O&A mentioned in a comic book....

hypes

Flying over your heads
So, I've been pretty sick for the last 3 weeks (in and out of the hosptial with pneumonia of all things), and my wifey was nice enough to bring me a bunch of my comic books. One batch she brought along was the Daredevil storyarc that Brian Michael Bendis wrote (where the Kingpin "dies").

This storyarc was written around 2002, and (something I had never noticed before today) was in Issue #26 O&A's name are mentioned in a blurb (to summarize the story, this guy blows a bomb up outside a courthouse and Matt Murdock/Daredevil is chasing him thru Manhattan and the blast has thrown off his doplar hearing sense and he is hearing all kinds of things, one of which is "Opie and Anthony will be...").

I don't know if this meant that Brian or maybe Alex Maleev (the artist) were fans, but I thought it was pretty cool....judging by the date it was published, this woulda been issued while they were still at WNEW. I also didn't know if anyone else knew about this (I along with Patton Oswalt are probably the World's Last Greatest Comic Book Geeks), but I thought I'd share for y'all.

If you really wanna see it, I can scan the page once I've been discharged from the hospital so y'all can view it....or you can go down to your local B&N/book store and find the hard cover graphic novel (the name of it is "Daredevil #2" (issues #26-37)).

OK....nurse says it is time for drugs to make me sleepie...

-s h

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I've seen it and while it is nothing spectacular, if you could scan the page and post it online would be a nice.

I don't know about Daredevil, but that Beetle Bailey really makes me laugh!!!!!!

MJMANDALAY

Nice Find

Looking foward to the scan

Hope your feeling better

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
Too funny!

alt130

Frunkis.net
Heh, that was some randomness alright. That is a cool reference though, I certainly wouldn't mind being mentioned in a comic book.

blakesnake00

The name is Snake.
seeing that in into 2 ambian crs and 5 50 mg unisoms ,i just dont get it anyhelp to old chicken farmer in the dark on the comic tyvm

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Thanks for the scan, but the god damn pop ups. Use photobucket already....

i have that issue. i recently bought the collected hardcover trade paperback of that and many other issues. i forgot i had read that many years ago. back when they wer eon WNEW.

stupidtom

NAMBLA's favorite son
That userpic rocks. Ichi The Killer is one of the greatest movies ever!

hypes

Flying over your heads
Thanks for putting up the scan....sounds like I might be staying here in the ole' hospital for a lil' longer than expected...

The whole Brian Michael Bendis storyline about Matt Murdoch going to jail is great...then again, I'm a huge comic book geek so my opinion is a bit biased.

-s h

Just watch the movie if you really want to be weirded out :)
I know right :) I'm surprised how many people have seen this movie.

And make sure it's the Director's Cut too
i have that. i love the scene where Ichi is about to "save" the woman that is being ***** but not before he jerks off and we get to see cum. of course he saves her kills the man, literally cuts him in half with the razors that pop out of his boots, and then he proceeds to kill the woman. gotta love when he gives a roundhouse kick with his razorblade feet to her jugular :haha7:

How about when Kaikihara cuts off his entire tongue to apologize to the Yakuza. or when they put a broads bare breast on a glass table and in one fell swoop cut off her nipples with a katana.

btw for those of you have seen the movie, here's an interesting Fun Fact: in the beginning scene when something that resembles cum drips down the screen...it is cum. The director Miike Takashi handed out a bucket to the actor who played the old man who really is a musclebound murder machine, and he came in it but not enough to fill the bucket so Miike took the bucket and gave it to three production guys and they took turns going into the break room and jerking off into it :icon_eek:

Btw i would suggest anyone to read Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil. an instant classic. Also read Frank Millers legendary run on that title.

Thanks for putting up the scan....sounds like I might be staying here in the ole' hospital for a lil' longer than expected...

The whole Brian Michael Bendis storyline about Matt Murdoch going to jail is great...then again, I'm a huge comic book geek so my opinion is a bit biased.

-s h
eh dorkiest thing i will ever say but: i believe that was Ed Brubaker's first arc "Devil in cell block D". Where Foggy Nelson gets murdered. Thats now been collected in Daredevil. Vol 1. "The Devil, Inside and Out". Bendis' run ended at the collected hardcover 6 i believe. The last volume he did was called "The Murdock Papers" it was Vol. 13.

hypes

Flying over your heads
eh dorkiest thing i will ever say but: i believe that was Ed Brubaker's first arc "Devil in cell block D". Where Foggy Nelson gets murdered. Thats now been collected in Daredevil. Vol 1. "The Devil, Inside and Out". Bendis' run ended at the collected hardcover 6 i believe. The last volume he did was called "The Murdock Papers" it was Vol. 13.
Your probably right...keep in mind I'm on pretty strong meds right now...

Your probably right...keep in mind I'm on pretty strong meds right now...
aww sweet saccharine kisses, i hope you feel better! what other comics do you read? are you a marvel or DC guy? when it comes to superheros im a marvel zombie but i mainly read Dc's vertigo titles now

Yeah i read that, lilconnor. Brian K. Vaughn is the shit. Do you remember what issue it was? If not i guess i'll have to pull out all of the tpb's and scan through them.

Haborym

I stink and I don't like me.
There was a reference to Mayor Bennington in the last issue or two of Ex Machina by BKV.