Obama: Pass my bill now! Everyone: What bill? GOP Rep: THIS BILL!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I guess this is what happens when you make a speech based on a non existent bill. I love it.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/09/14...ights-to-american-jobs-act-after-obama-delay/

President Obama repeatedly asked members of Congress to pass the American Jobs Act last week. But before Obama delivered the details to Capitol Hill, a conservative congressman swiped the name for his own legislation.

The American Jobs Act introduced in the House of Representatives looks quite different from the version President Obama outlined in his speech to Congress. Instead of hiking taxes on working Americans to pay for another stimulus, Rep. Louie Gohmert’s (R-TX) legislation offers a tax cut.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Gotta love how the bill is only 2 pages and does one thing. We need more guys like this Gohmert fella.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
My entire take of the Jobs Act Bill (don't know if I commented on it back the other week):

President Obama is a pussy.

Look, if he/his staff didn't know the GOP had their debate on Wednesday night, and somebody just screwed up not giving SoH Boehner the heads up more than 15 minutes before the press release was sent out, that's nothing short of massive incompetence by President Obama's staff. And not some junior staffer, either: deciding when the speech would be is a Chief of Staff decision, not some anonymous no-name staffer.

Or... President Obama and his staff purposely chose that date to try and muscle up the GOP. Use the office of the President Of The United States Of America to humble the GOP a little. Ok, lots of outrage and crying, etc., etc., but it's a STRONG fucking move. It's a ballsy move. I, personally, wouldn't like it, but it would be a strong move.

Instead, he gets almost all the bullshit, all the outrage... and then pussies out and moves it to Thursday. Because, you know, black guys can't show up on time and have to delay their speech 24 hours, right? And go up against the NFL season kickoff, which is brilliant.

And now, he didn't even have his bill ready in time to hit Congress before he gave the speech? Really? Shouldn't he at least have, you know, the bill in the hands of Congress (not necessarily introduced, as such, but still sent on to them...) before the speech?

This isn't even "Obama is such a bad guy" stuff. He's just plain incompetent. He's got an incompetent staff, at the very least, and that's just fucking ridiculous at this point. He could pick and choose anyone in the country to work for him, and instead he has a bunch of crony no-nothings who are making him look bad.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Is it just me, or are the only Democrats who actually have a pair of balls big enough to actually swing Rahm Emanuel, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton?

The more I'm seeing of this administration, the more convinced I am that the bin Laden killing had to pass Hillary's desk for a go-ahead, because it's pretty obvious that President Obama is too much of a fucking pussy to actually green light something like that without back-up.

Holy fucking shit. I thought black men were supposed to be strong, tough guys.

Dec 4, 2010
Glassboro, NJ
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry mobile users but this is that funny.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Wow, this shows how utterly incompetent Obama really is.

tl;dr version for those who're just reading comments, basically a 6 year Congressman from Houston (neighboring district to Ron Paul's, FYI... No doubt they share quite a bit of ideals) completely out-maneuvered Obama. What a fucking joke.

This guy has all the power in the world and all he can do is bitch about how he needs more power. He's just a fucking whiner.

Madness

Dec 9, 2004
I dislike Hillary Clinton greatly, but good god. Why couldn't she have won the nomination. I'd like to think she would have fucked us slightly less than Obama has.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I dislike Hillary Clinton greatly, but good god. Why couldn't she have won the nomination. I'd like to think she would have fucked us slightly less than Obama has.
I would absolutely take Hillary over Obama, and I'm certainly not a fan of hers.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I would absolutely take Hillary over Obama, and I'm certainly not a fan of hers.
I, too, would rather be punched in the face than kicked in the balls.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
All of this.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Wow, this shows how utterly incompetent Obama really is.

tl;dr version for those who're just reading comments, basically a 6 year Congressman from Houston (neighboring district to Ron Paul's, FYI... No doubt they share quite a bit of ideals) completely out-maneuvered Obama. What a fucking joke.

This guy has all the power in the world and all he can do is bitch about how he needs more power. He's just a fucking whiner.
Outmaneuver? Why would he think some GOPer would pull something like this? It's a publicity stunt for the congressman that did it. I'm sure his donations are way up today.

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
Outmaneuver? Why would he think some GOPer would pull something like this? It's a publicity stunt for the congressman that did it. I'm sure his donations are way up today.
I think it's more than a publicity stunt. This maneuver underscores what everyone was saying over the summer & into the run-up to the big "jobs speech". Bottom line, he has no actual fucking plan/clue!

Obama seems to thinks campaign speeches and rallies are legislation, & that would be enough to convince people that he actually knows what he's doing. That he would build up to this speech & have no actual bill ready to support is beyond embarrassing. This congressman managed to crystallize exactly how embarrassing.