Obama using 9/11 for politcal gains, you dont say.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
The editorial is taken from this
http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2011/08/30/obama-continues-to-politicize-911-anniversary/
[

Posted by Dan Spencer (Profile)
Tuesday, August 30th at 11:30AM EDT
4 Comments
The Obama regime shamelessly issued two sets of documents setting guidelines on how to commemorate the 9/11 terrorist attacks against United States.
One set of the 9/11 commemoration guidelines, entitled “9/11 Anniversary Planning,” is for domestic audiences and highlights Obama’s continuing attempts to politicize the 9/11 anniversary as a campaign propaganda tool. The second set of 9/11 commemoration guidelines is for foreign audiences
According to the New York Times, the guidelines list what themes to underscore — and the tone to set:

• Officials are instructed to memorialize those who died in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and thank those in the military, law enforcement, intelligence or homeland security for their contributions since.
  • Officials are to warn that Americans must be prepared for another attack — and must be resilient in recovering from the loss.
  • Officials are cautioned that commemorations should not cast the United States as the sole victim of terrorism.
  • The tone should be shaped by a recognition that the outpouring of worldwide support for the United States in the weeks after the attacks turned to anger at some American policies adopted in the name of fighting terror — on detention, on interrogation, and the decision to invade Iraq.
The guidelines also seek to remind everyone that Osama bin Laden was killed and cite his death as a reason for officials to “minimize references to Al Qaeda”:

• The guidelines say officials are to make the point that “Al Qaeda and its adherents have become increasingly irrelevant.”
  • The guidelines say the absence of Al Qaeda playing any significant role in the “Arab Spring” uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa should be cited as evidence that bin Laden’s organization “represents the past,” while peaceful street protesters in Egypt and Tunisia “represent the future.”
The 9/11 commemoration guidelines aimed at foreign audiences call on American officials to praise overseas partners, who have joined the worldwide effort to combat violent extremism, formerly known as the Global War On Terror:
We honor and celebrate the resilience of individuals, families, and communities on every continent, whether in New York or Nairobi, Bali or Belfast, Mumbai or Manila, or Lahore or London.
Obama should leave his political propaganda and messaging for another day and instead simply join, or actually lead, Americans in a national day of remembrance.

/QUOTE]
:really?:

MagicBob

Dec 2, 2010
The things they want to convey seem pretty accurate to me. I hate when I don't get the fauxrage...
try not really thinking... it helps :D

you'll be falling for the fauxrage in no time :D

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Could be worse and hes using it as an excuse to start a war.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Rudy's gonna be pissed about this bit stealing.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Obama Haters weren't always Kirk Strongs, but they've evolved into Kirk Strongs. They are drop dead hilarious. Every thing he does or doesn't say is readily molded into some kind of conspiracy theory whereby 'good, thinking voters along with dumb ones are tricked into supporting' him.

I'll say it for the 50th time. Partisan republicans (as opposed to Bush voters like me) are so butthurt by those 8 years that they're out of their minds with thoughts of some kind of payback/evening the score.

Douchefucks want to piss it all away over pride.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Which politician doesn't use 9-11 for political gains?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
These are guidelines for public officials, and I absolutely expect public officials to take this watered down approach to this anniversary...and that's because America has become a whole bunch of goddamn pussies and we need to be told, from our public officials, how to respect others and how to act during the 10-year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks.

Officials are cautioned that commemorations should not cast the United States as the sole victim of terrorism.
So true. We just can't risk offending any other country that had their buildings come crashing to the ground in the name of Allah on that day. Bullshit.

The tone should be shaped by a recognition that the outpouring of worldwide support for the United States in the weeks after the attacks turned to anger at some American policies adopted in the name of fighting terror — on detention, on interrogation, and the decision to invade Iraq.
That's it....more groveling apologies. "You guys all loved us after we were attacked, but we were shameful by detaining and interrogating suspected terrorists in order to gain intel on future attacks to prevent exactly what we're commemorating today." Just proves how doomed we are.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
These are guidelines for public officials, and I absolutely expect public officials to take this watered down approach to this anniversary...and that's because America has become a whole bunch of goddamn pussies and we need to be told, from our public officials, how to respect others and how to act during the 10-year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks.

So true. We just can't risk offending any other country that had their buildings come crashing to the ground in the name of Allah on that day. Bullshit.

That's it....more groveling apologies. "You guys all loved us after we were attacked, but we were shameful by detaining and interrogating suspected terrorists in order to gain intel on future attacks to prevent exactly what we're commemorating today." Just proves how doomed we are.
Remeber this is the same dumb cunt who thought releasing the dead Bin Laden photo would trigger violence. You know the same people who have hated us for years and only goal is to kill Americans and Israelis no matter what.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
"You guys all loved us after we were attacked, but we were shameful by GETTING CAUGHT interrogating suspected terrorists in a manner every country does but doesn't admit to."
Fixed.

And fuck those eurovaginas, but what can you expect. The biggest problem they have with us is that they're not us. Burr spelled it out a few weeks ago and I was glad someone said it, because I've known it for years.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Jesus Christ, it's a fucking memorial service, have some class. There's a time and a place for sabre-rattling and this is not it. Do we throw Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan's face every December 7th in Hawaii?

Bali Nightclub Bombing
Madrid Train Bombings
London 7/7 Attack
Mumbai Massacre
Russian Airport Bombings
Norway Bombing/Shooting
The constant bus/mall bombings in Israel

If you remember Bush's speeches, the War on Terror is a global initiative fought with a worldwide coalition of countries. That's what that statement is supposed to reflect.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The tone should be shaped by a recognition that the outpouring of worldwide support for the United States in the weeks after the attacks turned to anger at some American policies adopted in the name of fighting terror — on detention, on interrogation, and the decision to invade Iraq.
This is complete bullshit.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Jesus Christ, it's a fucking memorial service, have some class. There's a time and a place for sabre-rattling and this is not it. Do we throw Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan's face every December 7th in Hawaii?

Bali Nightclub Bombing
Madrid Train Bombings
London 7/7 Attack
Mumbai Massacre
Russian Airport Bombings
Norway Bombing/Shooting

If you remember Bush's speeches, the War on Terror is a global initiative fought with a worldwide coalition of countries. That's what that statement is supposed to reflect.
There is also a time for apologies, and this isn't it.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Two pretty different things...

That would only work had we still been engaged in a conflict with Japan 10 years later, like we technically are with al Qaida and muslim extremism today. If we were still at war with Japan 10 years after the Attack on Pearl Harbor...we shouldn't be commemorating the attacks and paying our respects to the dead by talking about Japan's attacks on the Soviets or Mongolia...nor should we be glancing over the fact that Japan was the one who came at us and started this whole conflict to begin with.

And no one is saying we should pull Muslims off the street and beat the crap out of them or just start ranting about how muslims are to blame for the world's problems. Let's just not continue what we've been doing for the past 10 years by trying to be the better person and doing everything in our power to make sure no one around the world is offended...including muslim extremists! It doesn't work...we've already learned they're going to hate us regardless.

oandapartycock said:
Bali Nightclub Bombing
Madrid Train Bombings
London 7/7 Attack
Mumbai Massacre
Russian Airport Bombings
Norway Bombing/Shooting
Begbie said:
To alot of people, 9-11 is not the day to be talking about how we're no different than any other country who has had terrorist attacks...but that's how "Officials are cautioned that commemorations should not cast the United States as the sole victim of terrorism", reads.

And it's September 11th. Not 11/26 or 7/7 or 1/24. It was OUR people in OUR buildings on OUR soil. Those other countries have their own days to pay their respects to the dead.

And there are bigger problems if these other countries are offended by the fact that we're making the 9-11 attacks all about us.

oandapartycock said:
9-11 is also not the day to be talking about how 9-11 sparked a "global initiative fought with a worldwide coalition of countries". Alot of those countries already hate us for dragging them through the Iraqi sand...and in some cases, Afghani mountains. And that's not to say we shouldn't be thanking them for their support post 9-11. But 9-11 is more about what happened on that day and not what happened during the 10 years after. That's just how I see it...I hope my thoughts on the matter don't offend you. :icon_cool

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Feb 26, 2004
Ocean County, NJ

Bali Nightclub Bombing
Madrid Train Bombings
London 7/7 Attack
Mumbai Massacre
Russian Airport Bombings
Norway Bombing/Shooting

noone is getting offended at any other countries anniversary ceremonies...nor would any of those countries give a rats ass if it did offend us.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
There is also a time for apologies, and this isn't it.
You missed a nice "bowing" reference there too...:icon_roll

Two pretty different things...
Speaking of two pretty different things, I think that's the point most people are missing. There will be other speeches with other themes that take a more "strong" stance on the whole terrorism thing. But the memorial of the thousands killed on 9/11 should take on a more somber note at Ground Zero.

And missing from most of the right wing blog postings about this are leaving out more details of the what's also going on:

Officials interviewed at several federal departments said they would consult the White House guidelines, but had been given broad leeway to hold commemorative events at their agencies.
So dictator Obama has ordered agencies and representatives to say one thing, but wait a minute... not really actually. And ever hear of "speak strongly and carry a big stick?" Obama's been showing one face to the Muslim world yet is going into sovereign countries and having drones and SEALs assassinate top al Qaeda leaders, despite all their complaints to stop it. I think a lot of people would say he's done a pretty good job on rooting out al Qaeda and disrupting their operations. Of course, he just inherited the groundwork for that from Bbbbush...:icon_cool

Ten years after 9/11, our enemies have not succeeded in launching another attack on our soil, but they've not been idle. Al Qaeda and those inspired by its hateful ideology have carried out terrorist attacks in more than two dozen nations.
And again, what's wrong with that statement? It's totally accurate.

To alot of people, 9-11 is not the day to be talking about how we're no different than any other country who has had terrorist attacks...but that's how "Officials are cautioned that commemorations should not cast the United States as the sole victim of terrorism", reads.
To be effective, we can't do this alone. It's a global effort between everyone who's a victim of terrorist attacks. I would hope you would understand that.

With our help, the people of the Middle East are now stepping forward to claim their freedom. From Kabul to Baghdad to Cairo, there are brave men and women risking their lives each day for the same freedoms that we enjoy. And they have one question for us: Do we have the confidence to do in the Middle East what our fathers and grandfathers accomplished in Europe and Asia? By standing with democratic leaders and reformers, by giving voice to the hopes of decent men and women, we're offering a path away from radicalism. And we are enlisting the most powerful force for peace and moderation in the Middle East: the desire of millions to be free.
Again, what's wrong with that statement? Seems pretty accurate to me.

And it's September 11th. Not 11/26 or 7/7 or 1/24. It was OUR people in OUR buildings on OUR soil. Those other countries have their own days to pay their respects to the dead.
It was also people from over 90 countries and representatives from every race, creed, and religion. I think I'm going to change from calling you guys racists to calling you guys ethnocentrists. :icon_cool

And there are bigger problems if these other countries are offended by the fact that we're making the 9-11 attacks all about us.
We can do both.

9-11 is also not the day to be talking about how 9-11 sparked a "global initiative fought with a worldwide coalition of countries". Alot of those countries already hate us for dragging them through the Iraqi sand...and in some cases, Afghani mountains.
So I guess you AGREE with this statement after all. AWESOME!!!
But 9-11 is more about what happened on that day and not what happened during the 10 years after.
Again, there can be both. There will probably be several speeches that week and that day that address specific things depending on the venue and audience.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Speaking of two pretty different things, I think that's the point most people are missing. There will be other speeches with other themes that take a more "strong" stance on the whole terrorism thing. But the memorial of the thousands killed on 9/11 should take on a more somber note at Ground Zero.
Absolutely. I'm on board. But don't stop at just Ground Zero. All commemorations and observances relating to the 9-11 attacks need to be heavy on the somber notes of what happened that day and less on Abu Dhabi's (or whatever random countries') sensitivity to us waterboarding KSM in order to gain intelligence on future attacks. You want to consider these other countries' sensitivities and concerns to what we've done after 9-11...have at it...but don't make it part of your somber 9-11 remembrance ceremonies. That's all I'm saying.

oandapartycock said:
And missing from most of the right wing blog postings about this are leaving out more details of the what's also going on:

So dictator Obama has ordered agencies and representatives to say one thing, but wait a minute... not really actually. And ever hear of "speak strongly and carry a big stick?" Obama's been showing one face to the Muslim world yet is going into sovereign countries and having drones and SEALs assassinate top al Qaeda leaders, despite all their complaints to stop it. I think a lot of people would say he's done a pretty good job on rooting out al Qaeda and disrupting their operations. Of course, he just inherited the groundwork for that from Bbbbush...:icon_cool
Hey, I'm with ya on that. I'm all for hearing about staying resilient and thanking everyone for being on their toes, blah, blah, blah. But bottom line yet again...

Officials interviewed at several federal departments said they would consult the White House guidelines
These White House guidelines do exist...and I think some of it is just PC bullshit. Of course, I also said I wasn't surprised that this would be the tone coming from our "leaders"...but doesn't mean I'm going to agree with it or want these guidelines spread to all officials so they can all program their teleprompters to say less damning facts about what happened that day and who attacked us.

oandapartycock said:
And again, what's wrong with that statement? It's totally accurate.

To be effective, we can't do this alone. It's a global effort between everyone who's a victim of terrorist attacks. I would hope you would understand that.

Again, what's wrong with that statement? Seems pretty accurate to me.
Who says that's all inaccurate? I agree. We should mention that, since 9-11, other countries have been attacked and these countries have all helped put a stop to it. We should say thanks. Of course.

As I highlighted, my problems lie with how the 9-11 remembrance "tone" shouldn't be all about what happened to America on that day, when it absolutely should...and how we need to recognize that the decisions made during the War on Terror may have upset other countries and eroded their support. I again...just don't see why we need to bring that up down at Ground Zero, Pentagon, Shanksville, or any 9-11 dedication or remembrance ceremony on that day. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

oandapartycock said:
It was also people from over 90 countries and representatives from every race, creed, and religion. I think I'm going to change from calling you guys racists to calling you guys ethnocentrists. :icon_cool
I knew someone would come up with the, "But it happened in the WORLD Trade Center" or "People from so many countries died that day". Doesn't change the fact that it happened on American soil and it was an attack on America. We unfortunately own it.

oandapartycock said:
So I guess you AGREE with this statement after all. AWESOME!!!
Actually, the statement is false. "In the years" after the attacks is accurate, not weeks. But yeah, support for America and our War on Terror soured tremendously. Countries got quite tired of our WMD crusade throughout Iraq, our never-ending operation in Afghanistan, and some were even against our detention and interrogation tactics. Soooooooo...again, tell me why all that crap is necessary to recognize during the remembrances on the 10th anniversary of the attacks?

oandapartycock said:
Again, there can be both. There will probably be several speeches that week and that day that address specific things depending on the venue and audience.
Ahh...there's the key..."depending on the venue and audience". So we agree then. The somber, non-political 9-11 remembrances should be reserved for the 9-11 remembrance ceremonies. And let's say, in a Marriott up the street from the Pentagon...we can hold a conference on how the War on Terror has affected other countries and hurt America's standing in the world. Sounds good to me.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
It's ok, Partycock...you can come join us in the fauxrage Dark Side...unlike members of the SEIU, we don't bite. :icon_cool