Octopus Walks on Land at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
rogan posted this on twitter

[YT]FjQr3lRACPI[/YT]

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
Cool thing to see for sure. Pretty sure octopus moving around isn't a new fad though.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Looks like the first scout of the Megasquid from the old The Future is Wild show

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Cthullu scout.
While I don't know who "Joey" is, I hope he can swing a shovel real hard and has some remote land.

Jun 2, 2005
Octopi are fucking brilliant. Google around for video of them changing colors too.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
When they use that ink to write with I'll be impressed.

MojoRisen

Apr 30, 2009
I for one welcome are new Octopus overlords.

Jun 2, 2005
There was a video I saw like 10 years ago of an Atlantic Giant that was climbing out of it's tank at an aquarium and crawling along the wall to steal nautilus from a neighboring tank to eat. They actually fired the entire cleaning crew because they thought they were stealing them. (Nautilus are worth thousands to enthusiasts)

The freaky thing was the tank had a lid with a latch, and the octopus would re-close and latch his tank to keep from getting caught. This same octopus was put in this tank because he was killing the sharks in the main tank...

Fucking fascinating animals.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
There was a video I saw like 10 years ago of an Atlantic Giant that was climbing out of it's tank at an aquarium and crawling along the wall to steal nautilus from a neighboring tank to eat. They actually fired the entire cleaning crew because they thought they were stealing them. (Nautilus are worth thousands to enthusiasts)

The freaky thing was the tank had a lid with a latch, and the octopus would re-close and latch his tank to keep from getting caught. This same octopus was put in this tank because he was killing the sharks in the main tank...

Fucking fascinating animals.
Ever see the video of the octopus squish through a hole about 1 inch and unlock a box and get the treats inside?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
I'm setting up a 120 gallon saltwater tank and have been mulling over getting a pet octopus. A local guy has one and it is truly a brilliant animal. It can tell the difference between different people and loves to taunt his cat. They are very good escape artists and he has had to seal his tank because he has discovered Dr. Octo, in the sump several times.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
this is going to lead to:

[video=youtube;k28-RmmLhzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k28-RmmLhzg[/video]

Jun 2, 2005
Ever see the video of the octopus squish through a hole about 1 inch and unlock a box and get the treats inside?
I'm sure I have, I was fascinated by these stupid things for years. I'd spend hours on Jewtube doing nothing but finding cool octopus videos.

I'm setting up a 120 gallon saltwater tank and have been mulling over getting a pet octopus. A local guy has one and it is truly a brilliant animal. It can tell the difference between different people and loves to taunt his cat. They are very good escape artists and he has had to seal his tank because he has discovered Dr. Octo, in the sump several times.
Advice? Start with a Bali Dwarf. They're small, cheap (around $50?), and they only live about 4-5 years. They do all the same cool shit and are just as smart as the bigger ones, but you can actually keep them in a smaller enclosure in your tank that's sealed instead of having to go all psycho sealing off the whole 120 gallons. Rule of thumb is that an octopus can squeeze through any opening larger than it's eye. (the only part of it's body it can't morph) The coolest set-ups I've seen for a "Tank within a tank" like this are usually some sort of rodent cage or gerbil ball. Plastic of course...

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
[video=youtube;ocWF6d0nelY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWF6d0nelY&feature=related[/video]

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
If you're getting a 120 gallon salt tank, get some red-bellied Piranha.
[video=youtube;ZOV86AONzkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOV86AONzkQ&[/video]

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
If you're getting a 120 gallon salt tank, get some red-bellied Piranha.
[video=youtube;ZOV86AONzkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOV86AONzkQ&[/video]
So put fresh water fish in a salt water tank?

baluku

Gainin' weight since '88
Jan 4, 2007
It's only a matter of time...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
this is going to lead to:

[video=youtube;k28-RmmLhzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k28-RmmLhzg[/video]
Funny story - that movie is not actually called The Attack of the Octopus People. I can't remember the actual title, but one of the videos on the AVGN website mentioned it.

Oh, and none of this shit? I am disappoint.

Jun 2, 2005
How are they in all those south american tidal rivers?
Because different schools are highly adaptive to brackish water, but that doesn't mean you can just throw any old red-bellied piranha into salt water.