O&A, the Jesus Christ of radio

Brokeback Jimmy

Laundering your Swastikas since 1912
A long time ago, when listening to the XM show, I remember a listener calling in telling the boys that they would be fired once again before their career was up. He said these things happen in 3's, and that O&A had been fired twice all ready, and the 3rd time was coming.

That got me to thinking, and finally using 12 years in Catholic school for something other than an excuse for drinking my childhood memories into repression. According to a really cool Wikipedia article, and relying somewhat on memory I remembered that:

During his walk to crucifixion, Christ fell 3 times.

The boys have "fallen" 3 times. At WNEW, On WXRK, and on XM.

Christ was on the cross with 2 other people (3 total people). The show has 3 main personalities (Opie, Anthony, & Li'l Jimmy).

Everyone thought Christ was dead. Three days later, he (supposedly) rose from the grave.

Everyone thought O&A were fired, but 30 days later it's clear they're returning to XM.

On June 15th, the O&A show rises from the grave. Back from almost certain death. The ONLY show in the history of radio to be suspended and NOT be fired.

Therefore, by the power invested in me by a bottle of Old Grand Dad and a Sig Sauer P229, I hereby declare O&A the Jesus Christ of radio....

T

TheWhitePatrice

Made me chuckle.

Oppoman

The Douche of Baggery
I want my 30 seconds back from reading this thread.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
this is odd. i just did a opie christ photoshop.

K

knightoffrunkis

So then HOO HOO is the devil?

Fr. Dougal

A long time ago, when listening to the XM show, I remember a listener calling in telling the boys that they would be fired once again before their career was up. He said these things happen in 3's, and that O&A had been fired twice all ready, and the 3rd time was coming.

That got me to thinking, and finally using 12 years in Catholic school for something other than an excuse for drinking my childhood memories into repression. According to a really cool Wikipedia article, and relying somewhat on memory I remembered that:

During his walk to crucifixion, Christ fell 3 times.

The boys have "fallen" 3 times. At WNEW, On WXRK, and on XM.

Christ was on the cross with 2 other people (3 total people). The show has 3 main personalities (Opie, Anthony, & Li'l Jimmy).

Everyone thought Christ was dead. Three days later, he (supposedly) rose from the grave.

Everyone thought O&A were fired, but 30 days later it's clear they're returning to XM.

On June 15th, the O&A show rises from the grave. Back from almost certain death. The ONLY show in the history of radio to be suspended and NOT be fired.

Therefore, by the power invested in me by a bottle of Old Grand Dad and a Sig Sauer P229, I hereby declare O&A the Jesus Christ of radio....
This sounds like something a Stern fan would have said about Hoo Hoo 15 years ago.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
and....

you were the third person to reply!! :icon_eek::icon_eek:
Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Brokeback Jimmy

Laundering your Swastikas since 1912
This sounds like something a Stern fan would have said about Hoo Hoo 15 years ago.
I don't really believe it, just kinda popped in my head while I was in an alcohol induced stupor.

Thought it was good for a laugh, that's all.......

Oh, and any chance to poke fun at my religious upbringing....

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
Isn't The Church of Opie a web site? Maybe someone beat you to it. Personally, I think it's all bullshit because they were talking about how everyone, guys especially, just want to go to bed after sex; so, no second coming for them!

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
hey now, with a blonde like that in that image, you shouldhave used the nsfw tags

Holy shit. I just noticed something staring at that .gif a little longer. If you look carefully, you can se ethe letters O, N, and A flashing across the middle. The A is the easist to find. Once you see that, look to the left of it and you will see the N. Then the O is in the fourth row of stuff

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
hey now, with a blonde like that in that image, you shouldhave used the nsfw tags

Holy shit. I just noticed something staring at that .gif a little longer. If you look carefully, you can se ethe letters O, N, and A flashing across the middle. The A is the easist to find. Once you see that, look to the left of it and you will see the N. Then the O is in the fourth row of stuff

That is weird I see it too.

So then HOO HOO is the devil?
And Hoo Hoo is the devil, all those sneaky Jews are spawns of Satan. They keep a nice lawn though.

highway23

I miss NY wings
jesus...it's a good thing I'm not drunk right now...

that's fucked up

FredThe4thMic

Censorship goes Cumsies
3 times...3 days...30 days...opie and ant...ten letters...da vinci...24...

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
jesus...it's a good thing I'm not drunk right now...

that's fucked up
i actually wish I was drunk when I saw that. then I would have an exxcuse for staring at the matrix image for so damn long

Id much rather stern be jesus, and me and the rest of my tribe string him up and give him the business again

alt130

Frunkis.net
I think you meant WAAF, WNEW, and XM for the stumbles. :p WFNY/WXRK haven't fucked them over... yet.