Obama Administration spent tax money to buy Obama's book.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
I don't even really give a shit about the books being bought. I'm sure it's happened for other politicians before and I'm sure it'll happen in the future but to dismiss a perfectly valid point like "the guy ran, and was elected, on the promise of change so the business as usual pocketing of tax payer money by selling his book to government agencies is bullshit" by saying it was just meaningless campaign slogan is just down right retarded.
In the end, yeah, it's not alot of money to get all worked up about. But alot of it is based on the fact that this guy promised to have this open, honest, transparent administration where all information is open and available for analysis and even criticism. This administration has been the complete opposite, and alot on the left and the ones that were saying, "yeah, ya know, this guy is going to run things way better than past Presidents!" are ignoring every bit of hypocritical bullshit this administration throws out there. Oh and it's not the first time Magicbob pulled out the "you're just cherry-picking quotes to try to prove your bullshit point" nonsense. He tried to make that claim a few months ago when we were talking about the stimulus, and it made him look ridiculous. He obviously doesn't learn, but message board trolls rarely ever do.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Look at what these fucking VANDALS threw on my lawn this morning, i'm getting tired of my property being sullied.

You sick bastard.
Thank you. I really needed a good laugh tonight, and this gave it to me.

Josh_R

assuming that's true, it should be easy to point me to your outrage thread here about spending $2.9b on an f-35 engine we don't need.
FACE!
It may have taken me two hours to find it, but I knew I had already commented on it.
http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php/138060-But-Bush-Cheney-Haliburton....etcc/page2
Whether or not you agree with Ron Paul, you have to admit that by every standard that we use to judge our politicians, he is the best. Anytime there is an argument about what pieces of shit politicians are, he is not included.
We have 10x the amount of weapons of the 10 next largest armies in this world put together. Our battles are against savages driving pickup trucks, yet we still need to keep Congresscritters' districts happy by buying billions of dollars of unnecessary weapons and using them in unnecessary wars. And the supposedly fiscal conservatives have no problem with this blatant waste of taxpayer money because "THE CONSTITUTION".
http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0111/012111nj1.htm
Defense Secretary Robert Gates, his finger to the political winds, is trying to stave off deep cuts to the Pentagon's budget by preemptively axing tens of billions of dollars of expensive -- and potentially unnecessary -- weapons systems.
But the Defense chief is quickly discovering how hard it is to get members of Congress to sign off on actually cutting funding for the programs, particularly if the weapons are built in a lawmaker's home district or state. The overall Pentagon budget is no longer untouchable, which is itself an enormous change from past years. Many specific military procurement programs, by contrast, will almost certainly survive Gates' concerted push to kill them off.
The next-generation Medium Extended Air Defense System, for example, is continuing to receive hundreds of millions of dollars in government funding despite an internal Army report that blisteringly concluded that MEADS was ill-suited to defending troops from the kinds of attacks they were likely to face now or in the near future.

The system would not "address current and emerging threats, a critical shortfall," the Army wrote in the February 2010 report, which was obtained last year by Defense Daily. "Current Army position is: Terminate MEADS."
But MEADS, which is designed to shoot down short-range missiles, has not been terminated. On the contrary, workers are continuing to test rough prototypes of the system, which is supposed to replace the Patriot missile-defense systems that earned widespread public acclaim during the first Persian Gulf War.
"The program is absolutely under active development," said Marty Coyne, the director of business development for MEADS International. "We've been focused on the contract. [The Army review] had no impact."
Lt. Col. Alayne Conway, an Army spokeswoman, said, "No [Defense Department] decision has been made on the future status of the program."
The MEADS saga highlights the challenges facing Gates as he prepares to make the kinds of tough budgetary choices that the Pentagon has long been able to avoid. The defense budget has doubled in real terms since 2001, but Gates has been warning audiences for months that those boom times are ending.
Earlier this month, the Defense secretary said he would save $78 billion over the next five years by capping -- and then eliminating -- the rate of growth in the military budget.
Beyond those cuts, Gates wants to free up more than $154 billion in funding for reinvestment elsewhere within the Pentagon by modestly shrinking the size of the Army and Marine Corps and by axing expensive -- and unproven -- weapons systems such as the Marines' Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. An array of outside analysts believes that the Defense secretary will eventually have no choice but to also cancel or significantly cut back pricey weapons such as the V-22 Osprey (a tilt-wing aircraft that can take off like a helicopter and fly like a plane) and the Navy's next-generation Zumwalt-class destroyer.
Gates' Pentagon press conference announcing those cuts was front-page news across the country and received extensive cable-news coverage. Far less attention has been paid to the powerful lawmakers from both parties who are already mobilizing to save the programs.
The Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle is built in Ohio, and a trio of lawmakers from the state -- Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown, Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur, and Republican Rep. Jim Jordan -- wrote a letter to President Obama earlier this month asking him to rebuff Gates and preserve the vehicle.
"Without the EFV, these facilities will be severely downgraded, hurting the local economies and eliminating hundreds of high-paying, high-skilled manufacturing jobs," the three lawmakers wrote. "Protecting these jobs protects the troops we send into harm's way and ensures our nation will be ready to meet a wide range of future threats."
Other lawmakers -- including such prominent Democratic senators as John Kerry of Massachusetts and Patrick Leahy of Vermont -- are working to hand the Defense chief a second defeat by preserving funding for an alternate engine for the F-35 jet fighter, a program Gates has frequently derided as costly and unnecessary.
The plane is intended to maintain U.S. air superiority well into the future, even when put up against next-generation Russian and Chinese planes. The plane's primary developers, Lockheed Martin and Boeing, want to use an engine made by Pratt & Whitney. General Electric, which makes a competing version of the engine, has spent years lobbying lawmakers to appropriate money for developing its engine as well. Gates and senior Air Force officers don't want the GE model, but Congress seems likely to soon appropriate hundreds of millions of dollars in new funding for the alternate engine program.
I think this is different, because Palin (whom I assume you are referencing) is not the one who had the kids out of wedlock. If her daughter had been preaching abstinence, then she would be the hypocrite.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
I don't even really give a shit about the books being bought. I'm sure it's happened for other politicians before and I'm sure it'll happen in the future but to dismiss a perfectly valid point like "the guy ran, and was elected, on the promise of change so the business as usual pocketing of tax payer money by selling his book to government agencies is bullshit" by saying it was just meaningless campaign slogan is just down right retarded.
And saying Obama had anything to do with "selling his book to government agencies" is retarded.

Apparently it was "transparent" enough for the Washington Times to find it, yet they couldn't find what Fox did about the other purchases of Bush's and Clinton's books.

Josh_R

Where the heck is Mr. Menino to receive his public shaming?

MagicBob

You really are the most dishonest, disingenuous bag of wet dog shit I think I've ever come across. So now the whole change thing was just a campaign slogan? You're actually going to sit here and try to claim that Obama got elected based off of anything other than he ran against the party of a very unpopular outgoing President and promised "change" from said unpopular president? You are either a bold faced liar, a complete and utter moron or both.
go have relations with DumbTheFuckers fat mom you shit pile. :D

yes it was campaign slogan, nothing more. Just like "keeping America safe" was nothing more than a slogan.

CousinDave

I think we're all forgetting them most important question:

Just how fat is MagicBob

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
:)

Blame it on the Wackbag search function being a piece of shit.
Put the title of the thread/tags/keywords you're looking for in google and just add wackbag (ex. magicbob blindly defending Obama wackbag) and it works like a charm.

MagicBob

I think we're all forgetting them most important question:

Just how fat is MagicBob

nowhere near as fat as some mom's basement dweller in Ohio, you fat fuck. Go gargle with some cheese whiz again.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
nowhere near as fat as some mom's basement dweller in Ohio, you fat fuck. Go gargle with some cheese whiz again.
Does he swallow the Cheese Whiz or does he spit it out?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Where the heck is Mr. Menino to receive his public shaming?
Right here queer

:)

Blame it on the Wackbag search function being a piece of shit.
Maybe because it wasn't a thread on the F-35 engine, but rather a passing mention in a thread about Dick Cheney. But since you're always the wordsmith, I'm guessing you consider those the same things.

And get a life, 2 HOURS on Wackbag!! You have no room to complain about the Occupiers

no wavey guy for you

Will you do us a favor and answer the question before you get banned? I have a feeling that's going down soon.

So how fat are you?

Josh_R

Right here queer

Maybe because it wasn't a thread on the F-35 engine, but rather a passing mention in a thread about Dick Cheney. But since you're always the wordsmith, I'm guessing you consider those the same things.

And get a life, 2 HOURS on Wackbag!! You have no room to complain about the Occupiers

no wavey guy for you
I believe that the intent of your post was that I was being partisan about my wasteful spending complaints, and you fully expected that I had never mentioned any of the wasteful spending that went on under Bush, or that occurred in the name of national defense. Clearly I had not started a thread about said F-35 engine, I did however post an article all about wasteful military spending. You may mistake me for an Obama FAUXRAGE idiot, but I am outraged over all kinds of government waste, fraud, and abuse.

When I said it took 2 hours to find the thread, it did not literally take 2 hours of constant searching. I am at work, and I get a break every 2 hours. I began thinking about whether I had ever mentioned the F-35 engine during my first break, and eventually found it during my second break. Also, I don't know if I have ever really commented about he OWS crowd, so calling me a hypocrite over it may be an error on your part.

Put the title of the thread/tags/keywords you're looking for in google and just add wackbag (ex. magicbob blindly defending Obama wackbag) and it works like a charm.
Thanks, what really took so long was trying to figure out what to search for.

More importantly: Shouldn't the gerbil insertion device be made of a paper towel core, since Magic Bob's asshole is probably buried under 2 feet of flab?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Here's some more waste Josh hasn't pointed out in any thread.

■Nearly $5,000 of stimulus money to hire goats to graze the weeds at Idaho’s Heyburn State Park;
■$6 billion for ethanol subsidies, which raise food costs;
■$177,000 for Ohio teachers to travel to China to learn about the Chinese “education” system;
■$137,530 for a Dartmouth professor to develop “Layoff,” a video game that encourages its players to fire as many people as quickly as possible;
■$700,000 for New Hampshire researchers to examine “greenhouse gas emission from organic dairies,” which are cause by “cow burps, among other things”;
■$442,340 to study male prostitutes in Vietnam;
■$823,000 to teach South African men how to wash their genitals after sex. (We reported this one earlier this year);
■$55,000 to celebrate HIV Vaccine Awareness Day. Of course, there is no anti-AIDS vaccine, but the “observance is a day to recognize and thank” the professionals “who are working together to find” a cure;
■$571 million — more than half-a-billion dollars — diverted from building roads and infrastructure to plant flowers on the roadsides;
■$2.9 million to study how players of the online game World of Warcraft collaborate;
■$5,000 for the Murfreesboro, Tennessee public library to host video game nights, featuring Rock Band, Wii Bowling, and Mario Kart;
■$609,160 to develop a video game based on the life of a wolf;
■$615,000 for the University of California-Santa Cruz to digitize Grateful Dead memorabilia;
■$10,000 for the Woodstock Film Festival, attended by such elites as Kevin Bacon, Tim Robbins, and Uma Thurman;
■$150,000 for signs alerting drivers of crossing salamanders in Monkton, Vermont;
■Nearly $1 million to post snippets of poetry at zoos;
■$175 million for unused buildings, including an octagonal monkey house in Dayton, Ohio;
■$239,100 to study how singles use online dating sites while they are lookin’ for love;
■$31,350 for a comic book mouse who teaches children the history of printing;
■$112 million in fraudulent tax refunds for prisoners;
■$1.5 million for a museum in Shelby, North Carolina, to honor bluegrass banjo picker Earl Scruggs;
■$60,000 to renovate a pizzeria in Waterloo, Iowa; and
■$212,735 to study the state of “civility” in U.S. politics in Pullman, Washington. Liberals rediscover the virtues of “civility” every time a conservative criticizes a Democratic president.
http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=774a6cca-18fa-4619-987b-a15eb44e7f18

More importantly: Shouldn't the gerbil insertion device be made of a paper towel core, since Magic Bob's asshole is probably buried under 2 feet of flab?
The inside of it said "PART E" so I guess there were some extensions.

I heard he's moving up to Capybaras