OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Obama Administration creating hundreds of jobs!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

In Finland
    YAY!

Oh, and these great "green" cars get... 20 MPG!

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

3. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I love when the government uses my tax dollars to distort the economy. It always works out well.

4. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

I smell a partying rooster.

5. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I don't know. The article seems to contradict itself.

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

They're going to power the plant with Solyndra solar panels.

7. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

How can anyone still defend the fiscal policy of our piece of shit federal government?

8. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

Are the 500 manufacturing jobs in Finland because Fisker didn't have to pay American Auto Worker Union rates?

9. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

These must be magic cars! I guess they will sell themselves, perform maintenance on themselves, create parts for themselves and advertise themselves all without a single contribution from an American worker! Thanks Obama!

10. ruckstande

ruckstande Posts mostly from the shitter.

Will not add jobs. Just more work. Potentially.

11. The Godfather

The Godfather Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

considering these are $110,000 cars.. I don't think there's going to be much advertising going on, or maintenance being performed.

These things are going to be sitting in heated garages for 5 months out of the year.

How many Lamborghini commericals and advertisements have you seen lately? How many Ferrari dealerships have you drove past with dozens and dozens of sailspersons soliciting test-drives?

12. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Hell, that's a great fiscal plan! Why not give half a billion to EVERY foreign company and HOPE that MAYBE they will create some jobs in America. We should make Mayr the "Great Ideas For The Economy Czar".

13. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Iz called trolling:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. MayrMeninoCrash

Whether these things cost more than a Ferrari or not, is the number of jobs being created for Americans by this new car company selling vehicles in America more or less than zero?

15. MayrMeninoCrash

I don't consider it defending when I'm merely pointing out the retardedness of everyones Obama-derangement-syndrome on this board.

16. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

You'll all have to forgive Mayr...he still has a valid subscription to the 2011 Obama Talking Point And Terminology Guide and receives periodic updates.

And one of the latest updates to the guide is the elimination of "jobs funded with stimulus dollars", which is basically what the loan guarantee program is, stimulus.

You see, we started with "3-4 million jobs saved or created within 24 months after passage of the February 2009 stimulus". And when people caught on and realized that projection was a bold faced lie...the guide was updated in January 2010 to "3-4 million jobs have been funded with stimulus dollars". That wasn't deceptive enough, so they just changed the term again to "jobs that are supported with stimulus dollars".

And that is basically what Mayr is talking about. Give a car company $500M and then tally the number of employees that work at the dealerships, the auto repair shops, gas stations, ad agency employees, parts supplier...and you've got potentially MILLIONS of jobs supported just by this one $500M loan guarantee. That sounds like a sweet deal for the American taxpayer, doesn't it? Until, ya know, you use common sense...if you're at all capable. :icon_cool

17. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

That's what I was thinking.

I wonder if the whole Solyndra debacle influenced their decision. So instead of paying high labor costs and dooming the profitability of the company, they went elsewhere for the production of this. Still fucked up.

Something doesn't smell right with this story though, like we're not given all the details. Are the Finland cars only for sale in Europe? It says they still plan on reopening the Delaware plant, so are they in need of quick capital from European sales where there's less regulatory burden? Another article I read on this said production has been stalled here in the U.S. because of that. But hey, Leo got his new green trophy to show off to all his Hollywood buddies, so it's all good....

18. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Are you on the dope? "whaa"

Salesperson is the correct term, sir.

19. The Godfather

no, im talking about the sailors

20. caniseeyourtaint

caniseeyourtaint Passive agressive douche

ftfy

21. The Godfather

The number of jobs this creates is going to be so low a figger, there will exist a stat in the future along the lines of "$2.65 million dollars for each domestic job created"

It's the whole 'cost-benefit analysis' debacle that has our entire country frozen at the moment.

In Connecticut, is it worth it for the state government "invest" (i'll use your lingo) $300 milllion dollars to create 300 non-profit, non-tax yielding jobs in 10-20 years? (the rate of $1 million per job, for jobs that mostly won't exist until 10,15,20 years down the line)

(http://www.theday.com/article/20111021/NWS12/310219951/1018)

Is it worth it to invest $35 Billion dollars, so 2 million unemployed teachers can be hired for 3 days use?

Should we invest $200 Million so we can increase every teachers yearly pay by $5?

When the federalis are $15 Trillion in debt, there better be a MASSIVE return on any "investment" being made. That's the point im trying to make with my exaggerated examples.

22. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The unemployment number is higher today than it was on Jan 20, 2009

That means not only has the been zero job creation, but that there has been a reduction in jobs

Thanks Barry

23. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

How do they figure out how much it will cost to "create" jobs? It seems like they just make this shit up as they go along.

24. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

When Obama loses in 2012 and is a lame duck with no concern about his political future, he could put in a thawb, strap on a turban, toss a burqa on Michelle, and declare that he's been an Islamic fundamentalist all along - Mayr would be here defending him.

25. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I can tell you one thing for certain. Not a damn thing has been done to that Wilmington plant. I used to live half a mile from it. Its a fucking dead zone.