Obama using NDAA To Lock Up Protestors During DNC

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Officer says Charlottean on terrorist watch list - released on $2,500 bond

Posted: Tuesday, Sep. 04, 2012

CHARLOTTE, N.C. Police arrested a Charlotte activist Sunday for a traffic violation and sought to keep him in jail during the Democratic National Convention because an officer said he is an activist on a terrorist watch list, court documents show.

Chief District Judge Lisa Bell on Monday reduced the bond for James Ian Tyson, 27, from $10,000 – an unusually high amount for driving while license revoked – to $2,500.

He was released at about 8 p.m. Monday.
Tyson’s attorney, Derek Fletcher, said during a hearing Monday that officers wanted to keep Tyson in jail to restrict his speech, and that his $10,000 cash bond was excessive.

“The state wanted to keep my client in jail during the DNC so he couldn’t help organize any protests,” Fletcher told the Observer. “I informed the judge it appeared to me that the state was trying to suppress my client from exercising his rights to speak during the DNC.”

After he was released from jail, Tyson read a statement, saying his arrest was politically motivated.

“I have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. I am a local Charlottean and an activist and I believe this is an attempt to stifle my First Amendment rights and keep my voice from being heard,” he said. “At this point I would like to go home and visit my parents and play with my dog. That’s all I want to do.”
Full Article

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
So, maybe I just missed it, but where is this supposed list? Sounds like the cop pulled something out of his ass....

Also, what does fucking NDAA have to do with this?

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
So, maybe I just missed it, but where is this supposed list? Sounds like the cop pulled something out of his ass....

Also, what does fucking NDAA have to do with this?
Do you know what the NDAA is? The government can claim you are a terrorist and lock you up indefinitely. And according to this article, protestors are now terrorists.

[video=youtube;9ni-nPc6gT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni-nPc6gT4[/video]

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So Obama arrested the guy?

Nice headline, shitdick.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
What admin is putting these people on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure mr organic farmer is a real threat and its all for our safety.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I'm guessing his source is likely prisonplanet, infowars or some other bullshit site?
(I've had stupid blocked for months)

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Do you know what the NDAA is? The government can claim you are a terrorist and lock you up indefinitely. And according to this article, protestors are now terrorists.

[video=youtube;9ni-nPc6gT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ni-nPc6gT4[/video]
Again, there is NO MENTION in the article of shitdick being on a watch list, other than the arresting officer claiming he was. Nowhere in there does it say he actually was. In short, cop was pulling things out of his ass.

I'm guessing his source is likely prisonplanet, infowars or some other bullshit site?
(I've had stupid blocked for months)
From the local Charlotte paper, actually.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Again, there is NO MENTION in the article of shitdick being on a watch list, other than the arresting officer claiming he was. Nowhere in there does it say he actually was. In short, cop was pulling things out of his ass.
Yes it does.

A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer requested that Tyson be held in jail because of the Democratic National Convention, which runs through

Thursday. The officer recommended that Tyson not get out of jail on pretrial release, according to a court document.

“Why do you feel suspect is a risk?” the law enforcement information sheet asked.

Known activist + protester who is currently on a terrorist watchlist,” the officer wrote. “Request he be held due to DNC being a National Special Security Event.”

Mecklenburg District Attorney Andrew Murray told the Observer Monday that he is aware of the document that says Tyson is on a terrorist watch list. Prior to the hearing, he said his prosecutors would try to keep Tyson’s bond at $10,000 in hopes of keeping him behind bars.

That court document heightens our concern for public safety,” Murray said. “Our goal is to protect the public. The document causes us to have concerns for public safety.”

If you're saying the cop is just a democrat that is trying to lock up protestors, he should lose his job.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Kirk thread so I won't even bother reading.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
The officer said the guy was on a watch list, and it reads to me that the DA basically said he was aware of the cop's write-up that said as much.

Where did the cop get this information? I still say from his own ass.
Then this guy should sue the cop, not the state, for violating his rights and the cop should lose his job. And if the cop is lying to the courts couldn't he go to jail? I know cops are above the law but in a society where the cops have to follow the law, wouldn't he go to jail for lying? You are just trying to make yourself feel better by saying its just one rogue cop trying to stop a protestor from going to the DNC.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Jews.
oh and:
[video=youtube;vVXECas-EC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXECas-EC0[/video] Sooo Reagan too.
Funny how Obamacare now is gonna say who lives and dies.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

James Ian Tyson

I was thinking white boy with dread locks... oh well.