BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Octopus pictures spark outrage online

|

by NATALIE SWABY / KING 5 News
Bio | Email | Follow: @NSwabyKing5
Posted on November 1, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:28 PM

SEATTLE -- The fallout continues after a man wrestled an octopus out of Elliott Bay on Wednesday. While the man did not break the law, upset divers said what happened highlights the need for a change.
Divers Bob Bailey and Scott Lundy witnessed two men throwing the octopus in the back of a pick up truck and confronted him.

Bailey said, "what are you guys doing?"

The man answered, "we are hunting. It's legal," according to Bailey

Bailey responded, "it's legal but nobody does that, it's wrong."

"When you see these animals under water they are graceful, they move, they flow. When you see them in the back of the truck squirming it is not nearly as impressive. It's sad," said Lundy.

Bailey and Lundy posted photos and their account of what happened online. Within 24 hours they received a big response.

"The outrage today is phenomenal," said Bailey.

According to state law, it is legal but there are guidelines, like you have to be licensed and you can only catch one octopus a day. A Fish and Wildlife Officer investigated and said it appeared the diver who caught the octopus followed the rules.

Bailey and Lundy said they understand the rules, but in their many years of diving at Cove 2 in Elliott Bay, they had never seen it happen before. Now a group of dedicated divers wants to make the popular diving site a protected sanctuary from the law. They said they are already reaching out to city leaders.

"People come from all over the state, if not all over the country, to visit octopus just over here," said Lundy. "One octopus lost its life, but hopefully we can save the others."

Bailey said many divers feel a connection with the Giant Pacific octopus in Elliott Bay.

"It's like a petting zoo. We know where they are, we visit them, we give them names," said Bailey. "All we are asking is don't hunt here."

The divers who caught the octopus declined to comment
A video I didn't watch at the link:

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Octopus-hunting-176894391.html

"When you see these animals under water they are graceful, they move, they flow. When you see them in the back of the truck squirming it is not nearly as impressive. It's sad," said Lundy.
It's food, you hippie shit dick.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
"It's like a petting zoo. We know where they are, we visit them, we give them names," said Bailey. "All we are asking is don't hunt here."
It makes me really happy that Frodo the Octopus is sitting in Pike's Place market with a price tag sticking out of his asshole.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It makes me really happy that Frodo the Octopus is sitting in Pike's Place market with a price tag sticking out of his asshole.
Ah, my fine octo friend. I shall call you, Calamari.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Yeah... but they're graceful, they move, they flow. It's only okay to eat lumbering, sedentary, non-flowing creatures.

Ugh... hippies stink.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Deer are graceful too and very tasty.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Fucking douche bags.

And all the other guys are asking is that they can hunt there.

People are pretty fucking selfish when it comes to using public areas for their own activity and banning everyone else, and beaches are the worst. There are tons of letters to the editor up here advocating banning ATVs on this beach, or firearms on that river bar, etc. For the most part we have to learn to share these areas with people who do things that may annoy us.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
You should've at least smashed the octopus with a scuba tank to kill it quickly. That's my only problem with this.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Save the octopus

Its fun

Save! and a beaut..

I love that these idiots think they accomplished something by taking a picture of the octopus in the truck. "We'll show you, maaannnnn! We just took a picture of that octopus!"

Fucking morons think all animals are like muppets and bugs bunny. Maybe the guys that caught the thing are fish fans, and saved the lives if hundreds of fishes by killing the vicious predator octopus. How about the fishie genocide committed by the sneaky octopus, hippie fuck?

maz

TRueWDTer
Apparently they like to steal things too
God Damn criminals

They were illegal octopi, they tried to elude and got some Texas justice.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
You should've at least smashed the octopus with a scuba tank to kill it quickly. That's my only problem with this.
The longer it stays alive the fresher it is. I don't know if they still have them but there used to be sushi bars in Tokyo with channels of flowing water in them at the bar that pushed water into the mouths and out of the gills of the giant fish laying in them keeping them alive. They would fillet the meat off the side of the fish and serve it to you while the fishes big ol' eye stared at you eating him.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
The longer it stays alive the fresher it is.
Then capture it and keep it in a tank like they do with lobsters. When someone orders octopus, the fucker swims the green mile, and then it gets smashed to death with a hammer. Simple.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
And deny it a nice truck ride down the interstate? Octopi love those.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

The dog eaters love this shit. Raw, a little soy sauce and chew chew chew.

maz

TRueWDTer
You're gonna make Ben Stein angry , MH

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Hunters should adopt a new policy: whenever they kill an animal, they cook it and eat it. But, if anyone bothers them about it in any way, they instead just cum on it and throw it out into the garbage.