Obama hopes to enact new gun-control measures in 2013

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
How many times has Mayr and his side told us we were idiots to think this would happen?

President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013.
“I'm going to be putting forward a package and I'm going to be putting my full weight behind it,” said Obama in an interview aired on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I'm going to be making an argument to the American people about why this is important and why we have to do everything we can to make sure that something like what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary does not happen again.”

The president in the wake of the mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn. school has launched a White House task force led by Vice President Joe Biden to present proposals in January to help stem gun violence. Obama has said that he would seek a broad approach to the problem addressing the role of violence in entertainment and measures to improve mental health care.
But he has also called on Congress to move quickly to reinstate the federal assault weapons ban and a ban on the sale of high-capacity magazines.
Obama on Sunday repeated those calls and said he would meet with lawmakers on both sides of the aisles to see action.
“I've been very clear that an assault rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support,” said the president.
“I'd like to get it done in the first year. I will put forward a very specific proposal based on the recommendations that Joe Biden's task force is putting together as we speak. And so this is not something that I will be putting off."
But the push for heightened gun control will likely face tough political opposition, with the nation’s largest gun lobby, the National Rifle Association (NRA), saying they will oppose any new restrictions.
The group earlier this month held a press conference calling for national program to place armed guards in the nation’s schools, a move they said would be more effective at preventing future tragedies like Newtown.
Obama on Sunday said that he hoped to involve all “stakeholders” in the national debate over gun violence, but expressed unease with the NRA’s proposal.
“I am not going to prejudge the recommendations that are given to me. I am skeptical that the only answer is putting more guns in schools. And I think the vast majority of the American people are skeptical that that somehow is going to solve our problem,” said the president.
Obama said that he expected even firearm owners to understand the need for new regulations in the wake of the Connecticut shooting.
“I think there are a vast majority of responsible gun owners out there who recognize that we can't have a situation in which somebody with severe psychological problems is able to get the kind of high capacity weapons that this individual in Newtown obtained and gun down our kids,” said Obama.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...pes-to-enact-new-gun-control-measures-in-2013

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Actually I was arguing that Obama had been a less restrictive President on gun ownership than either Bush, Clinton or Reagan, yet for 4 years all we heard was how Obama was "the most anti-gun President everrrrrrrr!!!!!". Now maybe he will finally live up to that reputation.
No you straight up mocked people for saying that what is happening now was going to happen. Gun control is one of many destructive agendas the left has been pushing for quite some time. It's all about timing and this is a perfect time to try and grab some more liberties.

Don't you ever get tired of having to downplay and make excuses for your liberal heroes?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Actually I was arguing that Obama had been a less restrictive President on gun ownership than either Bush, Clinton or Reagan, yet for 4 years all we heard was how Obama was "the most anti-gun President everrrrrrrr!!!!!". Now maybe he will finally live up to that reputation.
Some people are smart enough to realize they're being lied to.

"Oh, no sir. Reverend Jim Swaggert says he'd never ever cheat on his wife. The man is a moral pillar of the community."

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
No you straight up mocked people for saying that what is happening now was going to happen. Gun control is one of many destructive agendas the left has been pushing for quite some time. It's all about timing and this is a perfect time to try and grab some more liberties.

Don't you ever get tired of having to downplay and make excuses for your liberal heroes?
Example? During the campaign, I made the point that Romney was way more anti-gun than Obama based on the legislation he proposed and signed. I was mocking those that gave the NRA a pass for endorsing someone with a terrible record on guns and for conservatives who were so desperate for a worthy candidate to support that they overlook the obvious flaws in him.

"Oh, no sir. Reverend Jim Swaggert says he'd never ever cheat on his wife. The man is a moral pillar of the community."
Was this before or after Rev. Jim actually cheated on his wife?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Mayr isn't stupid. He is just so entrenched in his side of this battle that to admit when he is wrong probably seems to be a worse outcome then to just be seen as someone dumb enough to buy into the liberal bullshit. Don is the same way especially with religion. He's even worse because he can't even acknowledge what he does. He'll sit here and fight for child molesters and then try to act like he's some neutral peacekeeper.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
What he "wants" and what he's going to get are two entirely different things. He's throwing the libtards a bone so he can show the moderates that the Republicans in the House are a bunch of cockblockers when it doesn't pass.
Well I'm glad you're ok with our president using our freedoms as a political weapon.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
never trusted him on the gun control thing. I hope oandapartycock is right and that it's just tossing is base a bone by putting it out there. I still don't trust any of them when it comes to the 2nd.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Mayr isn't stupid. He is just so entrenched in his side of this battle that to admit when he is wrong probably seems to be a worse outcome then to just be seen as someone dumb enough to buy into the liberal bullshit. Don is the same way especially with religion. He's even worse because he can't even acknowledge what he does. He'll sit here and fight for child molesters and then try to act like he's some neutral peacekeeper.
So if he went the entire 8 years without proposing or enacting any meaningful gun restrictions into law, would he still be the "Most anti-gun President ever" as he has been labeled since 2008? I'm not entrenched in anything, I state things as I see them. And if Obama is ready to champion Feinstein and her idiotic plan for gun control then I have no love for him or his policy.

Vote Romney 2013!

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
So if he went the entire 8 years without proposing or enacting any meaningful gun restrictions into law, would he still be the "Most anti-gun President ever" as he has been labeled since 2008? I'm not entrenched in anything, I state things as I see them. And if Obama is ready to champion Feinstein and her idiotic plan for gun control then I have no love for him or his policy.

Vote Romney 2013!
Oh now we play the "what if" games. What if Mayr actually stuck by his word... Would we still be idiots?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Meh. Politicians gonna politic...
Well I'm glad the libs on this board use the same strategies as their buddies in office. Just say whatever you have to make your ideas and points seem valid or make other peoples ideas and points seem invalid and don't worry about the fallout of your bullshit because there is none. You can ignore the people that call you out or just wait it out until another issue comes up and it is forgotten.

Hell Mayr has it down to a science. This thread being a perfect example. First he tried denial then deflection all that is left now is just to ignore it until it goes away.

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
He can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Well I'm glad the libs on this board use the same strategies as their buddies in office. Just say whatever you have to make your ideas and points seem valid or make other peoples ideas and points seem invalid and don't worry about the fallout of your bullshit because there is none. You can ignore the people that call you out or just wait it out until another issue comes up and it is forgotten.

Hell Mayr has it down to a science. This thread being a perfect example. First he tried denial then deflection all that is left now is just to ignore it until it goes away.
If you think there would be anything different coming out of Romney's camp had he won the election you are delusional.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
If you think there would be anything different coming out of Romney's camp had he won the election you are delusional.
Your right Republicans have a history of going after 2nd Amendment. I must be drinking.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
I didnt say Republicans, I said Romney. Lrn2rd or whatever that horseshit is.
Oh almost forgot a step of liberal argument. Fight fact with hypothetical situations. It's ok that Obama is going after our rights because Romney might have done it.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Progressives keep telling me that they don't want to get rid of the 2nd, they just want to ban guns. I don't want to end free speech, I just want to ban speech that I don't agree with.

In times of fear, they always go after the minority... but I'm not sure if gun owners are in the minority, they make it look like we are on tv. Even the anti 2nd people will regret that they acted on emotion instead of logic just like they did after 9/11 with the patriot act and the Iraq war. If they are honest with themselves, I know some will continue to ignore reality.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
So let me get this straight, I should be upset at something that may or may not happen? I should never point out facts that a political official never once approached an issue during 4 years in office, because he MIGHT do it in year 5? Based on that logic, we should never elect anybody again because even the most hardcore Conservative candidate is one epiphany away for enacting radical Liberal legislation.

If Obama is now shifted gears in an attempt to enact draconian legislation on guns, you bet I'm going to fight him and I agree I can no longer claim that Obama is not the "most anti-gun President ever". Whether or not he is successful will ultimately determine whether that's true or not.

When you start out a thread with a bullshit premise, don't turn into a whiny bitch when you get slapped down for it.