Occasionally Nervous After O+A Comments

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
I don't know how many of you do the same....

I've noticed that since the whole Condeleeza Rice/Laura Bush debacle, sometimes after someone on the show makes an off-color-moreso-than-average comment, I get nervous that I'm going to hear about it in another retarted scandal that might surface days later.

Today it was Ant's admission that he ***** as much as he can when he realizes he's dreaming. Yesterday was Jimmy's (HILLARIOUS!!) NigNog joke. Totally innocuous/funny/entertaining to me and the majority of regular listeners, but with all that's happened in this post-Imus/Janet Jackson world, I get uneasy.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
You're not alone in your nervousness.

There are definitely times when I yell "oh, that's a smart thing to say" at my radio.

Just to be clear, I'm not critiquing what they are saying or where it is coming from. It's more like a "you're going to get yourselves in trouble again" thing.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I got that same feeling during the XM show today.

"Oh no, they're gonna kill Patti!!!" :icon_eek:

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
It's a hell of a ride. Sit back and enjoy it while it lasts.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
You're not alone in your nervousness.

There are definitely times when I yell "oh, that's a smart thing to say" at my radio.

Just to be clear, I'm not critiquing what they are saying or where it is coming from. It's more like a "you're going to get yourselves in trouble again" thing.
same here

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I just get nervous when they try to bring XM bits to CBS.
Let the XM stuff stay on XM. FM is too restrictive and there
are too many asshats listening just waiting for a fuck up.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I just get nervous when they try to bring XM bits to CBS.
Let the XM stuff stay on XM. FM is too restrictive and there
are too many asshats listening just waiting for a fuck up.
Change XM to WNEW, and CBS to K-Rock, and I feel the same way

shitfobrains

Nov 17, 2006
The beach
Ah, fuck it. Just like all those lucky birdies there in Dallas in 1963, we want to be in on something historic. Let them do whatever the bigwigs will allow them to do. It'll still get the funny out there.

Let 'em work...let 'em live. (Quote from SC construction zone signs)

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Why should I be nervous, I pay for uncensored radio, right?

bayzbol44

Apr 25, 2005
Chi-Town
Why should I be nervous, I pay for uncensored radio, right?
Not anymore. I think the suspension and them holding back at times shows that satellite radio is censored to a point.

I will enjoy them everyday until D-Day comes.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
There are definitely comments made everyday that make me nervous about my favorite radio show. I don't want another XM suspension, I still shudder when I think of 30 days w/o O&A on XM .

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Not anymore. I think the suspension and them holding back at times shows that satellite radio is censored to a point.

I will enjoy them everyday until D-Day comes.

It may also be a bit of self-censoring on XM also. The boys are not doing too much right after the Imus & "Homeless Charlie" incidents. Trying to let it settle out some more.
I have noticed them lately getting like they're used to on XM. Not all the way, but the right direction.
Problem is with the return of Imus, the media and the groups are going to be watching him and shows like his(O&A) very soon.

Lonelily

put something clever here
May 16, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Ant's description of his dreams did make me quite nervous. It was great because I honeslty didn't expect that kind of stuff anymore.

Scuba Steve

We Will Never Forget XM202. Suck My Fucking Cock
Jul 20, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I like it when the XM stuff is on that side and the CBS stuff is seperate. It should not be crossed over. Other than that just sit back and enjoy the ride and have fun

Feb 20, 2007
I usualy don't wake up until ONA have done broadcasting. I check WB every morning, if I see Pat Battle mode I get nervous.
I'm at work so I stay on WB and one of the reasons is to see if we went to Pat Battle mode. Its like going from yellow alert to red alert - these days it means a totally different thing after the suspension.

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
2869.02 miles from the Stienway Bldg
I'm at work so I stay on WB and one of the reasons is to see if we went to Pat Battle mode. Its like going from yellow alert to red alert - these days it means a totally different thing after the suspension.
Exactly, a few years ago seeing Pat Battle mode was thantastic. It meant time to fuck with people, but ever since the homeless Charlie incident.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
Prediction: they'll start dumping out of the word "raip" on the FM side.

Anthony will be forced to say "non-consensual sexual contact" to dance around it in the adorably brainy way he does, then they'll have a meeting and be instructed not to talk about it altogether.

Man, I can't wait until we're finished eliminating all the unpleasant things from our media and they vanish in real life. That's going to be so cool.