OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Obama deserves 'badge of honor' on Israel, says Netanyahu

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Back to BFF's again I guess...:icon_cool

2. Wrecktum

Wrecktum Tounge puncher of fart boxes

If badge of honor means "Bullet in skull" sure I'm all for it.

3. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The last thing we need to do is matyr Little Barry

4. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sct Ptersns Twn Looking 4 a New 1st Mate

Why don't we just let the Israel deal with this shit themselves? Just say'n.

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

because the Israelis will wipe them out and for some reason the US gov't believes its better for this problem to continue indefinitely than for it to end once and for all.

6. Sct Ptersns Twn

Sct Ptersns Twn Looking 4 a New 1st Mate

I am truly sick and tired of the United States backing Israel for "our" own capitalistic reasons. If they want it let them go after all that "sacred" land and prove they deserve it. I would love to sit back (on the sidelines) and watch that shit.

7. mills

mills I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness

I just don't care that much either way. Palestine is far from the big picture.

8. NoSurviivors

NoSurviivors fmeinthea

Fucking THIS.

9. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

What's that I smell? Oh yeah, campaigning.

Uh... what?

10. mills

There comes a point where you have to wonder if enough "campaigning" pays off enough for the other side where it really doesn't matter which side is in charge.

Between not facilitating a Pal state and sending the navy and AF to kick Libya's ass around, are there really any "sides" in foreign policy do you think? I mean relatively.

11. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Yeah, Maaaan! It's all the saaame!!!

No. I do not think that at all. If Scoop Jackson was president instead of Jimmy Carter, we would not have an Ayatollah-run Iran, period. When Hizbullah killed 130 marines in Beirut, Reagan cut and ran. Another president might had crushed Hizbullah then and there. GHWB pushed Saddam out of Kuwait, but then just left him in charge of Iraq, directly leading to the shit going on there now.

I guess you're actually right in one sense - this isn't really about Democrat vs. Republican per se, but it certainly makes a difference WHICH Democrat or WHICH Republican is in office. A Democrat nuked Japan. Maybe a different Democrat or a Republican wouldn't have.

EDIT: And for the record, Obama gave a terrific speech. I just question his motives. The timing coupled with essentially a complete 180 speaks volumes. NY-9 ABSOLUTELY has ramifications on the general elections. the 3% Jewish vote could lose him Florida and Ohio. While not necessarily indicative of the trends in those states, it shows that even easy democrat wins in Jewish areas can now be lost. He's nervous. At least he's doing what actually needs to be done. Can't complain about that. I just know that if he wins the elections he'll go right back to being the same old Obama.

12. mills

I was with you until you pulled that one out. The two parties had vastly different values that long ago and with them vastly different identities.

And you've got me trumped in muslim savage history pre-1990.

13. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

True, but I'm firmly convinced that Hillary would have been better on Israel. My point was that this isn't a Democrat vs. Republican thing. It's a person A vs. person B thing, regardless of parties. Obama is just bad at diplomacy. Can't blame him. He has no experience in it. There are several Democrats that have a far better stance on Israel than Obama (including people like Harry Reid). What I'm trying to say is that in this case, Obama isn't wrong because he's a Democrat. Obama is wrong because he's Obama.

14. mills

Sorry but you're just too inherently biased for me to buy that that's your stance. When you say "Obama is bad at diplomacy" I read it as "Obama is too soft on muslims". Big difference in wording. Knowing he'd be soft on Muslims is the #2 reason I voted for him. The war needs to flow and ebb for it to work in the long run.

15. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

He gave the Queen of England an iPod with his speeches on it, and then said that France is America's closest friend. He's a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, and he hosted the Premier of China at the White House while the Nobel Peace Prize was being given in absentia to a human rights activist sitting in a Chinese prison. HE'S BAD AT DIPLOMACY. And I'm not biased. I'm informed.

Also, his soft stance on Muslims sure has helped, right? Right?

16. mills

If he did say that France is America's closest friend, that is precisely the thing I wanted out of him. He knocked it the fuck out of the park. We're in a very tenuous position with our bad economy and our wars and our public image. We need to regain the faith of other nations before we start in on the middle east again. That's the point of these "downswings in doing what we really want to do" aka democratic terms. Ebb and flow.

17. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Someone who doesn't understand diplomacy voting for someone who doesn't understand diplomacy. Hmm... :icon_cool

18. mills

Partisans honestly baffle me. Deep down they would like for their party to be in office permanently. It's the most unworkable thing I can think of.

19. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I just explained to you that this isn't a party line thing. You're straying dangerously close to troll territory, mills.

20. mills

OO a personal attack. I had wondered what happened to those (for the last few hours).

My response: fuck the douchebags in Palestine. Deal with them yourselves, fucking whiners.

21. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

One of the main reasons Israel doesn't do that is because the U.S. doesn't want it to.

22. mills

What line of business did you say you're in again? I forgot. What's your job?

23. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I'm a research analyst for an organization that monitors media in various middle eastern languages.

I'm also going to bed, so we'll probably continue this tomorrow.

24. mills

We do have a bunch of pussies here, I understand your concern and criticism. But these are the sacrifices you have to make to maintain a guaranteed permanent vote in the UN.

25. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Just like Russia and China protect Libya, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and each other. Except that they aren't ashamed to do it. For some reason, Obama is ashamed to protect his allies.