OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Obama makes recess appointment, except Congress isn't in recess...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Just fucking great. Now I guess the President gets to decide what "recess" means.

2. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Please Jeeezos, one medium sized meteorite that can simply corrrect what is wrong with this country....Washington DC.

3. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

I'd prefer a live smiting on CNN.

4. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

I can't imagine why anyone would even want to join Congress out on the playground. He should be lucky to have the jungle gym to himself and not have to share with those grade repeating bullies.

5. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Go back to your shanties.

It's a Fox News article. Slanted right. And also a lie. Never happened. Fox News makes things up.

:trollol:

6. The Godfather

The Godfather Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

7. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

The POTUS has this power to make recess appointments, if the Congress dosen't like it, then they can cut off funding for this agency

8. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Did you not get the title of the thread? Congress is not in recess. The Senate has been meeting every three days or so just to avoid being "in recess" because they knew Obama would appoint this guy despite the fact that the Senate (which is democrat controlled) was going to block his nomination. The precedent has been that the President only makes recess appointments if Congress is out for more than 10 days. If this stands, the President could start making appointments every weekend on the allegation that a weekend = a recess.

9. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

10. The Godfather

The Godfather Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

Obama bypasses Senate to fill labor board posts

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama recess-appointed three members to the National Labor Relations Board on Wednesday, bypassing fierce opposition from Republicans who claim the agency has leaned too far in favor of unions.

The appointments came just hours after Obama used a similar move to install former Ohio Atty. Gen. Richard Cordray to head the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-01-04-15-24-18

[​IMG]

11. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

It wasn't just one appointment, he appointed four positions (3 to the NLRB, yippie).
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/obama-tempts-fight-over-recess-appointments/
    BINGO:
    This is what it is all about. He is packing the Executive Branch with people that the Senate would never approve knowing that they would stay in office after he is gone.

12. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Well then they're going to fight over whether the Senate was in recess or not

I really think Little Barry wins this one

We'll see what the Congress does, if its a violation of the separation of powers, then this is an impeachable offense

13. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Of course they did.

Yes they do: Impeachment.

14. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Sure, we can survive another 4 years of this dope. :rolleyes: Ya know, he pulls shit like this, and yet some wonder why businesses still aren't hiring.

I read this story yesterday on HuffPo (don't worry, I gave my browser a good scrub down after), and I was surprised how many of their readers were just bashing the crap out of Obama. And the story wasn't even infiltrated by a bunch of righties...they were mostly long time HuffPo posters. But of course, there are lefties that are pointing out that Obama has not made nearly as many recess appointments as previous Presidents. Of course, those Presidents actually waited until, ya know, Congress was in recess.

With the way labor unions are cheering these appointments, especially Cordray...and Obama saying Cordray will do a fine job overseeing mortgage lenders, payday lenders, debt collectors, and other financial companies...kinda makes me a bit nervous.

15. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

How many Impeachable offenses has the big Zero racked up this time... "whaa"

16. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Does anyone else want to make the bullshit claim that "they're all the same" yet again? Because it's really starting to get fucking old.

17. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Hasn't Huffington issued the one sheet yet? I know someone's gotta have a better excuse for this than making up stories about Rick Santorum.

18. CurseoftheBambino

CurseoftheBambino Im Going to Glory Hole Theme Park for Monster Rain

19. Begbie

:)

20. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Nah we're all waiting for the fauxrage to die down first.

21. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Wow, how hard is it for people to understand that CONGRESS IS NOT IN RECESS? I know I'm expecting a lot from libtards, but simple reading skills? That's too much now?

22. Begbie

This should be easy to understand...

[​IMG]

:icon_cool

23. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

It was a bold move the the POTUS... :icon_roll

I'm a shoe on the other foot kinda guy. If roles were reversed and we had a President McCain or a President Romney or whoever coupled with a Democrat House and a Republican Senate and that R POTUS believed he knew what was best for the country, but the Ds in Congress disagreed and then said R POTUS went out did what he wanted anyway the D's would all be PISSED and it would be THE only story on the news. And then if the R POTUS went out and said that it's his duty to do what he thinks is best even if the other branches of government didn't agree, the Ds and the media would be screaming the words "DICTATOR!" and "EMPEACHMENT" at the tops of their lungs. This is hypocrisy at it's most obvious. And if any leftist disagrees with this you're a liar plain and simple.

24. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Recess, only class that nigga passed. SHOW US THE TRANSCRIPTS OBUMMER.

:p