OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Obama's jobs bill fails Senate vote.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Haha. The $450 billion stimulus bill, I mean "American Jobs Act" failed in the Democrat controlled Senate tonight. "Damn those pesky Republicans", says Obama.

He can't even get all of the Democrats to vote for this piece of shit, but it's all the Republicans' fault that it didn't pass. That sounds familiar...

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

He got exactly what he wanted. Just watch all of his zombies come out of the woodwork blaming Republicans for the failure.

3. SaltyDelights

This is political theatre for the sheeple - the first of a long back and forth drama not unlike HusseinCare, Debtmageddon, and last year's extension of the Bush tax cuts. All those had a deadline of some sort. Look for this to be resolved in a shitty compromise by the Christmas/New Year's recess that does nothing to reduce unemployment or the deficit. Anything that is said between now and then is meaningless.

4. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Hey it was a bi-partisan vote! That's what everyone wants right? :icon_cool

No wait, when they say "bi-partisan" what they really mean is "abandon all your morals and vote for all of my shit". A bi-partisan vote against something is called "gridlock" or "obstructionism".

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

"Do Nothing Congress"

Little Barry thinks he is Harry Truman

6. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Perhaps Obama is adopting Herman Cain's attitude towards unemployment and blaming all of the jobless for being unmotivated failures.

7. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Makes more sense than blaming past administrations.

BTW I personally know about 20 unemployed people right now, and 18 of them are unmotivated failures.

8. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

My little brother is a highschool dropout. He lucked into a decent job for a while then got laid off. He lives in PA where unemployment payment rates are really high. He makes more on unemployment than he would normally be able to do at a job with his skills/education level. So, like a responsible adult, he collects unemployment and sell weed (allegedly).

9. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

That shit is extremely common here. There are guys running around with $60k trucks collecting unemployment, welfare, food stamps, whatever, simply because the $100,000 they make in selling weed is off the books. They even get the low-income discount on their electricity bills for their grow houses.

10. Ego

Ego The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head

If I had the nerve to get involved in nefarious dealings like that and knew I'd earn that much money in a year, I'd do the exact same thing.

11. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

12. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

How do you think getting only 2 Democrats to vote against it makes it "bipartisan?" The Stimulus bill had more Republicans that voted for it.

This'll get chopped up and the 90% of the stuff that was in there that Republicans would have voted for with an R in the White House will get passed. This way that can't be labeled as obstructionist and also can't be labeled as actually "supporting" a big signature Obama proposal.

13. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

Isn't it all a sham anyway. Aren't tax increases prohibited from originating in the Senate? I thought the Congress controls the purse strings, as they say.

14. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Umm, because ALL of the Republicans voted against it as well as 2 Democrats. That is bi-partisan support for scrapping the bill. I am not disputing the fact that the stimulus bill passed with bi-partisan support. If only one party votes FOR and both vote AGAINST, it's still bi-partisan, it just didn't work out in the President's favor.

15. Owenay

Owenay Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...

Partycock forgot the :icon_cool again. He knows damn well what 'bi-partisan' means these days.

16. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Like I said earlier:

17. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

The dems that were against it were the ones up fore re-election in conservative districts. Harry was able to strong arm some of them, but not all. Way to vote your conscience, dems. More political expediency, trying to keep obama from being embarrassed by his own party.

18. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Once again I'm proven right. Keep blaming Republicans. It just shows how ignorant you really are.

19. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

yea but all they have to do is introduce it in the House, dosen't have to come to a vote before the Senate can vote on it

20. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I've haven't heard a lot of Republicans admit the Stimulus was passed with bipartisan support.