OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, May 20, 2013.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Scooped BIV on this one...:cool:

2. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

lol'd

I look forward to Fox and the token Republicans bitching about this 100x more than the AP tapping. At least Don & friends will appreciate Obama's strong stance against the leaking of gov secrets.

3. Party Rooster

It's lazy. Investigate your own people harder if you think they're leaking stuff they shouldn't. I wonder if the time frames coincide with when they blew that British agent's cover in Saudi Arabia.

4. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I was against the AP tapping too, troll. Leave me the fuck out of it.

5. Falldog

Donator

When I investigate shit I always do the hard shit first instead of following obvious leads.

6. Party Rooster

I can't believe a judge signed off on the search warrant.

And that State Department employee is so fucked. Enjoy your stay at Club Fed.

7. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I saw tons of right wing outrage at the AP tapping. I'm sure Fox will be harsher on this because if you're a Fox pundit who actually knows Rosen, you're probably also angry about this on a personal level. Not saying I agree with it, but it also wouldn't automatically strike me as political.

8. Falldog

Donator

Not nearly as much as speculation over Benghazi. Fox loves to play the victim so this will be great for them.

9. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I was just watching the initial report on this from Fox and they keep mentioning the AP story over and over. If anything it helps bolster the claim that there is a pattern here.

10. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

is this the transparency obama promised?

11. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

And I look forward to MSNBC, CNN, the Huffington Post, etc. making a much smaller deal out of this than the AP story (which wasn't tapping, by the way, it was a records search and I was against that, too). This administration really is unbelievable.

12. Falldog

Donator

Not sure if hyperbole or unrealistic expectations.

13. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

NY Times Editorial Board blasted Obama for the Rosen story today.

14. tysonpunchinguterus

None of the above. I don't think it's unreasonable or unrealistic to expect the President and the people he appoints to not target the media for doing its job, to not target groups with different political beliefs for additional and unfair scrutiny from the IRS, and to not lie to the country about something like terrorist attacks before an election. All of this coming from "the most trasnparent administration ever," an "outsider" who was going to "change Washington," and all that nonsense would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

15. Falldog

Donator

Didn't happen, didn't happen, and questionable. At least be accurate in your complaints.

16. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Wait, you're saying the IRS thing didn't happen? You should listen to the democrats in the hearing today.

17. Falldog

Donator

I'm saying the president and the people he appointed did not target groups.

18. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

If two grunts abusing prisoners in Abu Ghraib reflects badly on the Bush Administration, then high-ranking IRS officials running political witch hunts most certainly reflects badly on the Obama Administration. Especially considering how many times the people involved visited The White House. 118 was it?

19. Falldog

Donator

When did I say it didn't reflect negatively on the administration?

20. tysonpunchinguterus

So the government didn't label a reporter as a co-conspirator in a criminal complaint against someone who leaked information and didn't seize an unusual amount of phone records from the AP? The IRS didn't target conservative groups unfairly? Lerner refused to testify about what happened so there must be more to the story than the bullshit excuses they've tried selling us so far. Middle managers in the government don't jsut make those sorts of decisions on their own. By pleading the 5th she was covering her own ass and avoiding selling out her superiors. And the Benghazi thing isn't questionable by any streatch of the imagination. The administration lied. They sent Rice out to make the Sunday morning rounds with talking points they knew were false and they left out information they knew to be true and kept selling that version of events even after it was known to be wrong.

21. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I would argue that my expectation of any administration is that it curb this stuff internally, and not let it erupt into a national scandal. And regarding your first "never happened" - I would argue that the justice department treating journalists as co-conspirators in leak cases absolutely leads back to people the president appointed. You don't just make a decision like that on a junior level because it's a major precedent.

22. tysonpunchinguterus

The best-case scenario is that the person the President nominated for the position (in this case, Holder) does not have adequate control over his department. Between the AP phone records, the Rosen story, and Fast and Furious it seems like Holder is either completely incapable of overseeing the Justice Department or he had managed to keep his job despite a total disregard for the laws of this country.

23. Falldog

Donator

Again, there's a difference between reporting on a leak and conspiring with someone to obtain information.

24. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

He wasn't reporting on a leak. He reported info leaked to him by a State Department source about North Korea. That led to him being examined as a co-conspirator. That's pretty outrageous.

25. Falldog

Donator

First off, you know what I meant. Second off, they apparently have evidence that shows he was working with the source to get the information. It was 'Hey, can you get me some more info? Here's how we'll do it' not 'Oh, someone send me some sweet info.' If he had taken the info to Russia instead of a news article he'd be a spy.