boo Tivo'd."

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Who the fuck is this hack?

Only the greatest comedian in the history of all things comical, at least according to lots of comedians: Bill Hicks.

He died in 94 so all of his material is dated, but then it wasn't "hack", it was "edgy"

Because lots of it was political to the time, it doesn't stand up.

Close Talker

Aug 24, 2012
Washington, D.C.
The Opester doesn't understand the success of The Kardashians, yet he still watches.

To answer why Gregg, look within yourself.
Whoa, deep like deep tracks. But not too deep because I don't understand why it has to be soo deep (even though it's called deep tracks)

KyleDriver

Aug 17, 2012
Only the greatest comedian in the history of all things comical, at least according to lots of comedians: Bill Hicks.

He died in 94 so all of his material is dated, but then it wasn't "hack", it was "edgy"

Because lots of it was political to the time, it doesn't stand up.
The misanthrope themes in his routine is too much for the simpletons in society.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Bill Hicks is the most overrated comic in the history of laughter. If he didn't die he'd be a nobody today.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
They're not going to pass over Prince Charles.

Don't be stupid.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
They're not going to pass over Prince Charles.

Don't be stupid.

I thought he couldn't be king because he's divorced and married to a divorced woman, that's why his grand uncle abdicated & Elizabeth's father became king

English Gent

Feb 15, 2005
Bill Hicks is the most overrated comic in the history of laughter. If he didn't die he'd be a nobody today.
I don't agree with that, but the piece that played was very, very dated. I assumed it was someone's current routine, hence the 'hack' comment.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
I thought he couldn't be king because he's divorced and married to a divorced woman, that's why his grand uncle abdicated & Elizabeth's father became king
That was over 70 years ago. They've come a long way since then. If it were "official" that Prince Charles would never be king, it would be news.

English Gent

Feb 15, 2005
There's no issue whatsoever with Charles divorcing and remarrying. The issue with Edward and Mrs. Simpson was that at that time it was still scandalous for a woman to divorce, let alone remarry. Edward didn't abdicate for constitutional reasons, but he felt compelled to do so because of how scandalous the whole thing was.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
That was over 70 years ago. They've come a long way since then. If it were "official" that Prince Charles would never be king, it would be news.

Maybe Loki can fill us in on the rules of succession for the British throne - I should learn them if I'm ever going to become a citizen of Belize

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
There's no issue whatsoever with Charles divorcing and remarrying. The issue with Edward and Mrs. Simpson was that at that time it was still scandalous for a woman to divorce, let alone remarry. Edward didn't abdicate for constitutional reasons, but he felt compelled to do so because of how scandalous the whole thing was.
That.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Maybe Loki can fill us in on the rules of succession for the British throne - I should learn them if I'm ever going to become a citizen of Belize
Rule #1. Inbreed
Rule #2. Don't talk about rule #1

Status
Not open for further replies.