• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Obama cancels vacation after criticism.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Haha!
President Obama won't go to Hawaii while payroll tax is in limbo
By Alexander Bolton - 12/07/11 01:19 PM ET
President Obama is not vacationing in Hawaii with his wife and children while the extension of the payroll tax holiday remains in limbo, and has warned GOP congressional leaders to stay in town as well.

Obama had planned to fly to Hawaii with his family on Dec. 17 and stay there through New Year’s.

After getting ripped by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney over his vacation plans, Obama told Senate Democratic leaders Wednesday that he will stay in town until Congress finishes work on the payroll tax holiday, unemployment benefits and other issues.

Obama told Democratic leaders: “Michelle and the girls are going to have a great time in Hawaii, they don’t need me there,” according to Senate Majority Leader Reid (D-Nev.).

Romney blasted Obama’s vacation plans on Monday.

“I just think it’s time to have a president whose idea of being ‘hands on’ doesn’t mean getting a better grip on the golf club,” Romney told potential caucus voters in Iowa.

Obama told leaders it would be unacceptable if House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) adjourned for Christmas next week without extending a 2-percentage point reduction of the payroll tax.
A White House official disputed the notion that Obama had altered his vacation plans because of Romney's criticism.

The official noted that Obama had already threatened to spend Christmas with Republicans in Washington if Congress failed to take action on payroll taxes.

“We’re going to keep pushing Congress to make this happen," Obama said Friday. "Now is not the time to slam the brakes on the recovery. Right now, it’s time to step on the gas. We need to get this done. And I expect that it’s going to get done before Congress leaves. Otherwise, Congress may not be leaving, and we can all spend Christmas here together.”

White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters Tuesday that he would be surprised if Congress left town for the Christmas break without extending the payroll tax rate.

"The president said himself quite explicitly that he, if necessary, will — I think the phrasing was, be here through Christmas," according to a press report.
This is fucking hilarious, after cancelling his own 17 DAY VACATION, he has the balls to call it unacceptable for others to take a vacation.
Obama told leaders it would be unacceptable if House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) adjourned for Christmas next week without extending a 2-percentage point reduction of the payroll tax.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Great. We can fly his family to Hawaii and provide security, then when he thinks the heat is off, we can pay for another flight of jets to haul him over.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Great. We can fly his family to Hawaii and provide security, then when he thinks the heat is off, we can pay for another flight of jets to haul him over.
What recession?

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Dude, enough with the stupid picture. You don't find it a tad hypocritical that he only cancelled his own vacation because he caught shit for it, and now he is all indignant that anyone else could have possibly planned on going on vacation?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Dude, enough with the stupid picture. You don't find it a tad hypocritical that he only cancelled his own vacation because he caught shit for it, and now he is all indignant that anyone else could have possibly planned on going on vacation?
Your fauxrage will be your undoing.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Nice try, but since he cancelled it, that means he disagrees with you. If Obama thought this was Fauxrage he would have went on fucking vacation. Congrats, you are officially defending Obama more than he defends himself.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Since when does he give a fuck about this type of shit and how he's perceived? He still manages to get in two rounds of golf a week for christ's sake.

As was pointed out in the article YOU posted, he had already threatened to cancel it BEFORE Romney and others started giving him shit for it.

Romney made his comments on Monday.
Obama had already commented on this last Friday, way before this hit the Fauxrage Spin Cycle.

Nice try, but since he cancelled it, that means he disagrees with you. If Obama thought this was Fauxrage he would have went on fucking vacation. Congrats, you are officially defending Obama more than he defends himself.
Miss Fauxrage, he was the bessst...:icon_cool

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
Does that mean the 42 warships will have to stay docked on the Potomac through Christmas vacation?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
it does not matter, I am sure he has another week or two vacation planned for January

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
"We need to get this done. And I expect that it’s going to get done before Congress leaves. Otherwise, Congress may not be leaving, and we can all spend Christmas here together.
Um... since when does the executive branch control Congress? I'm pretty sure if Congress wants a vacation, they can take one regardless of what he says.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Um... since when does the executive branch control Congress? I'm pretty sure if Congress wants a vacation, they can take one regardless of what he says.
Not sure on the historical precedents for this, but:
U.S. Constitution; Article. II; Section. III.

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.
Maybe it was one of those two sentences you forgot to underline.
Fuck you, I admitted I was wrong. That is a fucking rarity around here.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
He can take all the vacation he wants. When he does nothing, and congress is out of session, things are better.

I don't want Obama working at all. He can sit on his half white ass for the next 14 months. I really don't give a shit.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I love how he turned the whole thing around on Congress, which is scheduled to go home to their constituencies. And the media goes right along with it.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Oct 26, 2011
I know a b-b-b-b-b-but Bush is a little lame...

But Bush at this point in his term took more than 180 days of vacation. He wound up spending a third of his presidency on his ranch or Camp David. This is just such stupid ball-breaking.

Let the son of a bitch take a vacation before he gets hit with some more debt exploding, deficit ballooning "good ideas" or he gets a wild hair up his ass and decides to have some Nixon-Goes-To-China moment and ruin Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I know a b-b-b-b-b-but Bush is a little lame...

But Bush at this point in his term took more than 180 days of vacation. He wound up spending a third of his presidency on his ranch or Camp David. This is just such stupid ball-breaking.
Camp David and Crawford Ranch both have fully functioning Presidential offices and Secret Service facilities built in. When Bush was at either of those places it was more like working from home than a vacation. Obama goes all over the world for weeks at a time and it costs 20X as much.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Camp David and Crawford Ranch both have fully functioning Presidential offices and Secret Service facilities built in. When Bush was at either of those places it was more like working from home than a vacation. Obama goes all over the world for weeks at a time and it costs 20X as much.
Bingo.

Top Bottom