Obama 'updating' President's profiles

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
Not that it's THAT big a deal to me...but I do get a little douchechill from it.

White House under fire for adding Obama policy plugs to past presidents' bios

The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.
The Obama team went into the pages of U.S. presidents dating back to Calvin Coolidge to add friendly looking "Did you know?" fact boxes to the end of their bios. Those additions were used to plug a host of Obama administration initiatives, ranging from the health care overhaul to the so-called "Buffett Rule" to his green-energy policies.
For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."
The White House is coming under heavy criticism from conservatives for the changes, and not just to Reagan's page.
Late Tuesday, the White House defended itself, claiming the staff was merely adding links to other pages.
"No biographies have been altered," a White House official told Fox News. "We simply added links at the bottom of each page to related whitehouse.gov content, which is a commonly used best practice to encourage people to browse more pages on a site."
The additions do include links, but they're more than that. Each one finds a way to tout an Obama administration policy or practice in the process.
There's this at the bottom of the Franklin D. Roosevelt biography, for instance:
"On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations."
And this, at the end of President Lyndon Johnson's, drawing a link between his signing of Medicare and Obama's signing of the health care overhaul:
"President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare into law in 1965 -- providing millions of elderly health care stability. President Obama's historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the 'donut hole.'"
The changes also link Harry Truman's call for civil rights to the Obama administration's push to repeal "don't ask, don't tell." And they link Jimmy Carter's creation of the Department of Energy to Obama's push for an "all of the above" energy approach today.
The Obama accomplishments cited range from the significant to the mundane.
On the bio of John F. Kennedy, the Obama staff cited the current president's decision to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a "presidential proclamation," as a way to link the current administration to Kennedy's -- which launched the Peace Corps.
The only post-Coolidge president whose page is so far untouched is that of Gerald Ford.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...g-obama-policy-plugs-to-past-presidents-bios/

Some of the comments at the twitter link made me chuckle

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=#ObamaInHistory

In 1803, Jefferson bought the Louisiana Purchase for $233 million in today's dollars, which Obama spent while you read this.

President Ronald Reagan kept a jar of jellybeans on his Oval Office desk. Obama once ate a dog!

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth. And President Obama was there to say it was good

Washington could not tell a lie, Nixon could not tell the truth, Obama can't tell the difference

Obama Not only discovered 7 more states he also found a new earthquake region thru Washington DC called Bush's Fault.

Lincoln freed the slaves, Obama freed everyone else from any semblance of personal responsibility.

In 1440 Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press so humanity could read Dreams From My Father

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Narcissists will be narcissists I guess.

Really though this is beyond pathetic. Imagine for a moment if a President with an (R) next to his name... oh nevermind... I hear that dog-hater Mitt Romney may have bullied another kid 45 years ago and we all no that's worse than molesting children...

MetalBender

I like fistables.
Dec 20, 2009
New Orleans....Iowa
Well fuck it then I'm linking myself to Jimmy Carter. When I was young and in school on my own I ate a lot of peanut butter and drank cheap beer. Made me what I am today yes sir.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
This is so cheesy and lame. How much attention do you fucking need?

Von Maestro

Mar 12, 2010
Nobody would've noticed if Fox hadn't made an issue of it. Who goes to the White House website to read Presidential bios?
Impressionable students doing research for a school project?

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Nobody would've noticed if Fox hadn't made an issue of it. Who goes to the White House website to read Presidential bios?
You're right, there's no such thing as the internet and social media.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
You really can't make this stuff up.

• President Calvin Coolidge: “On Feb. 22, 1924 Calvin Coolidge became the first president to make a public radio address to the American people. President Coolidge later helped create the Federal Radio Commission, which has now evolved to become the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). President Obama became the first president to hold virtual gatherings and town halls using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.”

• President Herbert Hoover: “President Herbert Hoover signed the bill founding the Department of Veterans Affairs July 21, 1930. President Obama is committed to making sure that the VA, the second-largest cabinet department, serves the needs of all veterans and provides a seamless transition from active duty to civilian life, and has directed his Administration to modernize the way health care is delivered and benefits are administered for our nation's veterans. First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden launched Joining Forces to mobilize all sectors of society to give our service members and their families the opportunities and support they have earned.”

• President Franklin D. Roosevelt: “On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama Administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations.”

• President Harry S. Truman: “In a 1946 letter to the National Urban League, President Truman wrote that the government has ‘an obligation to see that the civil rights of every citizen are fully and equally protected.’ He ended racial segregation in civil service and the armed forces in 1948. Today the Obama Administration continues to strive toward upholding the civil rights of its citizens, repealing Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, allowing people of all sexual orientations to serve openly in our armed forces.”

• President Dwight D. Eisenhower: “President Dwight Eisenhower established the President's Council on Youth Fitness on July 16, 1956 (now known as The President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports) after learning from a study that American youth were less fit than European youth. Today the Council is still going strong—with Olympians and professional athletes on board—working in conjunction with the First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move initiative to help promote healthier lifestyles.”

• President John F. Kennedy: “President John F. Kennedy famously suggested the American people: ‘Ask what you can do for your country.’ In 1961, the Peace Corps was created, facilitating service among citizens working toward peace in developing countries. In 2011, President Obama celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a Presidential Proclamation.”

• President Lyndon B. Johnson: “President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare signed into law in 1965—providing millions of elderly healthcare stability. President Obama’s historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the ‘donut hole.’”

• President Richard M. Nixon: “In 1973, Richard Nixon created The President’s Export Council, which was expanded and reconstituted under President Jimmy Carter in 1979. Today the PEC continues to work towards reaching President Obama’s goal of doubling the nation’s exports by 2014’s end.”

• President Jimmy Carter: “In 1977, President Jimmy Carter created the Department of Energy; today the DOE works with the Obama Administration to drive towards innovation in energy and reducing reliance on foreign oil with an ‘all of the above’ approach.”

• President Ronald Reagan: “President Reagan designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day a national holiday; today the Obama Administration honors this tradition, with the First and Second Families participating in service projects on this day … In a June 28, 1985 speech Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multi-millionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule.”

• President George H.W. Bush: “President Barack Obama awarded George H.W. Bush the 2010 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, for his commitment to service and ability to inspire volunteerism throughout the country, encouraging citizens to be ‘a thousand points of light.’ The administration continues to promote service and civic engagement, honoring heroes of local communities as ‘Champions of Change’ and fostering civic participation.”

•President Bill Clinton: “Continuing his work as a lifelong public service, Clinton created the Clinton Foundation in 2001 to improve global health, education, economies and environments. Affectionately calling him ‘Do-Gooder-in-Chief’, President Obama has worked with Clinton to make buildings in our country more efficient—announcing a $4 billion investment in energy efficiency upgrades for commercial buildings.”

• President George W. Bush: “In 2002, President George W. Bush’s State of the Union was the first to be live broadcast on the Internet. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama’s State of the Union speeches were available in an enhanced live stream version that featured infographics, charts and data side-by-side in real time with the President’s speech.”

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
• President George W. Bush: “In 2002, President George W. Bush’s State of the Union was the first to be live broadcast on the Internet. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama’s State of the Union speeches were available in an enhanced live stream version that featured infographics, charts and data side-by-side in real time with the President’s speech.”
So he basically bedazzled his web stream. Congrats.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Not wanting to drive down this road...but I guess I have to..didn't the communists do this to school textbooks when they took over an area??

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The Obama White House is the greatest real-life sitcom in the history of man.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I'm not offended by this, per se. I'm just shaking my head. This is so fucking lame, like Josh_R said. It's just pathetic.

I once ran for class treasurer. My speech basically listed all my mathematical accomplishments up to that point (which, given I was an Asian kid in a podunk town in PA, was far and away above the average). Later, looking back on that speech, I was and am embarrassed at how full of myself I was (and am, but not in the same way). That's pretty much what President Obama's staff just did to him, here.

I don't think for a minute that President Obama wasted any of his own time doing this. This is way below his radar horizon. I hope. But it says how fucking pathetic and kiss-ass his people are.

Can we start on a list of the ego trips by President Obama (and his staff)?

I'll start:

iPod with his inaugural speech as a gift to Queen Elizabeth II.
Rewriting the White House bios of previous presidents to shoehorn him in.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Can we start on a list of the ego trips by President Obama (and his staff)?

I'll start:

I'm still convinced that the dog was named after him...and it's not some nickname of Michelle's relative like they claim. I mean, it's a pretty big fuckin coincidence.

The big one for me though...was this statement:

[yt]tvpL2rpO7NA[/yt]

He was the guy that was going to end wars and halt the rising oceans, and help the sick, and restore our image overseas. THAT was the moment...didn't exactly pan out that way, huh?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Can we start on a list of the faux-ragiest moments by President Obama (and his staff) as determined by Conservates?

I'll start:

Fixed for you.

Don't forget

Here's a few more
Arugula
Spicy Mustard
Mom Jeans
Beer summit
Air Force One taking pictures of the Statue of Liberty
42 warships to India for Economic summit

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I love how the "accomplishment" of Bush was that he did something on the Internet. Obama can't even dig up one policy thing to connect with, because he knows his base would have a fucking fit over it. Delusional retards.

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ
I love how the "accomplishment" of Bush was that he did something on the Internet. Obama can't even dig up one policy thing to connect with, because he knows his base would have a fucking fit over it. Delusional retards.
But Bush!!!! In O's defense...he did add graphics.

I actually find it kind of interesting and informative how a bunch of other president's tied in their 'accomplishments' with past president's actions as kind of a 'see how I am like this guy, only better?'

Oh wait....

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
'cause you know Obama did this himself. Not some shitty intern fresh outa college.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
'cause you know Obama did this himself. Not some shitty intern fresh outa college.
Obama's a do-nothing suit, cheering from the sideline, when it comes to things like ordering the killing of Osama Bin-Laden, but he's a devious mastermind who plots for months on end, and for whom the buck stops here when it comes to changing around some graphics on a website. It makes perfect sense.