Status
Not open for further replies.

badmotherfarker

Howard's Ballwasher.
Apr 26, 2006
Allan Sniffen is reporting that O&A are about to be bounced from Philly:

http://www.musicradio77.com/wwwboard/messages/325990.html

His quote:

"I'm hearing O&A may be out at WYSP in Philadelphia soon. That's significant in that Philalphia is almost as close to their home station as K-Rock in New York.

It's not looking good for O&A on CBS-Radio these days and I don't say that with any happiness. I really wanted them to get the AM Drive slot on FreeFM two years ago and predicted big success.

And you all know how much I "love" to be wrong :). "

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

His quote:

"I'm hearing O&A may be out at WYSP in Philadelphia soon. That's significant in that Philalphia is almost as close to their home station as K-Rock in New York.

It's not looking good for O&A on CBS-Radio these days and I don't say that with any happiness. I really wanted them to get the AM Drive slot on FreeFM two years ago and predicted big success.

Allan needs spellcheck!

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Philalphia.... the OTHER Philly.

May 25, 2003
Schwenksville, PA
This is really obvious, Kidd Chris has been taking shots at all the morning personalities in town lately. You can see he is gearing up for taking on all the other morning shows in philly. He even referred to his "Cream Team" to be in spring training.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
it seems like every market now wants local talk in the morning...maybe this is the beginning of the syndicated morning show...i know O&A want to talk to the biggest audience possible, and i think they have been great since adjusting to the rules of regular radio, but maybe either new york/xm or xm only is the future....and zombies dont even think that if howard came back that everyone would be running to there radios....howards numbers were dropping before he left....it may be that if you keep the show local your not a target of the fcc and the company isnt going to be a strict with there restrictions which means a show like kidd chris can do more and be more outrageous the O&A can

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
this would be bad and unfortunate.but as long as more and more things arent allowed to be said, or even referenced on regular radio(asshole lawyers), you better be prepared for marbles being rolled down the art mueseum steps, and britney spears song parody hilarity.i think the reason preston and steve are beating o&a is because they play plenty of music, because it certainly isnt to listen to any of their stunts.and if kid chris does get the am slot, i think he will do the same thing, this way ysp can say that the music is back all the time. then,imo,kidd chris will destroy them in the ratings.
as long as o&a will still be on xm, its gonna be o-kaaaayyyyy!!!! (as least thats what harvey keitel says)

fuck regular radio already.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
Dr. Sniffen was the first to report that they would RETURN to regular radio. I hope he doesn't go 2-for-2, but at the same time, he's prolly right.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
I wonder if they would take O&A off completely or move them to the 3 to 7 afternoon slot that Kidd Chris now does.

May 25, 2003
Schwenksville, PA
I doubt that, why put them on tape delay. It's not gonna help the ratings.

I know this has been said many times, but maybe they would be better in the afternoons?

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
Oct 4, 2004
way to go alan! breaking news that broke three weeks ago!!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I still disagree with the idea that people want "local" talk. Look at how the AM talk stations are set up. 90% of them have the exact same lineup. It's Glenn Beck, Rush, Hannity and Savage on about 500 stations, and they're basically the top 4 shows on the radio. The same approach WILL work for FM talk i they'd just give it a shot for more than a year. They need to run a lineup like O&A leading into R&F, then someone like Kidd Chris and finish up with whatever show is big in the 7-11 pm slot. Put this same exact lineup on 50-100 stations in the biggest markets and watch what happens.

GoodDaySir

25 points a 2 point conversion & eternal damnation
Aug 18, 2005
Spreading the virus down south
I dunno...you have to wonder why XM would shell out all of that cash to build this brand new studio for five hours of programming a day (two for O&A and three for R&F). Hell, make it two hours as that station's bread and butter are O&A anyway. This had to have been in the works months ago with XM knowing full well. I support the boys in whatever they do, the selfish part of me does want them to go XM only again. Maybe it's coming.

May 25, 2003
Schwenksville, PA
I did enjoy the XM only show.

Maybe that is coming, but then we will have to hear all the haters saying that they failed....

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They tried that in Philly, it didn't work.

Wasn't that called FreeFm?
No they didn't do it the way I suggest. Free FM in Philly had O&A, Barsky, Kidd Chris and two jerkoffs from the Jersey Shore. Free FM in New York had O&A, Cabbie, Ron and Fez, Jim Cramer, the guy from Penn and Teller that talks, and god knows what else. Free FM in Los Angeles had a completely different lineup.

What I am suggesting is that the Free FM format should have been UNIFORM across the whole country. When you can talk to your friends about a show it helps spread the word. With the internet and other forms of instant long distance communication, the world is too small for local radio to work. Think about the last time you talked to a friend in another state about your favorite TV show. Chances are you both watched it at the same time, on the same network. Why should radio be any different? Now think of the last time you talked to someone who lives in a non O&A market about O&A. They don't even know what you're talking about half the time. If the lineup selected were put on at least 50 stations in the 50 biggest markets, every single show on the lineup would be a success.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey

His quote:

Gloat on asshole, it was only predicted like three weeks ago. :icon_roll

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
Regarding afternoons vs. mornings: The NEW afternoon show and to a large extent, the XM only show, has a great feel of guys hanging out shooting the shit. IMO, it plays better in afternoons because people were getting off work and ready to relax and laugh on their drive home. The CBS show, I feel, is too forced with bits, commercials and restrictions to really get that vibe.

May 25, 2003
Schwenksville, PA
Regarding afternoons vs. mornings: The NEW afternoon show and to a large extent, the XM only show, has a great feel of guys hanging out shooting the shit. IMO, it plays better in afternoons because people were getting off work and ready to relax and laugh on their drive home. The CBS show, I feel, is too forced with bits, commercials and restrictions to really get that vibe.

I think you are exactly right, it had a different feeling to it.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I am shocked still by this news,,,again heard it a while ago, but still shocked. I can say I don't see them leaving Boston,,,BCN loves them and has no plans to change anything,,,"the rock of Boston," will always be morning talk, and the patriots rock radio. The mid-day will always be music and the 3-7 spot will always be talk/music unless O and A wan't to go from 3-7...that's the only reason they changed formats= it was for O and A, back a few years ago pre sex for sam.

Shit down here on Cape Cod o and a have there own station= PIXY, so they must be doing great in Mass considering they are on two stations. Bcn comes in down here in parts of the cape, but not in others. Regardless of where you are there is no missing o and a around here,,,that has to say something about the sucess or the confidence of future sucess right?

Is this Kidd Chris guy shitting on the bboooys? I have heard he's friends of the show but you never know....D.T.A., behind closed doors,,,fuck I still don't trust toucher and rich, I even think they had some assholes come onto this board and say how great they are...again D.T.A., in this buisness. Fuck em all.

May 25, 2003
Schwenksville, PA
Kidd Chris is a stern boy but I have never heard him say anything bad about the boys. He always says he doesn't want to get involved in millionaires fighting.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
i agree with don plus i think a HUGE problem is CBS themselves maybe if the freefm type format was anchored by abc or something it would work better, cbs doesn't seem to know what the fuck they are doing anymore in radio. all those shows (hannity, rush etc.) are on abc right?

Status
Not open for further replies.