O&A Slowly leaving FM a marketing ploy??

Brokeback Jimmy

Laundering your Swastikas since 1912
Jan 30, 2006
Ok, call me a conspiracy theorist, but it seems a bit odd to me that O&A are leaving all these FM stations whey they're getting decent numbers.

Philly, Chicago, Florida, and now the BCN rumor.

Conspiracy theory proposed:

Did XM enter into a short term deal with CBS and Citadel to bring O&A back for a short period of time, and then pull them off the air in as some sort of marketing ploy?

Or am I smoking crack.....

M

mouthpoop

They loaned out O & A with 2% interest.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Whole corporations don't work that slowly. It was the fact that regional areas are under their own management and can make their own decisions.

My theory is that it is more ego boosting for regional stations to have a radio show from their city than get one syndicated to it as well as previous relationships influencing decisions.

What's the point in being a GM/PM if you have barely anything to do? Fiddling.

Also past relationships may have influenced decisions.

BOUGHTONII

Aug 10, 2001
long island
WOW somebody still believes the suits are intelligent. i will never stop being amazed.

NortonsGravyLeg

Aug 20, 2005
Phoenix
Opie did mention that one of the new "business model" was to give the stations more autonomy so these things are sad for us they aren't very surprising. How many years did these stations stay under the thumb of Stern.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
Sep 14, 2004
South Jersey
Ok, call me a conspiracy theorist, but it seems a bit odd to me that O&A are leaving all these FM stations whey they're getting decent numbers.

Philly, Chicago, Florida, and now the BCN rumor.

Did XM enter into a short term deal with CBS and Citadel to bring O&A back for a short period of time, and then pull them off the air in as some sort of marketing ploy?

skione

OA Fan From Way Back!
Nov 17, 2005
Your Mom's Box
definately crack

to be honest I wish OnA were off FM and back on XM exclusively.

ktfo22

Knocked the F--- Out
Mar 23, 2007
New Jersey
To answer the OP, I read over on the Radio Dentist board, that their deal was only for 2 years.

I wouldn't call that "short" nor a ploy.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The FM show simply isn't a good fit for all the markets. The dead hour from 9-10, the fact that a large portion of the audience is listening on XM, the constant references to and commercials for XM, and of course that they are syndicated in the first place. Not exactly a local PD's dream morning show.

And stay off the crack.

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
Do people post any random thought that goes through their heads here?

You have to know it is because they are sick of having a national audience and want to do NY only.

HoagieFromBayshore

now I'll be heard
Wackbag Staff
Sep 19, 2007
Just out of curiousity....how did you manage to start this thread with a glass pipe in one hand and a torch in the other?

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
A little bit of baking soda, A drible of water, an el producdo cigar tube, bic lighter and a gram of coke, and wala, your on crack

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Cough, cough.

That would mean they would have foreseen the Imus thing, Dan Mason taking over and giving more autonomy to local PD's. Besides that, they would have also been taking a huge risk that they could've taken off on CBS and said goodbye to XM.

I guess the "on steroids" gag didn't sound as good?

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamone....lock up this thread and ship it off to moonachie. Lingerrr Longerrr.

Oh yeah lay off the crack!